Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

No, but you are trying to force corporations into action, how long before you start demanding that other people take action?

Not soon enough. Maybe we should force people to take action.

Let's be clear what Georgia did here. Stacey Adams worked her butt off to get black folks to the polls, costing Republicans the Presidency and two senate seats.

Now, if the Republicans were DECENT human beings, they would try to change their message to win over more votes.

Naw, fuck that shit. We're just going to make it harder for black people to vote. Just like the good old days of poll taxes and literacy tests.
Ah yes, let's just force everyone to do what you want them to. Freedom? Nope, does not apply.

Regardless of what Georgia did or didn't do, its not up to the left to force anything on anyone. That's the point I'm getting across. I can see, however, that you disagree, I wish it weren't so. Freedom means I don't have to do what you want me to. Freedom means I get to be free from your political ideology and your activism. It also means corporations are free from political activism.

Regardless of what Georgia did or didn't do, its not up to the left to force anything on anyone. That's the point I'm getting across. I can see, however, that you disagree, I wish it weren't so. Freedom means I don't have to do what you want me to. Freedom means I get to be free from your political ideology and your activism. It also means corporations are free from political activism.

Freedom means you can do what you want, but you also have to deal with the consequences.

For instance, you can legally make products out of puppies, but people won't want to buy your puppy products.

1617545192481.png

You can set up your factory in Jim Crow 2.0 state, but people might think that's a good reason to pick

1617545236307.png

Yeah, but you keep hiding the most pertinant one of all- Why did he do it? which tells me that you really don't want to say why he did it, because it makes your leadership look bad.

See, here's where one can tell how big a shitbag you are. By continuing to insist that the reason is pertinent, you make it clear that you obviously believe that a set of circumstances might exist which would make his crime okay. It doesn't. Under no circumstances could it be considered okay. This is why you'd be a shitty supervisor.

Remember, he admitted to knowingly doing it. He plead guilty to avoid jail time. This wasn't him stealing office supplies...

Either you didn't set clear expectations, or he thought he would be rewarded if his scheme worked.

Wow, you're a regular Sherlock Fuckin' Holmes, aren't you?

That you've been dancing around this issue for two weeks now, tells me a lot.

It should tell you that the reason doesn't matter, because it doesn't.

What set of circumstances would mitigate the severity of stealing several thousand dollars from your employer?

Now, I've never had anyone under my supervision ever try anything like that... because they KNEW what my expectations were.

You probably have had someone try it, and they likely succeeded, for the simple fact that you lack any trait which suggests you would be an astute manager...

the right to say something doesn't absolve you of the ramifications for saying it. If that were true, you could walk up to your boss and call him a cocksucker and expect nothing to happen to you
Depends on what you mean as a 'boss'. If it is an owner of the business you are working for, then you may be right. If it is a hired manager who fails to fulfill his duties properly, then why not?

Well, because it's still insubordination, for starters...

the right to say something doesn't absolve you of the ramifications for saying it. If that were true, you could walk up to your boss and call him a cocksucker and expect nothing to happen to you
Depends on what you mean as a 'boss'. If it is an owner of the business you are working for, then you may be right. If it is a hired manager who fails to fulfill his duties properly, then why not?

Yes, it is. So what? The manager can't just say 'you are fired' and make the worker go home the same day.

Yeah, but you keep hiding the most pertinant one of all- Why did he do it? which tells me that you really don't want to say why he did it, because it makes your leadership look bad.

See, here's where one can tell how big a shitbag you are. By continuing to insist that the reason is pertinent, you make it clear that you obviously believe that a set of circumstances might exist which would make his crime okay. It doesn't. Under no circumstances could it be considered okay. This is why you'd be a shitty supervisor.

Remember, he admitted to knowingly doing it. He plead guilty to avoid jail time. This wasn't him stealing office supplies...

Wow, I made you so mad, you screwed up the quote feature.

Okay, let's take the second part first. All that tells me is that your employers lawyer convinced him that pleading guilty to no jail time would be the path of least resistance, compared to spending years in court. It doesn't tell me why he did it.

The more you avoid the issue, the more you expose that you are hiding the part of the story that make you look like a real piece of shit.

What set of circumstances would mitigate the severity of stealing several thousand dollars from your employer?

Except he didn't steal it. You left access to that money in his control and clearly didn't give clear direction on what wasn't acceptable. It's like leaving your wide screen on the front porch and then bitching someone walked off with it.

ou probably have had someone try it, and they likely succeeded, for the simple fact that you lack any trait which suggests you would be an astute manager...

