Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

So we've seen a few threads on these boards about how Gina Carano was fired by Disney after she repeatedly posted racist, conspiratorial and transphobic memes on Twitter, and someone decided that she wasn't the best person to have on your Fun Space Adventure for the Whole Family. Yes, after spending 4 BILLION to buy the rights to Star Wars, they didn't want some third tier actor dragging them into controversy they didn't need.

View attachment 464341
Fun Space Adventure... Calling them "Younglings" so you don't have to say, "Killed Children"

Anyway, the Right Wing has gone apoplectic over this. How dare we punish this poor woman for merely expressing her opinion.

Of course, these were the same people who insisted that the NFL Fire Colin Kaepernick because he took a knee protesting police misconduct and killing of black people.

View attachment 464342

Eventually, he was proven right when the country exploded into riots after George Floyd was murdered. Even big corporations got in on the act.

Then there were the Dixie Chicks. Remember them? They were a country band that expressed the opinion that our war with Iraq over weapons that didn't exist was probably a bad idea. (Actually, only one of them did, but they all paid for it.

View attachment 464343

Eventually, they were proven right. Heck, you'd be hard pressed to find a Right Winger today who would argue the Iraq War was a good idea.

Then there was the grandmother of all "Cancel Culture", Jane Fonda. You remember Jane? She was the one who said our undeclared war in Vietnam was a terrible idea. Even humanized the people we were mercilessly bombing by visiting them.

View attachment 464344

Well, she was proven right. The war was a bad idea. Not that it did her any good, people still denounced her as "Hanoi Jane" and her career was pretty much over by 1980.

Point is, the Right Wing was for Cancel Culture (really, "Consequence Culture") before they were against it.

So let the right wing outrage begin!!!
Jane Fonda said

"I just think COVID is God's gift to the left," Fonda remarked with a chuckle. "It's a terrible thing to say, I mean, I think it was a very difficult thing to send down to us, but it has ripped the bandaid off who [Trump] is and what he stands for and what is being done to average working people in this country."

Jane Fonda said

"I just think COVID is God's gift to the left," Fonda remarked with a chuckle. "It's a terrible thing to say, I mean, I think it was a very difficult thing to send down to us, but it has ripped the bandaid off who [Trump] is and what he stands for and what is being done to average working people in this country."

Okay, that statement probably has some merit.

I mean, it would be nice if dumb white folks could get the point that Trump is an idiot without killing them... but that's kind of what it took.

Well, that's true.. Norris probably couldn't string a sentence together without a writer telling him what to say and a director telling him how to say it.

My point stands. All these people who were all for the Vietnam War, none of them seemed to have found their way over there.

Unless you can demonstrate that Norris advocated for the Vietnam War, then you're nothing but a lying sack of shit.

Please provide your proof that he was in favor of the Vietnam War...

But Jane Fonda was bad because she said it was wrong.

No, she was bad because she chose to pose for pictures with the enemy and mock our troops.

Bitch needs to catch a bullet between the eyes...

Again, you couldn't afford my asking price. That was before I'd get to an interview and all the alarms would go off about "Toxic Management".

Not that I couldn't, because I easily could. I wouldn't, because you're a liar and a thief...

White people Decent, non-scumbag Americans got ANGRY when Kap took a knee.

Fixed that for ya'...

Of course, he was right... we have too many thugs cops shooting black people for no good reason, and he was totally right to be upset about it. So were a lot of his fellow players, who have achieved that pinnacle of professional success of being in the NFL, but still encounter being pulled over for a "DWB" (Driving While Black).

So, let's burn down whitey's shit?

Fuck that...

But the reality- we didn't listen to Kap when he did a peaceful protest and have a thoughtful discussion.
Because, for him, it was his way or the highway. That's exactly how the rioters reacted, as well. There was no room for compromise or discussion. We either did what they wanted or they'd attack middle America.

Unless you can demonstrate that Norris advocated for the Vietnam War, then you're nothing but a lying sack of shit.

Please provide your proof that he was in favor of the Vietnam War...

He starred in the "Missing in Action" films... Horrible, nasty bits of Jingoism that repeated a bunch of lies.

No, she was bad because she chose to pose for pictures with the enemy and mock our troops.

Bitch needs to catch a bullet between the eyes...

When did she "mock the troops". Yes, she posed for picture with the people we were mercilessly bombing for not wanting the kind of government we thought they should have. How dare you humanize the enemy?

Not that I couldn't, because I easily could. I wouldn't, because you're a liar and a thief...

Naw, you really couldn't... given you don't even pay your managers good wages.

So, let's burn down whitey's shit?

Fuck that...

They got Whitey's attention, didn't they? White people are falling all over themselves now to do what they SHOULD have done years ago.

Because, for him, it was his way or the highway. That's exactly how the rioters reacted, as well. There was no room for compromise or discussion. We either did what they wanted or they'd attack middle America.

What was Kap asking for that was so unreasonable? We'll wait.

He starred in the "Missing in Action" films... Horrible, nasty bits of Jingoism that repeated a bunch of lies.

What that proves is that he was an actor who needed to earn a living. Nothing more, nothing less.

