Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

The biggest example of right wing cancel culture were the red scares and Joe McCarthy.

Both wings are off the same bird. That is why it is best not to be a part of any wing and use your own logical thinking skills and what is best for freedom and liberty for all. All we all really want is to just be left alone and live our lives the way we want as long as we aren't hurting others.
Freedom and liberty for all is a work in progress that only exists because busybodies and agitators can't just selfishly mind their own business while others get trampled. It's messy, arbitrary, often petty but in the end these social conflicts have to happen for the operating system of society to remain strong.

Yes, after spending 4 BILLION to buy the rights to Star Wars, they didn't want some third tier actor dragging them into controversy they didn't need.

I also think it's funny that, while you seemingly support Disney for making their decision to avoid controversy, you're unwilling to accept that the NFL has treated Kaepernick in the same manner, and for the same reason...

You have to be very ignorant to think a health person will make you sick. That is a fraud so they could force the lock downs and people to wear these face diapers.

525,000 people died. This isn't a fraud.

Most people with Covid are asymptomatic. They have the germs but they aren't showing symptoms.

Wearing masks was good policy.

The Japanese had 100% mask usage. They were into wearing masks even before this started. And low and behold, they didn't have massive infections even though the virus got there earlier.

But you and Carano think this is a conspiracy to take your "Freedom"... and we have more cases than any country in the world.
Does China state that a person commits suicide, but has covid. Mark them as dying from covid? Oh well since Biden is president, they are counting covid deaths as people that die from covid. So we will soon see that we have been duped.

So we've seen a few threads on these boards about how Gina Carano was fired by Disney after she repeatedly posted racist, conspiratorial and transphobic memes on Twitter, and someone decided that she wasn't the best person to have on your Fun Space Adventure for the Whole Family. Yes, after spending 4 BILLION to buy the rights to Star Wars, they didn't want some third tier actor dragging them into controversy they didn't need.

View attachment 464341
Fun Space Adventure... Calling them "Younglings" so you don't have to say, "Killed Children"

Anyway, the Right Wing has gone apoplectic over this. How dare we punish this poor woman for merely expressing her opinion.

Of course, these were the same people who insisted that the NFL Fire Colin Kaepernick because he took a knee protesting police misconduct and killing of black people.

View attachment 464342

Eventually, he was proven right when the country exploded into riots after George Floyd was murdered. Even big corporations got in on the act.

Then there were the Dixie Chicks. Remember them? They were a country band that expressed the opinion that our war with Iraq over weapons that didn't exist was probably a bad idea. (Actually, only one of them did, but they all paid for it.

View attachment 464343

Eventually, they were proven right. Heck, you'd be hard pressed to find a Right Winger today who would argue the Iraq War was a good idea.

Then there was the grandmother of all "Cancel Culture", Jane Fonda. You remember Jane? She was the one who said our undeclared war in Vietnam was a terrible idea. Even humanized the people we were mercilessly bombing by visiting them.

View attachment 464344

Well, she was proven right. The war was a bad idea. Not that it did her any good, people still denounced her as "Hanoi Jane" and her career was pretty much over by 1980.

Point is, the Right Wing was for Cancel Culture (really, "Consequence Culture") before they were against it.

So let the right wing outrage begin!!!
All true. And we can’t forget that mother of all cancel culture events. The black list that came out of HUAC and so on and so on and shooby dooby dooby

While I don't share his beliefs, Tim Tebow was vilified by the left for kneeling in silent prayer. No more disruptive than anything Kaepernick did, the act was considered intolerant and outright disgusting by the shit-stained left.

Except nobody insisted on firing him.

Tebow knelt in an act of silent, personal prayer. Kapernick knelt in an act of public defiance. The left looked at Tebow as some sort zealot and at Kaepernick as some sort of hero. Kapernick is no hero and Tebow is no zealot, yet only the act of one of them is acceptable to the dumbfucks who inhabit the left...

Kapernick kneeled because he lives in a country where police can murder people like him, with no consequences. That's kind of a big deal.

Tebow kneeled because he thinks his Imaginary Friend in the Sky is invested in him winning a football game.

Frankly, I've always wondered about a God who really is invested in who wins a football game but could care less about starving children in Africa.

It kind of trivializes your God, doesn't it?