Except your the guy who had a sales rep blow a bunch of money in a non-productive way that damaged a relationship with a customer. Honestly, I've never seen anything like that in some 30 years of working in the private sector. But I work for professional organizations, not some little dunghill where the boss is concerned about what people talk about in the lunchroom.

Yes, it is. So what? The manager can't just say 'you are fired' and make the worker go home the same day.

Certain managers in my companies have the power to do exactly that...

Okay, let's take the second part first. All that tells me is that your employers lawyer convinced him that pleading guilty to no jail time would be the path of least resistance, compared to spending years in court. It doesn't tell me why he did it.

No, his lawyer told him to plead guilty to a lesser charge because, if the case was pursued, he was going to lose a lot more than he did...

The more you avoid the issue, the more you expose that you are hiding the part of the story that make you look like a real piece of shit.

I try to care about your opinion of me, but I really can't.

Again, it's clear you believe there could be a set of circumstances where stealing from an employer is acceptable behavior.

Sir, the piece of shit here is you...

Except he didn't steal it.

Yes, he did.

You left access to that money in his control and clearly didn't give clear direction on what wasn't acceptable. It's like leaving your wide screen on the front porch and then bitching someone walked off with it.

What an absolutely idiotic comparison.

Then again, nothing more can be expected from an idiot...

Except your the guy who had a sales rep blow a bunch of money in a non-productive way that damaged a relationship with a customer. Honestly, I've never seen anything like that in some 30 years of working in the private sector.

You've never worked ion such an environment. You have to beg people to let you write them mediocre resumes so THEY can get real jobs...

But I work for professional organizations, not some little dunghill where the boss is concerned about what people talk about in the lunchroom.

Yeah, a $25 million annual budget is certainly the sign of a "dunghill" company.

You're such a stupid little ignorant fuck.

You're just pissed because you've ealized that you're not important enough to have details...

Freedom means you can do what you want, but you also have to deal with the consequences.

For instance, you can legally make products out of puppies, but people won't want to buy your puppy products.

View attachment 476078

You can set up your factory in Jim Crow 2.0 state, but people might think that's a good reason to pick

View attachment 476079
The only consequence here is the one you are forcing on Georgia, and its businesses. What gives the left the right to unilaterally decide what is right and what is wrong, and be able to use threat of force to make them comply.

Just because you think what they did was wrong doesn't mean you are right. Many people don't see what Georgia did was wrong. You have a difference of opinion, yet you feel that your view is the only one that matters, and so you are going to punish everyone, until you get your way.

Okay, and that is why your state needs a law which will be protecting a hired workers.

No, his lawyer told him to plead guilty to a lesser charge because, if the case was pursued, he was going to lose a lot more than he did...

Why did you let him off on the "lesser charge" if what he did was so horrible? Oh, that's right. The part of the story you aren't telling us.

I try to care about your opinion of me, but I really can't.

Again, it's clear you believe there could be a set of circumstances where stealing from an employer is acceptable behavior.

Yeah, guy, you've spent two fucking weeks trying to impress me that you are so fucking awesome, that's how little you care.. .Because you are sooooo Needy.

Since you won't tell us what the circumstances were, we can tell we are only getting half the story.

What an absolutely idiotic comparison.

Then again, nothing more can be expected from an idiot...

Not at all... you gave him a company credit card. You told him to go buy shit for customers. because you won't give the key details, it kind of sound like your negligence.

You've never worked ion such an environment. You have to beg people to let you write them mediocre resumes so THEY can get real jobs...

I don't have to beg anyone... and I have also worked in Purchasing, procurement and logistics for the last 30 years, on top of my time in the Army doing supply.

Yeah, a $25 million annual budget is certainly the sign of a "dunghill" company.

I've worked for billion dollar, multi-national corporations... um, yeah, you're a dunghill. The one thing I've found. The Smaller the company, the less professional it is.

The only consequence here is the one you are forcing on Georgia, and its businesses. What gives the left the right to unilaterally decide what is right and what is wrong, and be able to use threat of force to make them comply.

It's called, being an American. Georgia is violating the civil rights of its citizens- AGAIN.

They want to act like a third world country, let's give the fuckers a third world economy.

It's called, being an American. Georgia is violating the civil rights of its citizens- AGAIN.