Using your logic, Anthony Hopkins condones cannabalism...

How dare you humanize the enemy?

Humanizing the enemy is a strong step down the path to defeat.

You were just a supply clerk, though, so you wouldn't know that...

Naw, you really couldn't... given you don't even pay your managers good wages.

That's right, I don't pay them "good" wages. "Good" wages are for losers who do "fine" at their jobs.

My people get paid stellar wages; wages you could only dream of getting...

They got Whitey's attention, didn't they? White people are falling all over themselves now to do what they SHOULD have done years ago.

Whites who are capitulating to them are doing it for the wrong reasons. How is that progress?

Okay, we'll take down some statues because your little feelings go hurt, but how does that address cops killing negroes?

What was Kap asking for that was so unreasonable? We'll wait.

It was the manner in which he presented his point which made his point unimportant to good Americans...

What in the actual fuck?

This has nothing to do with Trump.

This has to do with how we need to start killing scumbag negroes and about you being a lying thief...

yup, you're not a racist.

Um, did I claim otherwise?

No, dipshit, I didn't.

I have no problem with blacks. They're good people; no better or worse than whites, who go to work, pay their taxes, raise their families, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Negroes are those of the same skin color, but who prefer to make demands and live off the government teet. They're of no value, whatsoever, to society.

I also take note, and others should, as well, that you don't deny being dishonest, a thief and a liar.

That speaks volumes about you...

Jane Fonda said

I mean, it would be nice if dumb white folks could get the point that Trump is an idiot without killing them... but that's kind of what it took.

What in the actual fuck?

This has to do with how we need to start killing scumbag negroes and about you being a lying thief...
I am a black man and from what I see so far your are a racist

CB

What that proves is that he was an actor who needed to earn a living. Nothing more, nothing less.

Using your logic, Anthony Hopkins condones cannabalism...

Actually, he made a couple of them...

And he's a typical RW hypocrite... always happy to send someone else's kid off to war.

Humanizing the enemy is a strong step down the path to defeat.

You were just a supply clerk, though, so you wouldn't know that...

Dehumanizing the enemy is what the Nazis did... you are in fine company.

The real problem in Vietnam, we were 100% completely in the wrong and our leaders lied to us. (Both parties).

That's right, I don't pay them "good" wages. "Good" wages are for losers who do "fine" at their jobs.

My people get paid stellar wages; wages you could only dream of getting...

140K for a facility manager? That's a joke.

Whites who are capitulating to them are doing it for the wrong reasons. How is that progress?

Okay, we'll take down some statues because your little feelings go hurt, but how does that address cops killing negroes?

Real police reform is being passed. Taking down the statues is nice, too. Now, sending racists off to re-education camps, while that would be satisfying, might be a little harsh.

It was the manner in which he presented his point which made his point unimportant to good Americans...

Uh, the manner he did it in was a PEACEFUL PROTEST. You know, the kind you guys say you are all for now that black people got sick of your shit and started burning stuff.

1619985198760.png

I have no problem with blacks. They're good people; no better or worse than whites, who go to work, pay their taxes, raise their families, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Negroes are those of the same skin color, but who prefer to make demands and live off the government teet. They're of no value, whatsoever, to society.

I also take note, and others should, as well, that you don't deny being dishonest, a thief and a liar.

Hey, guy, I'm just going to start reporting your ass when you say shit like this... I'm done trying to be civil to you.

Hey, guy, I'm just going to start reporting your ass when you say shit like this... I'm done trying to be civil to you.
Canon Shooter is a Racist
I am a black man
CB

Jane Fonda said

What in the actual fuck?

I am a black man and from what I see so far your are a racist

CB

Well, stick around and learn.

If you're a decent guy you and I won't have any problems.

If you're some scumbag who'd rather cash a welfare check than a paycheck, you and I will part ways in pretty short order...

When I start saying what?

That you're a liar, a thief and dishonest?

Those are all things YOU'VE laid claim to, dummy...

I am a black man
CB

Do you support the burning down of cities and attacks on whites who've done absolutely nothing to anyone?

I am a black man
CB

Do you support the burning down of cities and attacks on whites who've done absolutely nothing to anyone?
Do you support white cops murdering black people?

Actually, he made a couple of them...

And he's a typical RW hypocrite... always happy to send someone else's kid off to war.

Do you ever actually read what's in the links you post?

You can read, can't you?

There's not a single mention about Vietnam in the article you linked to.

You, again, are a failure...

Dehumanizing the enemy is what the Nazis did... you are in fine company.

There it is. You are aware, aren't you, that "Nazi" is trotted out first by the person who has no argument. Nice work, dipshit.

The fact of the matter is that anyone who's ever stepped on a battlefied, if he or she had any hope of victory, dehumanized their enemy...

140K for a facility manager? That's a joke.

Here ya' go, dumbfuck:

Facilities Manager Salary in Jacksonville, FL | Salary.com

What in the actual fuck?

yup, you're not a racist.

Um, did I claim otherwise?

No, dipshit, I didn't.

That speaks volumes about you...
So you have no problems with white people "living off the government teet" ?

Forum List

Back