Conservative corruption in 2 pictures

Picture 2 shows £30 worth of food distributed by the Welsh government to poor kids in Wales. The difference in content can be explained by the fact that the Welsh government is not seeking to make a huge profit from hungry children
I cant see the pictures, but if Wales provides decent food for children then it is good. But I feel that the Welsh budget has significant deficit and it gets more than gives to the central budget. If it is so, the Welsh government has little to be praised for. That is not their money.
Its not that straightforward. Wales does not have tax raising powers so is forced to rely on getting our own money back.Thats a complicated picture but probably we get back a little more than we pay.
Balancing that out Wales has to pay for English projects it gets no benefit from such as Trident and HS2. We also cant control our natural resources. For example our water is piped to England so cheaply that English water bills are lower than Welsh bills. We also carry the cost of having so many retired English folk living here and putting a strain on our health service.
Yes, I agree that economic relations between regions and central government arent so straight. But Wales has the lowest earnings per capita in comparison with the other regions of the UK, and IIRC some of its counties are considered one of the poorest ones in Westerm Europe. So, who knows.
Which underlines why the union is not working for us.
So, what is the solution?
Independence.
Well, considering the demographic in Northern Ireland and political development in Scotland, the break up of the UK seems quite possible in the future.

Picture 2 shows £30 worth of food distributed by the Welsh government to poor kids in Wales. The difference in content can be explained by the fact that the Welsh government is not seeking to make a huge profit from hungry children
I cant see the pictures, but if Wales provides decent food for children then it is good. But I feel that the Welsh budget has significant deficit and it gets more than gives to the central budget. If it is so, the Welsh government has little to be praised for. That is not their money.

The purpose of a government is to serve the people who it represents. It is not a business whose only concern is profit. If it costs more to supply a needed service to the citizens, then perhaps they need to bring in more taxes, but profit/loss is not, and should not be the main concern. Government is not a business, and can not be run as one.
Yes, a government is not a business, but there are common principles of basic economy. And one of them says that you can't spend more than you earn, at least in a long term perspective. Either you decrease your expenditures or increase the earnings.

The people's business is not a for profit endeavor. It can't be run as one.

The purpose of a government is to serve the people who it represents. It is not a business whose only concern is profit. If it costs more to supply a needed service to the citizens, then perhaps they need to bring in more taxes, but profit/loss is not, and should not be the main concern. Government is not a business, and can not be run as one.
Yes, a government is not a business, but there are common principles of basic economy. And one of them says that you can't spend more than you earn, at least in a long term perspective. Either you decrease your expenditures or increase the earnings.

Well, I dont understand your point. Every entity (a household, small business, corporation, county, state, union, international organization etc) can be viable only if it make its ends meet. You cant spend more that you earn. Or you should find a source to finance your deficit. But sooner or later you will need to find a way to pay back your creditors. That is as simple as that. What is wrong?

Well, I dont understand your point. Every entity (a household, small business, corporation, county, state, union, international organization etc) can be viable only if it make its ends meet. You cant spend more that you earn. Or you should find a source to finance your deficit. But sooner or later you will need to find a way to pay back your creditors. That is as simple as that. What is wrong?

Of course hard decisions will always have to be made, but the priority is not, and should not be profit. We give billions to corporations that don't need it. The people should be a higher priority than them.

Are the parents of those starving kids, too fucking stupid to take care of their kids? Why do you Brits breed such people, who cant take responsibility for bringing children into this world?
Difficult when you have lost your job you fucking melt.

There's that cliché in action, about government breaking your leg, and you're supposed to be grateful when they give you a crutch.

Are the parents of those starving kids, too fucking stupid to take care of their kids? Why do you Brits breed such people, who cant take responsibility for bringing children into this world?

There's that cliché in action, about government breaking your leg, and you're supposed to be grateful when they give you a crutch.
I dont know anybody who has had their leg broken by the government.

Because that was a metaphor you dumbass.

Government takes 50% of your pay in taxes, but gives you only 10% of it back, telling you all is okay. Dont see that as irony do you?

Government takes 50% of your pay in taxes, but gives you only 10% of it back, telling you all is okay. Dont see that as irony do you?
Do you have a link to those figures ?

United Kingdom Personal Income Tax Rate | 1990-2020 Data | 2021-2023 Forecast (tradingeconomics.com)

United Kingdom Personal Income Tax Rate | 1990-2020 Data | 2021-2023 Forecast (tradingeconomics.com)
That isnt an accurate figure. There are several levels of tax and everybody gets a tax free allowance. Nobody pays a atraight 45%.

Of course hard decisions will always have to be made, but the priority is not, and should not be profit. We give billions to corporations that don't need it. The people should be a higher priority than them.
I support a small government with little interference in economy and social life. Of course, in real life it is hard to achieve that. But certainly there should be a balance in a state budget. You cant constantly amount the debt. At some point, people should repay it. And those who now get some benefits may be the ones who will suffer the most.

Forum List

Back