Tebow was ostricized but behind the scenes. Most players kneeling. Are they of two parent families? Are they of single parents? Mostly moms who had children as young teenagers. Do many have no father figures? And of those who did, did the father or father figure stay through thick and thin with the kids? There are children in areas by the time they are six or seven who profess nasty racial words towards other cultures. Someone has to teach them. But all of this is cleansed in the name of political correctness. And since there can be no improvement from this level without improving the nuclear family, the point is moot.

This isn’t complicated.

Freedom of speech does not shield one from repercussions there after.
Sadly, it isn't just freedom speech that can cost a person their popularity. Country singer LeAnn Rimes took one heck of a nosedive when she and her current husband first got together.

God bless you and her and her family always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of LeAnn)

The biggest example of right wing cancel culture were the red scares and Joe McCarthy.
Not anymore.

Today's cancel culture, led by the likes of the OP, serves to prove that you people are 100% anti-American.

It is 100% against our values that we destroy people for speaking things we disagree with. It cannot get more unAmerican.

Those are all good points but I do wonder what did Gina Carano say that you label as racist, conspiratorial and transphobic? What even is transphobic?

Irrational fear of transsexual Americans.

When did she say she was scared of trans people? Do you have any actual quotes to support your wild claims?

Tebow kneeled because he thinks his Imaginary Friend in the Sky is invested in him winning a football game.

Here's the difference between you and me:

I do not believe in God. I can allow for the possibility of some "higher power", but I suspect I'll go to my grave never knowing who or what that is. I don't begrudge anyone their religious beliefs. I'm intelligent enough to understand that faith plays a large role in the lives of many, and that's perfectly okay. Why would I have a problem with that?

You, on the other hand, are so juvenile and immature that you can't even allow yourself to respect the fact that someone believes differently than you and, as a result, you mock them.

You're nothing but an ignorant child...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I've been telling Joe he's an ignorant dumbass for over a year now and it's for just such crap he's been saying in this discussion.

So we've seen a few threads on these boards about how Gina Carano was fired by Disney after she repeatedly posted racist, conspiratorial and transphobic memes on Twitter, and someone decided that she wasn't the best person to have on your Fun Space Adventure for the Whole Family. Yes, after spending 4 BILLION to buy the rights to Star Wars, they didn't want some third tier actor dragging them into controversy they didn't need.

View attachment 464341
Fun Space Adventure... Calling them "Younglings" so you don't have to say, "Killed Children"

Anyway, the Right Wing has gone apoplectic over this. How dare we punish this poor woman for merely expressing her opinion.

Of course, these were the same people who insisted that the NFL Fire Colin Kaepernick because he took a knee protesting police misconduct and killing of black people.

View attachment 464342

Eventually, he was proven right when the country exploded into riots after George Floyd was murdered. Even big corporations got in on the act.

Then there were the Dixie Chicks. Remember them? They were a country band that expressed the opinion that our war with Iraq over weapons that didn't exist was probably a bad idea. (Actually, only one of them did, but they all paid for it.

View attachment 464343

Eventually, they were proven right. Heck, you'd be hard pressed to find a Right Winger today who would argue the Iraq War was a good idea.

Then there was the grandmother of all "Cancel Culture", Jane Fonda. You remember Jane? She was the one who said our undeclared war in Vietnam was a terrible idea. Even humanized the people we were mercilessly bombing by visiting them.

View attachment 464344

Well, she was proven right. The war was a bad idea. Not that it did her any good, people still denounced her as "Hanoi Jane" and her career was pretty much over by 1980.

Point is, the Right Wing was for Cancel Culture (really, "Consequence Culture") before they were against it.

There you go.....proof that the only thing breathing in months of facediaper CO2 accomplishes is the melting of brain cells. You libbers are nuts.

View attachment 464341

View attachment 464342

View attachment 464343

View attachment 464344

So you had to give this "Consequence Culture" thing its own discussion? Jesus please us.

I told you in the other discussion (what discussion? Ha Ha) that this ploy can and will work against you as much as it does for you. Be prepared to have this ploy thrown back in your face.

Sure they did. I personally know several little bitches on the left who felt he should not be allowed to put his faith on display as he did, and that he should be removed from the roster...

Okay... so did that have any real effect? Um. No. People got Kap fired.

I won't speak to what someone's God is invested in. I will, however, say that this has nothing to do with what God is invested in and everything to do with what Kaepernick and Tebow were invested in...