They want to act like a third world country, let's give the fuckers a third world economy.
1) yours is a matter of opinion, one influenced by left wing media. There are many who disagree with your characterization of the bill. Some say it doesn't do any of the things the left claims it does. So, who's right? The left? Where do they get the right to say that their version of "the truth" is the correct version?

2) so, because the senate voted on a bill you don't like, you prefer to punish the citizens of the state?

1) yours is a matter of opinion, one influenced by left wing media. There are many who disagree with your characterization of the bill. Some say it doesn't do any of the things the left claims it does. So, who's right? The left? Where do they get the right to say that their version of "the truth" is the correct version?

2) so, because the senate voted on a bill you don't like, you prefer to punish the citizens of the state?

Yup. Then they'll vote in a senate that will respect democracy.

The same people who brought you Jim Crow, Literacy Tests and Poll Taxes bring you this shit.

Okay, and that is why your state needs a law which will be protecting a hired workers.

So, you're saying that I, and those I delegate to, should not have the right to terminate someone in our company?

Why did you let him off on the "lesser charge" if what he did was so horrible? Oh, that's right. The part of the story you aren't telling us.

He ruined his life. I wouldn't have ruined it much more and, frankly, I was over it and ready to move on. A trial would've eaten up a good chunk of my time. I've got better things for me and my people to do than sit in a fucking courtroom...

Yeah, guy, you've spent two fucking weeks trying to impress me that you are so fucking awesome, that's how little you care.. .Because you are sooooo Needy.

Since you won't tell us what the circumstances were, we can tell we are only getting half the story.

You have all of the pertinent information. You're just too fucking dense to realize it.

What, in your opinion, would justify stealing thousands of dollars from an employer?

Not at all... you gave him a company credit card. You told him to go buy shit for customers. because you won't give the key details, it kind of sound like your negligence.

I bet you're the guy who blames a rape victim because she dressed provacatively.

He had a wide latitude to buy things for his customers. I had no problem with that.

The people he was buying things for were not his customers. I had an enormous problem with that.

I don't have to beg anyone... and I have also worked in Purchasing, procurement and logistics for the last 30 years, on top of my time in the Army doing supply.

You beg. You know it...

I've worked for billion dollar, multi-national corporations...

Given that you're a self admitted liar, there's not a single reason to believe that you have.

Besides, anyone who would go from working for a multi-national corporation to begging people to let you write their resumes is a loser at life...

The one thing I've found. The Smaller the company, the less professional it is.

I've never compared myself with multi-national corporations, simply because I'm not one. For you to do it only serves to show how desperate you are to "win" this discussion. I could sit here and give you the name of every single person who works for me, whether it's my CFO or the guy who cleans the bathrooms.

There's not a CEO alive, of any multi-national corporation, who can do that.

If and when my company becomes so big it would be "multi-national", I'm out. I'll sell to the highest bidder and retire (again). I'm not interested in that. I've done well for myself and I've done well by my employees. I don't "need" more that what I have, and to force more into the company would be to its detriment.

Instead, I'll live a life of leisure while sorry sots like you write a couple of resumes a week so you're able to buy yourself some ramen and maybe a hooker from time to time.

So, do yourself a favor: stop trying to making me feel bad for firing someone (clearly you wouldn't have the balls to do it) or to make it out as though my employees are afraid of me or that I'm a weak manager. None of those are true, and are nothing but figments of your apparently overactive imagination. You don't like me not only because I'm successful, but because I possess the requisite work ethic to become successful, while you don't. That's why you like unions. You can be a lazy fuck and, unless you fucking kill someone, you can keep your job...

So, you're saying that I, and those I delegate to, should not have the right to terminate someone in our company?
Well, you have this right, but we returned to our conversation about whether the boss can fire a worker if they (the boss) are in a bad mood.

In the country where I live, my boss cant fire me for saying something unpleasant to him. Well, okay, he can do that but this will require some efforts and certainly will last longer than a day or a week. And in this case I have the right to defend myself as a hired worker and even fight back using the examples if mismanagement of his part. He is a hired worker in the same way as I am.

View attachment 476078

View attachment 476079
I notice the clever use of colors on the pepsi can. In fact, I can see the ad now: an elderly, apparently poor, black woman standing in a seemingly endless voting line in HOT RELENTLESS SUN with no shade to be seen ..... when SUDDENLY a group of incredibly attractive young people of a multitude of ethnic descents APPEAR as if by MAGIC, and start handing out FREE ICE COLD cans of PEPSI

He ruined his life. I wouldn't have ruined it much more and, frankly, I was over it and ready to move on. A trial would've eaten up a good chunk of my time. I've got better things for me and my people to do than sit in a fucking courtroom...

