Congressman cancells health care Speech.

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Oct 21, 2009
Extreme East Ohio
YOUNGSTOWN - An event that had U.S. Rep. Timothy J. Ryan set to discuss how the health care overhaul will affect residents in Trumbull and Mahoning counties was canceled Tuesday over concern for the congressman's safety.

''It was an issue of security,'' Ryan spokeswoman Heather McMahon said. ''We expected security to be there that was not there. Very serious threats have been made against members of Congress.

''A, we couldn't put him in that position, and B, we couldn't allow for the disruption at the clinic to be that great,'' McMahon said.
Ryan cancels event - TribToday.com - News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Tribune Chronicle - Warren, OH

The real deal is told on local blogs. Seems like there were about a dozen protesters at this rally. Sorry Tim Ryan, whose office told me 3 years ago (about health care) "Expect to Lose" I hope you expect to lose in November.

The local boards thread ... Tim Ryan Cancels Health Care Speech due to 12 Protesters

from your local board thread, just for fun:

If I didn't have class, I probably would have been there.

I missed that, must have been irishbobcat. I went and looked and it wasn't him But from the same poster since you want to talk about fun...

"It is not inappropriate to protest Steve. Hell, even the Chief Operations Officer of the clinic was out there protesting Tim Ryan."

Last edited:

I missed that, must have been irishbobcat. I went and looked and it wasn't him But from the same poster since you want to talk about fun...

"It is not inappropriate to protest Steve. Hell, even the Chief Operations Officer of the clinic was out there protesting Tim Ryan."

nah, it is the first reply and i posted it because of the funny double meaning.

you should try to get this politician to hold his speech in the safe venue as promised by next week. if he does not he just ran away. and then you can tea bag him :lol:
but in this current situation i would not blame his handlers for being concerned about security issues.

nah, it is the first reply and i posted it because of the funny double meaning.

you should try to get this politician to hold his speech in the safe venue as promised by next week. if he does not he just ran away. and then you can tea bag him :lol:
but in this current situation i would not blame his handlers for being concerned about security issues.

I have been trying to get an appointment with this clown for 3 years. His people won't let me speak with him even on the phone. I have a serious "hole" where some Military retirees families have gone without health insurance for 6 months. It can be fixed with one sentence in any health care or military Bill. They can't understand it or why it needs fixed. So I can only judge this fool by the way his clowns act.

I have now started an American Legion Resolution which should get to the ears of congress by sometime next year. This character has his head so far up Pelosi's ass that he couldn't have been hurt by 12 protesters.

Just wondering, if this guy loses the election does that mean he got off easy? I mean, being voted out as opposed to his car's ignition drastically malfunctioning. Or do I have a false image of Youngstown?

Beam me up Scotty.

Just wondering, if this guy loses the election does that mean he got off easy? I mean, being voted out as opposed to his car's ignition drastically malfunctioning. Or do I have a false image of Youngstown?

Beam me up Scotty.

You know a little of YTowns history. But chances of a Democrat losing here is rare these days. His biggest challenge may be in the Primaries. There is one Dem who is more conservative that I might even vote for.

And no, they have fixed the "ignition Problem". these days you just go missing for a few days and show up with a few extra ounces of lead.

he should RESIGN if he is so friggen scared of meeting with his constituents.

Forum List

Back