Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

Actually, being "cancelled" was the smartest career move Kaepernick ever made. A washed up 2nd string quarterback suddenly becoming a household name and making more money hawking cheap Red Chinese made shoes to suckers than he ever did in the NFL.

If Kaep hadn't decided to disrespect America's veterans, he'd be forgotten by now, sitting in a bar someplace bragging about how he was in the NFL to interested barflys.

Kap didn't disrespect veterans... he protested police brutality.

And he was proven right.

Are you a Veteran? Have you ever served your country in uniform?

No, you haven't. Consequently, you're in no position to speak to how Veterans feel about what Kaepernick did...

Yeah, that's right. They're "lazy". It's not that we have 400 years of institutionalized racism. Not at all.

Check your privilege, Bitch.

My "privilege" comes as a result of my hard work, Bitch.

Saying I'm privileged because I'm white is every bit as racist as saying that someone is discriminated against because he's black...

Because even POOR white people have more privileges than middle class minorities.

Not the poor whites I know...

Get real. Lesser and included charges are allowed under our law.

I fully understand that, and my opinion is not regarding only this case. If you think you need to try someone on a lesser charge because you might not get a conviction on the more serious crime, you probably shouldn't try someone on the more serious charge...

In this case, including all three options does make sense, given that the evidence supported all three, it's just a matter of interpretation.

If the evidence supported all three, why bother with the lesser charges?

If you need to include lesser charges just so you can get a conviction on something, maybe you should just try the person on the lesser charge in the first place...

Last edited:
Actually, being "cancelled" was the smartest career move Kaepernick ever made. A washed up 2nd string quarterback suddenly becoming a household name and making more money hawking cheap Red Chinese made shoes to suckers than he ever did in the NFL.

If Kaep hadn't decided to disrespect America's veterans, he'd be forgotten by now, sitting in a bar someplace bragging about how he was in the NFL to interested barflys.

And he was proven right.

That's not the way the veterans saw it. They saw his actions against America as a direct attack.

And he was proven right.

That's not the way the veterans saw it. They saw his actions against America as a direct attack.

Hey, check yourself, pal. This is Joey you're talking to. Didn't you know that he's decided he's qualified to speak affirmatively on anything and everything he knows nothing about, and is qualified to opine as to what others believe?

Please. Know your place...

LOL!

I'm a veteran, I didn't see it that way.

I saw it as a legitimate protest, which is what I thought I was protecting when I served.

What I wasn't out there protecting... the ability of cops to murder black people in the streets.

A lot of combat veterans saw it differently, I'll just leave it at that. Mr. Kaepernick didn't bother going to the VFW and American Legion in advance, which is what he would have done if he was concerned.

However, I just see it as a schtick. A device to get people interested in his career and ready to buy tickets and tune into the game , just to watch him get his comeuppance.

Much like Muhammad Ali's adoption of the anti-honky and anti-American banter, or Sergeant Slaughter defecting to Iraq and declaring war on the idea of peace.

If people buy tickets to see you play because they dislike you and want to get you knocked on your keister, the money spends just as well as people buying tickets because they love you.

Are you a Veteran? Have you ever served your country in uniform?

No, you haven't. Consequently, you're in no position to speak to how Veterans feel about what Kaepernick did...

Um, yes, I was in the Army for 11 years active duty and reserves... thanks for asking.

MOS 76Y, rank SSG.

I don't believe you. After all, you've already told me you're a liar.

But, let's pretend you were in the Army. E-6 in 11 years is nothing to write home about...

I'm a veteran, I didn't see it that way.

Odds are slim that you're being truthful but, if you are a Veteran, you're in a very small, ignorant group...

I saw it as a legitimate protest, which is what I thought I was protecting when I served.

You were a fucking supply clerk who took 11 fucking years to make Staff Sergeant...

What I wasn't out there protecting... the ability of cops to murder black people in the streets.

How do you protect an American's rights when your job is issuing toilet paper?