I agree. Kap was addressing a real, honest to God (pun intended) problem. Tebow was trying to waive his faith around and stick it in everyone's face.

Man, I just love dipshit idiots like you.

I don't have a God, dumbass. I'm Agnostic. But ignorant little nippleheads like you will jump to such a conclusion simply because I choose to come down more in support of someone who kneels in prayer as opposed to the little whining bitch who kneels in protest.

Again, I could see someone who actually believes in a Magic Sky Fairy being offended by Tebow. Who wins a football game is trivial... in the "cosmic" scheme of things. But of all the things to pray for, you know instead of World Peace or a Cure for Cancer, he prays for winning a football game.

Here's the difference between you and me:

I do not believe in God. I can allow for the possibility of some "higher power", but I suspect I'll go to my grave never knowing who or what that is. I don't begrudge anyone their religious beliefs. I'm intelligent enough to understand that faith plays a large role in the lives of many, and that's perfectly okay. Why would I have a problem with that?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because religion is used by those in power to keep people complacent instead of demanding needed change.

You, on the other hand, are so juvenile and immature that you can't even allow yourself to respect the fact that someone believes differently than you and, as a result, you mock them.

You're nothing but an ignorant child...

I mock them because their beliefs are silly.

So you had to give this "Consequence Culture" thing its own discussion? Jesus please us.

I told you in the other discussion (what discussion? Ha Ha) that this ploy can and will work against you as much as it does for you. Be prepared to have this ploy thrown back in your face.

As pointed out, you guys have been doing this for years.... you are just unhappy it is now being thrown back in your face.

I also think it's funny that, while you seemingly support Disney for making their decision to avoid controversy, you're unwilling to accept that the NFL has treated Kaepernick in the same manner, and for the same reason...

The problem is, we DID need the controversy that Kapernick was stirring up. We needed to have addressed police brutality and misconduct YEARS ago. Instead, we let it fester until it exploded last year.

Not anymore.

Today's cancel culture, led by the likes of the OP, serves to prove that you people are 100% anti-American.

It is 100% against our values that we destroy people for speaking things we disagree with. It cannot get more unAmerican.

yet that is EXACTLY what you guys did with Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda.

And you guys kept punishing them even after they were more or less vindicated by events.

As pointed out, you guys have been doing this for years.... you are just unhappy it is now being thrown back in your face.

Again, who is "you guys"?

And again, tell us why you think Carano's tweet was antisemitic. From there maybe we can see if it is justifiably being "thrown back in our faces". If you can give a reasoned argument as to why it was antisemitic, maybe you have a point. But if you can't or won't, then I have no recourse but to continue seeing Carano's case as bullshit and wokeness on overload.

What do you say? Or are you going to continue running from the question?

Again, who is "you guys"?

And again, tell us why you think Carano's tweet was antisemitic. From there maybe we can see if it is justifiably being "thrown back in our faces". If you can give a reasoned argument as to why it was antisemitic, maybe you have a point. But if you can't or won't, then I have no recourse but to continue seeing Carano's case as bullshit and wokeness on overload.

What do you say? Or are you going to continue running from the question?

Nope, still not playing that game with you. your gaslighting is tiresome.

Disney found it offensive enough to finally fire her.

While I don't share his beliefs, Tim Tebow was vilified by the left for kneeling in silent prayer. No more disruptive than anything Kaepernick did, the act was considered intolerant and outright disgusting by the shit-stained left.

Except nobody insisted on firing him.

Tebow knelt in an act of silent, personal prayer. Kapernick knelt in an act of public defiance. The left looked at Tebow as some sort zealot and at Kaepernick as some sort of hero. Kapernick is no hero and Tebow is no zealot, yet only the act of one of them is acceptable to the dumbfucks who inhabit the left...

Kapernick kneeled because he lives in a country where police can murder people like him, with no consequences. That's kind of a big deal.

Frankly, I've always wondered about a God who really is invested in who wins a football game but could care less about starving children in Africa.

It kind of trivializes your God, doesn't it?

How many times does your ignorant ass have to be told that the no talent bitch Kraperlimpdick was only crying because the team told him he wasn’t going to start. As revealed by his teammates who thought him a crybaby. Here’s an idea. Leave the country. Nobody will miss you.

Forum List

Back