Congress approves historic health care legislation

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Historic.

forget the partisan threads about what it all means. Especially from all of us who have not read the bill.

This is a historic moment: rad all about it.

Congress approves historic health care legislation | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

By DAVID ESPO AP Special Correspondent © 2010 The Associated Press
March 21, 2010, 9:38PM

WASHINGTON — The Democratic-controlled Congress has approved historic legislation extending health care to tens of millions of Americans who lack it and cracking down on insurance company abuses.

The vote in the House was 219-212. Republicans were unanimously opposed. The bill now goes to President Barack Obama for his signature.

The action late Sunday capped a yearlong quest by Obama and Democrats to overhaul the system and reshape a sixth of the economy.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

"We will be joining those who established Social Security, Medicare and now, tonight, health care for all Americans," said Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., as the vote neared.

---

Rep. Louise Slaughter of New York read a message President Franklin Roosevelt sent Congress in 1939 urging lawmakers to address the needs of those without health care, and said Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Richard Nixon had also sought to broaden insurance coverage.

Congress approves historic health care legislation | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

a link to the story as opposed to a whine or hoot-n-holler...

read all about it!

Last edited:
Yep. It's historic. It's going to be even more historic when those 37 States that have already lined up to send this crap to the Supreme Court get their say before the folks who are supposed to up hold the Constitution. I think Congress has problems reading long documents - especially the Constitution.

Yep. It's historic. It's going to be even more historic when those 37 States that have already lined up to send this crap to the Supreme Court get their say before the folks who are supposed to up hold the Constitution. I think Congress has problems reading long documents - especially the Constitution.

Congress made history today.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healthcare-insurance-govt-healthcare/110164-congress-approves-historic-health-care-legislation.html

I remember when Cons were against frivolous lawsuits ... tort reform and all that.

I remember when Cons were against frivolous lawsuits ... tort reform and all that.

I remember when they thought only John Kerry was for something before he was against it.

:lol:

Nothing frivolous about challenging the Constitutionality of a retarded law.

Nothing frivolous about challenging the Constitutionality of a retarded law.

Want to talk about retarded? Watch and listen to the GOP spin on this bill.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Historic.

For once, I agree with you. This is historic. Not in the way you are thinking, but it is historic nonetheless.

forget the partisan threads about what it all means. Especially from all of us who have not read the bill.

You're happy about a bill you haven't read? You are happy that Congress passed it without reading it?

You are one person that no sane person will ever understand.

So you are stating that the Federal Government violating the Constitution is a frivolous matter?

You do understand that we now live in a totalitarian state because we have ignored it don't you?

Forum List

Back