Congress....? Who needs it??

This is actually pretty scary. Jesse Jackson Jr. thinks he should declare a National Emergency so he can bypass Congress and the Constitution.

<snip>

Illinois Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. told The Daily Caller on Wednesday that congressional opposition to the American Jobs Act is akin to the Confederate &#8220;states in rebellion.&#8221;

Jackson called for full government employment of the 15 million unemployed and said that Obama should &#8220;declare a national emergency&#8221; and take &#8220;extra-constitutional&#8221; action &#8220;administratively&#8221; &#8212; without the approval of Congress &#8212; to tackle unemployment.

&#8220;I hope the president continues to exercise extraordinary constitutional means, based on the history of Congresses that have been in rebellion in the past,&#8221; Jackson said. &#8220;He&#8217;s looking administratively for ways to advance the causes of the American people, because this Congress is completely dysfunctional.&#8221;

<snip>

&#8220;We&#8217;ve got to go further. I support what [Obama] does. Clearly, Republicans are not going to be for it but if the administration can handle administratively what can be done, we should pursue it. And if there are extra-constitutional opportunities that allow the president administratively to put the people to work, he should pursue every single one of them,&#8221; Jackson suggested.

Jesse Jackson Jr. | Congress in Rebellion | Unemployment | The Daily Caller

I do hope the people that voted Congress in will see what they have done and vote them out. It is an absolute disgrace the way they have conducted themselves. Holding the country hostage, so that Obama have the chance to help those in great need.

I do hope the people that voted Congress in will see what they have done and vote them out. It is an absolute disgrace the way they have conducted themselves. Holding the country hostage, so that Obama have the chance to help those in great need.

Congress is doing the job they were elected to do. Don't forget Congress includes the Senate that has just voted against this horrible bill. The Senate has a Democrat majority. His own party sees this thing is awful.

The more power we give one branch of government, the more our Constitution is being trampled. Our form of Government was designed the way it is to prevent one branch from controlling everything. It's called Separation of Power.

Do you know how many branches there are??

The Bastards

Can you imagine wanting fiscal responsibility and accountability.

Well I say no way vote democrat we can double the national debt with one more term.

The President (and a lot of Congress for that matter) just don't get it. They're still trying to spend their way out of debt and out of a recession. If they were really serious about this, they would write a jobs bill that takes a blow torch the federal budget. They need to stop thinking in terms of cutting the budgets of various departments and start cutting out entire departments.

Has he forgotten there are 3 branches of government?

He hasn't. You have. All he's saying here is that his cabinet and staff should find everything they can do that they already have Congressional authorization to do, and do it. There is nothing wrong with that.

Forum List

Back