Congress...why no budget?

Here's a theory:

Tax receipts are so far below projections, they want to avoid having to deal with the worsening deficit. They'll still spend money without a budget.

December 08, 2006|By Edward Epstein, Chronicle Washington Bureau(12-08) 04:00 PST Washington — 2006-12-08 04:00:00 PST Washington -- The 109th Congress is packing its bags for good and leaving town today without enacting nine of the 11 appropriations bills that pay for the federal government. It's a development that has infuriated Democrats, who will have to carry the additional burden of enacting the spending bills when they take control in January, and has left Republicans red-faced.

December 08, 2006|By Edward Epstein, Chronicle Washington Bureau(12-08) 04:00 PST Washington — 2006-12-08 04:00:00 PST Washington -- The 109th Congress is packing its bags for good and leaving town today without enacting nine of the 11 appropriations bills that pay for the federal government. It's a development that has infuriated Democrats, who will have to carry the additional burden of enacting the spending bills when they take control in January, and has left Republicans red-faced.

OOOOOOOOPS...take that back...you're still computer illiterate and don't know how to google.

So why were you people all unconcerned when the Rs NEVER even finished their budget after crashing the world economy?

They left it for the new Dem congress to do.

Everyday that passes I see more proof that these people in Washington D.C. totally f'd up. I for one am hoping someone with some brains starts being a leader in that town and pulls their 'chit' together again. So far I don't see that many possibilities which could put nails in the coffins of a lot of Americans.

Somehow we have to get Obama and his team of nitwits 'outa' there before they do anymore damage (not gonna happen), holy crap, no wonder I can hear the clapping of our enemies hands in my sleep. Someone got a Red Star for Obama's hat? In fact buy a few hundred hats with red stars seems he has a lot of friends in D.C. and.......... elsewhere.

Do I sound frustrated, you damn right I am, calls to my representatives? Might as well be hollering into a dry well, the few that do listen,they can't do squat against the regiem in Washington. Seems not many are listening to the American people any longer in D.C.

So why were you people all unconcerned when the Rs NEVER even finished their budget after crashing the world economy?

We were concerned...go back 4 years and read the posts here....bye bye.

Ohhh, someone is scurrying away real fast...Careful PP, I think that snake is slithering right alongside you.

:lol:
I have anti-venom...lot's of anti-venom.

Let's hope the feet-of-clay republicans grow a pair for the continuing resolution fight on the horizon.

I ain't holding my breath, though.

Meh.....The only decision they need to make is who is gonna to turn off the lights, and lock the door on RNC headquarters.

Were you concerned then?? Are you concerned now??

I was pissed we paid them to do it and then they left it for the opposition party to finish their work.

Not one con I talked to at the time would even comment on the fact.

Now you are all of the sudden concerned becausse the dems didnt get it done at this date.

The Rs have BLOCKED everything they can.

This congress has had to do SOOOO much that the Rs left them to do while fighting the Rs who are left trying to keep them from getting anything done.

I was pissed we paid them to do it and then they left it for the opposition party to finish their work.

Now you are all of the sudden concerned becausse the dems didnt get it done at this date.

This congress has had to do SOOOO much that the Rs left them to do while fighting the Rs who are left trying to keep them from getting anything done.

So is that a "yes" or "no" to the second question?? It sounds like you're comfortable to just give them a pass because the work is just so darn hard. I guess that's why they get paid the big bucks.

There you go again...lying through your tooth and flapping your gums with ZERO proof and ZERO credibility. What the hell happened to people like you to cause you to be such a wellspring of lies, mistruths and outright stupidity?

Forum List

Back