Yet you were the one who insisted on pressing criminal charges over something where you could have simply arranged a repayment plan or wrote the expense off.

You have all of the pertinent information. You're just too fucking dense to realize it.

What, in your opinion, would justify stealing thousands of dollars from an employer?

When the employer gave him a credit card and told him to do it. You keep leaving out the "Why" of what he did.

I bet you're the guy who blames a rape victim because she dressed provacatively.

He had a wide latitude to buy things for his customers. I had no problem with that.

The people he was buying things for were not his customers. I had an enormous problem with that.

Yet they were someone you were doing business with.... so you haven't really explained WHY he went to a customer that was another sales reps.... probably because the answer makes you look bad.

Now, this is something I have seen too much. A manager who gives a direction, and when it turns to shit, finding a scapegoat. It's why I took up the habit of making sure I got everything that was even a little hinky in writing. (I actually did this when I was in the Army, when an officer directed us to do something that was in complete violation of the appropriate regulation. when it all blew up, my ass was covered. )

Besides, anyone who would go from working for a multi-national corporation to begging people to let you write their resumes is a loser at life...

Well, first, I never stopped working for MNCs. The resume writing is more of a sideline. Secondly, the main reason I do it. (I don't really have to beg anyone, they come to me, often from referrals) is because I actually enjoy it. So it kind of started out as a hobby and kind of took on a life of its own and gives me a very comfortable living.

I've never compared myself with multi-national corporations, simply because I'm not one. For you to do it only serves to show how desperate you are to "win" this discussion. I could sit here and give you the name of every single person who works for me, whether it's my CFO or the guy who cleans the bathrooms.

Or you can just say the name of the company, then I can look it up and have a good laugh at your expense.

Instead, I'll live a life of leisure while sorry sots like you write a couple of resumes a week so you're able to buy yourself some ramen and maybe a hooker from time to time.

Actually, I eat very well, thanks. I am living debt free for the first time in decades. (Compared to 12 years ago, when I got stuck with tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills after Cigna and my former employer cured me of Republican stupidity) and have squirrelled away enough to enjoy a nice retirement. I'm about to sell my house for a good profit over what I paid for it. (Again, given that Bush wrecked the housing market 12 years ago, this is an accomplishment.)

And I did it without fucking anyone over, like you seem to be so proud of.

So, do yourself a favor: stop trying to making me feel bad for firing someone (clearly you wouldn't have the balls to do it) or to make it out as though my employees are afraid of me or that I'm a weak manager. None of those are true, and are nothing but figments of your apparently overactive imagination. You don't like me not only because I'm successful, but because I possess the requisite work ethic to become successful, while you don't. That's why you like unions. You can be a lazy fuck and, unless you fucking kill someone, you can keep your job...

Okay, guy, I don't expect you to feel bad. You'd need a fucking conscience to do that.

Clearly, you are a weak manager because you give unclear instructions and you need to constantly remind people you are in charge by terrorizing them. A good leader leads by example and expertise, not by fear and terror and micromanaging.

I like unions because they protect the rights of workers and gave us a middle class.

Hint. We have something called "Labor Day" celebrating the accomplishments of unions.
We don't have something called, "Insecure boss's day" where the Office Bully tries for three weeks to convince a total stranger that's he's really, really not a bad boss, after bragging about snooping on his employees, firing them for conversations he doesn't like and ruining one person's life for bad direction.

Yet you were the one who insisted on pressing criminal charges over something where you could have simply arranged a repayment plan or wrote the expense off.

He stole from me. I'm not interested in writing that off or letting him get into a "repayment plan". How absolutely fucking stupid of you to even suggest that. He paid my company back, and it hurt him to do it.

Inasmuch as my employees enjoy great reward when the excel, so do they suffer dire consequences when they do what this shitbag did. The fact that you find little fault with him, and much more so with me as the employer, tells mne all I need to know about what sort of shtbag employee you are...

When the employer gave him a credit card and told him to do it. You keep leaving out the "Why" of what he did.

He felt he would benefit him. He put his well being above that of the company he worked for, at the company's expense...

Yet they were someone you were doing business with.... so you haven't really explained WHY he went to a customer that was another sales reps.... probably because the answer makes you look bad.

Not at all. I've explained why he did it. You just want to gory details, but you're not going to get them. You're not going to get them not because they make me look bad (they don't), but because you've proven, over and over, that you'll twist anything I say into whatever fits whatever narrative you wish to promote.