A lot of combat veterans saw it differently, I'll just leave it at that. Mr. Kaepernick didn't bother going to the VFW and American Legion in advance, which is what he would have done if he was concerned.

Actually, Kap did have a conversation with a veteran and they agreed kneeling would be a peaceful, respectful protest.

ou were a fucking supply clerk who took 11 fucking years to make Staff Sergeant...

Actually, I made it in about 7 years... and five of those I was a reservist and wasn't taking it terribly seriously. Just using the reserves to pay for college. When I went active, I made SSG in about two years.

How do you protect an American's rights when your job is issuing toilet paper?

If you think that's all a Supply NCO does, then you probably never served.

Actually, Kap did have a conversation with a veteran and they agreed kneeling would be a peaceful, respectful protest.

One Vet doesn't speak for all.

Kaepernick waited to go public with that until he found a Vet who agreed with him, and then he rode that story like a carnival ride. He spoke with several Veterans who told him it would be disrespectful. The VFW didn't support him, nor did the American Legion...

Actually, I made it in about 7 years... and five of those I was a reservist and wasn't taking it terribly seriously. Just using the reserves to pay for college. When I went active, I made SSG in about two years.

Liar.

Besides, that would mean you spent four years as an E-6. That's almost shameful...

If you think that's all a Supply NCO does, then you probably never served.

It's all you did, I'm confident of that. The Army would entrust someone as dishonest as you with anything important...

No sense to this discussion.
A football game is not supposed to be about veterans, the military, or the flag.
Nor is anyone supposed to be able to tell anyone else what being "patriotic" is supposed to mean.
If you can't criticize your government, then you don't have a democratic republic, but instead a dictatorhip, and it should be destroyed.
And in fact, we likely do live in a dictatorship.
It is not just that unarmed Blacks are being murdered by police, but the Pentagon lied about WMD in Iraq, Vietnam, etc., and we murdered millions of innocent people.

One Vet doesn't speak for all.

Kaepernick waited to go public with that until he found a Vet who agreed with him, and then he rode that story like a carnival ride. He spoke with several Veterans who told him it would be disrespectful. The VFW didn't support him, nor did the American Legion...

So what? Most vets don't belong to either of those organizations.

Liar.

Besides, that would mean you spent four years as an E-6. That's almost shameful...

Not really. You needed a minimum of 10 years in to make E-7. In order to make E-7, I would have had to have gone to BNCOC, (I had just slipped in under the wire to make E-6 with just PLDC, what they call WLC now), ANCOC, and then would have had to gone to a Second AIT to get a second MOS. And frankly, by that point, right after the Gulf War, I was kind of sick of the whole thing. So it would have meant another 20 or more weeks of training to get something I wasn't that keen on getting.

And they even tried wiggling a E-7 slot in front of me to get me to re-enlist. I wasn't going for it.

It's all you did, I'm confident of that. The Army would entrust someone as dishonest as you with anything important...

Well, except, again, I was the Supply NCO for the Battalion HHC. And I was specifically requested for the role by the Bn. Cdr. at that time.

So what? Most vets don't belong to either of those organizations.

Perhaps, yet no other organizations have more Veteran members. They represent the two largest groups of Veterans.

You probably don't spend much time around Vets, but I can assure you that the membership of those two groups, for the most part, think Kaepernick's a piece of shit...

Not really. You needed a minimum of 10 years in to make E-7. In order to make E-7, I would have had to have gone to BNCOC, (I had just slipped in under the wire to make E-6 with just PLDC, what they call WLC now), ANCOC, and then would have had to gone to a Second AIT to get a second MOS. And frankly, by that point, right after the Gulf War, I was kind of sick of the whole thing. So it would have meant another 20 or more weeks of training to get something I wasn't that keen on getting.

Spin it any way you want. The fact of the matter is that getting out after 11 years, as an E-6, is indicative of someone who was either lazy or inept...

And they even tried wiggling a E-7 slot in front of me to get me to re-enlist. I wasn't going for it.

Of course not.

