What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zone1 Conservative American Evangelicals are taking this country to task

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That was the Constitution, not the Bible.

But it seems you're going to stick by Christian ISIS and Taliban. Cool. When a bunch of Christians die, I know who to blame. "Rhetoric", right? Your rules.

I saw one time at a protest, some people carrying signs with that same words.

whoisit

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's the opposite of what Jesus taught.....

Most don't know what the Bible teachers, because their church leaders teach for itchy ears.
Here is what the Old and New Testament says about " charity",

2 Thessalonians 3:10 ESV / 50 helpful votes​

For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Genesis 3:19 ESV / 26 helpful votes​

By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

Ephesians 4:28 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Proverbs 18:9 ESV / 14 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful​

Whoever is slack in his work is a brother to him who destroys.

whoisit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup.

Don't see anything about helping the poor,which is what Jesus taught.

My understanding of this verse is meant for those who are unable to work through no fault of their own.
Old Testament said to care for widows and orphans and if memory serves me that was part of the 10% to be given of your wages or produce.
Very few people give 10% and if they did it would be foolishly given by most of todays clergy.

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
Most don't know what the Bible teachers, because their church leaders teach for itchy ears.
Here is what the Old and New Testament says about " charity",

2 Thessalonians 3:10 ESV / 50 helpful votes​

For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Genesis 3:19 ESV / 26 helpful votes​

By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

Ephesians 4:28 ESV / 20 helpful votes​

Proverbs 18:9 ESV / 14 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful​

Whoever is slack in his work is a brother to him who destroys.
You do realize those passages were for MEN...and not women rearing children....who are the welfare recipients of today?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Such stuff like this seems a march towards Totalitarianism or Authoritarianism, which i feel is a step back from democracy.

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Such stuff like this seems a march towards Totalitarianism or Authoritarianism, which i feel is a step back from democracy.

No doubt those same trusty "feelings" lead you to believe that Christians saying things you don't like = Taliban beheading, gang raping, and using children as human shields.

I wish you had the good sense to be ashamed. I'm ashamed for you.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List