If you weren't such a piece of shit, and conducted yourself like an adult, you'd have had all the details by now...

Now, this is something I have seen too much. A manager who gives a direction, and when it turns to shit, finding a scapegoat.

Is that what you call an employee who steals from his company? A scapegoat?

Well, that's okay with me, then...

It's why I took up the habit of making sure I got everything that was even a little hinky in writing. (I actually did this when I was in the Army, when an officer directed us to do something that was in complete violation of the appropriate regulation. when it all blew up, my ass was covered. )

The employee knew the paramters under which he could use his company credit card. He knew them, and he knowingly used it outside those parameters. Why is it so fucking difficult for you to understand that?

Well, first, I never stopped working for MNCs. The resume writing is more of a sideline. Secondly, the main reason I do it. (I don't really have to beg anyone, they come to me, often from referrals) is because I actually enjoy it. So it kind of started out as a hobby and kind of took on a life of its own and gives me a very comfortable living.

You "don't really have to beg"? That tells me you beg, at least a little bit.

And "comfortable"? I'm on the front end of a six week vacation right now. I've got trustworthy people taking the helm of both my companies while I'm gone. You see being able to take the family to Safari Land as being "comfortable". That's not comfortable. That's pedestrian...

Or you can just say the name of the company, then I can look it up and have a good laugh at your expense.

Again, you might've already had that name had you not conducted yourself as a complete and utter fucking douchebag...

Actually, I eat very well, thanks. I am living debt free for the first time in decades. (Compared to 12 years ago, when I got stuck with tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills after Cigna and my former employer cured me of Republican stupidity) and have squirrelled away enough to enjoy a nice retirement. I'm about to sell my house for a good profit over what I paid for it. (Again, given that Bush wrecked the housing market 12 years ago, this is an accomplishment.)

Yeah, you blame everyone else for your problems. What a piece of shit. Nothing's ever your fault.

And those who claim to "squirrell away" enough for a nice retirement normally don't have enough for a nice retirement at all.

As for real estate, I just sold my late aunt's townhouse in New York; about an hour north of Manhattan. I accepted an offer that was $24,000 over the listing price. Why? Because Bill Di Blasio, a democrat piece of shit like you, has turned New York City into a place no one wants to live. People are moving out in droves.

Oh, and the townhouse needed $40-50K in renovations...

And I did it without fucking anyone over, like you seem to be so proud of.

Who did I fuck over?

I didn't fuck over anyone...

Okay, guy, I don't expect you to feel bad. You'd need a fucking conscience to do that.

Yeah, giving a kid money for a car, when he was in dire straits... yeah, I've got no conscience.

Fuck you, maggot...

Clearly, you are a weak manager because you give unclear instructions and you need to constantly remind people you are in charge by terrorizing them. A good leader leads by example and expertise, not by fear and terror and micromanaging.

You see holding employees to a standard of conduct as micromanaging. Well, you and I will never agree on this point...

I like unions because they protect the rights of workers and gave us a middle class.

No, you like unions because you're not a strong enough employee to hold on to a job on your own. You like unions because, left to your own devices, you've be shit-canned ina New York minute. Far more telling than me not wanting a union shop is the fact that my employees don't want it. They're treated better by me, and taken care of better by me, than they would be by a union, and they know it...

Hint. We have something called "Labor Day" celebrating the accomplishments of unions.

So what?

We don't have something called, "Insecure boss's day" where the Office Bully tries for three weeks to convince a total stranger that's he's really, really not a bad boss, after bragging about snooping on his employees, firing them for conversations he doesn't like and ruining one person's life for bad direction.

You'll be a failure at life. I grieve for you on that.

But know this: I'm not trying to convince you of anything. That would require me respecting you, which I don't, and giving a fuck about your opinion, which I also don't. I think you're nothing more than a great big piece of human feces with an internet connection.

You try to take issue with me and how I run my companies, yet I'll remind you that YOU are the one who said you lie in the course of conducting business. YOU are the one who said you conduct yourself dishonestly in a business environment. Those admissions (totally unsolicited, by the way), speak volumes about you as an employee but, even more important, it speaks volumes about you as a person.

Your taking issue with anything I've done or said is absolutely laughable. Bring me someone respectable to take issue with me and I'll listen. But a fucking liar like you? The world is better off without bags of shit like you in it...

New Topics

Forum List

Back