Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell'

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) — Georgia Rep. Paul Broun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are ‘‘lies straight from the pit of hell’’ meant to convince people that they do not need a savior.

The Republican lawmaker made those comments during a speech Sept. 27 at a sportsman’s banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell. Broun, a medical doctor, is running for re-election in November unopposed by Democrats.

‘‘God’s word is true,’’ Broun said, according to a video posted on the church’s website. ‘‘I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior.’

Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell' - News - Boston.com

:eusa_eh:

In even worse news... Barack Obama is your candidate for President.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) — Georgia Rep. Paul Broun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are ‘‘lies straight from the pit of hell’’ meant to convince people that they do not need a savior.

The Republican lawmaker made those comments during a speech Sept. 27 at a sportsman’s banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell. Broun, a medical doctor, is running for re-election in November unopposed by Democrats.

‘‘God’s word is true,’’ Broun said, according to a video posted on the church’s website. ‘‘I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior.’

Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell' - News - Boston.com

:eusa_eh:

What Santorum said.

15lvf.gif

Republicans don't believe in evolution, global warming, or the presidency of George W. Bush.

New Topics

Forum List

Back