As an E-7, you'd have to be willing to shoulder responsibility for the good of the unit. You've made it rather clear that you're not capable of being concerned with anyone but yourself. Had they actually offered it to you (and there's not a single reason to believe they had) you'd have been an unqualified disaster had you accepted it...

Well, except, again, I was the Supply NCO for the Battalion HHC. And I was specifically requested for the role by the Bn. Cdr. at that time.

And why would anyone believe that?

Perhaps, yet no other organizations have more Veteran members. They represent the two largest groups of Veterans.

You probably don't spend much time around Vets, but I can assure you that the membership of those two groups, for the most part, think Kaepernick's a piece of shit...

I don't ask people their veteran status when I meet them, so I have no idea how many are vets unless they volunteer that info.

Point was, kap turned out to be right... kind of too bad we didn't listen to him before we had riots.

Of course not.

As an E-7, you'd have to be willing to shoulder responsibility for the good of the unit. You've made it rather clear that you're not capable of being concerned with anyone but yourself. Had they actually offered it to you (and there's not a single reason to believe they had) you'd have been an unqualified disaster had you accepted it...

Except I did perfectly fine as an E-6 and they really did want me to re-enlist. I didn't want to beacuse at that point, I was just kind of sick of the whole thing. I signed up to protect America, not the profits of Exxon.

Let Exxon hire it's own army.

I don't ask people their veteran status when I meet them, so I have no idea how many are vets unless they volunteer that info.

If you have to ask someone if they've served, you probably never have yourself...

Point was, kap turned out to be right...[/quote]

About what?

kind of too bad we didn't listen to him before we had riots.

Nothing would've stopped those riots.

Look at Chauvin's verdict. He was found guilty on all counts. BLM animals demand "THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!"

Okay, so when IS it enough? The Minneapolis PD is being investigated by the Feds. If they find a problem with violence against negroes in that department, will THAT? be enough?

No, it won't be. See, once they decide "that's enough" then there will be no reason to riot and, if there are no riots, then they can't loot and steal...

Except I did perfectly fine as an E-6 and they really did want me to re-enlist. I didn't want to beacuse at that point, I was just kind of sick of the whole thing. I signed up to protect America, not the profits of Exxon.

Let Exxon hire it's own army.

Exxon has its own army.

But you didn't answer my question: Why should anyone believe anything you say?

Look at Chauvin's verdict. He was found guilty on all counts. BLM animals demand "THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!"

Okay, so when IS it enough? The Minneapolis PD is being investigated by the Feds. If they find a problem with violence against negroes in that department, will THAT? be enough?

No, it won't be. See, once they decide "that's enough" then there will be no reason to riot and, if there are no riots, then they can't loot and steal...

Well, no, just convicting Chauvin isn't enough. We have to correct the problem that creates Chauvins.

We have to get rid of the bad apples.
We have to retrain these guys in de-escalation.

It was never about just one bad cop, it's about a bad system.

Because I can prove it... that's why.

Your creepy pal Mormon Bob doubted I was in the service, until I provided pictures of me in my time in.

Well, no, just convicting Chauvin isn't enough. We have to correct the problem that creates Chauvins.

We have to get rid of the bad apples.
We have to retrain these guys in de-escalation.

It was never about just one bad cop, it's about a bad system.

I won't necessarily disagree with that.

But as long as there are riots, things won't change. Why not? Because those who have to do the changing are going to busy keeping rabid negroes from rioting. They need to stand the fuck down...

Because I can prove it... that's why.

Your creepy pal Mormon Bob doubted I was in the service, until I provided pictures of me in my time in.

Who the fuck is Mormon Bob?

There's not a single reason to believe you. You're an admitted liar...

Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda were all correct.
They are heros.
Those who did not agree or understand, are still wrong.

Twitter must not be allowed to censor, police must not be allowed to murder, the invasion of Iraq was a war crime, and so was Vietnam.

If we do not support these heros, then we are accomplices to the crimes they are trying to stop.

They might have been all correct, but that doesn't mean their employers weren't within their rights to fire them, or that social media isn't within their rights to ban them.

Forum List

Back