What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell'

del

Diamond Member
Reaction score
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) — Georgia Rep. Paul Broun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are ‘‘lies straight from the pit of hell’’ meant to convince people that they do not need a savior.

The Republican lawmaker made those comments during a speech Sept. 27 at a sportsman’s banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell. Broun, a medical doctor, is running for re-election in November unopposed by Democrats.

‘‘God’s word is true,’’ Broun said, according to a video posted on the church’s website. ‘‘I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior.’

Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell' - News - Boston.com

:eusa_eh:

Leweman

Gold Member
Reaction score
In even worse news... Barack Obama is your candidate for President.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
R

rdean

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) — Georgia Rep. Paul Broun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are ‘‘lies straight from the pit of hell’’ meant to convince people that they do not need a savior.

The Republican lawmaker made those comments during a speech Sept. 27 at a sportsman’s banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell. Broun, a medical doctor, is running for re-election in November unopposed by Democrats.

‘‘God’s word is true,’’ Broun said, according to a video posted on the church’s website. ‘‘I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior.’

Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell' - News - Boston.com

:eusa_eh:

What Santorum said.

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
Reaction score
15lvf.gif

Chris

Gold Member
Reaction score
Republicans don't believe in evolution, global warming, or the presidency of George W. Bush.

Chris

Gold Member
Reaction score
Republicans don't believe in evolution, global warming, or the presidency of George W. Bush.

I believe in Evolution and Global warming. Now do I think we're going to warm 4c by 2100? Nah. :eusa_boohoo:

Well, the presidency of Bush was real.

The boys at MIT disagree with you.

I put my money on them.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$191.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List