Congratulations to Trump for Managing the COVID19 Crisis....so far

Viruses spread fastest in the largest cities. They pay no attention to political prefaces. It's population density that is important. The fact that most large cities vote democrat is irrelevant. Red states such as Montana, Wyoming, North and South Dakota will never have large numbers of case because the cities and towns are smaller, less dense and far more isolated than the large democratic cities on the east and west coast.
You do know that Texas, a deep red state with three of the top ten cities by municipal population, and two of the top four greater ecconomic zones are all Republican and NOT having a huge problem with COVID19, right?
Currently, there are 16 reported cases in Texas. A dozen of those cases were reported in the Houston area. Another case was reported in Gregg County in East Texas. Just a few weeks ago there were none. Two Texas school districts are closing schools. Frankly, I really don't think the virus gives a damn about how people vote. Correlation and cause and effect are not the same.

This is going to be a pattern in all states as the virus spreads, school closings, people working from home, cancellation of public events, etc and in some places strict mandatory
quarantines.

Washington was one of the first state hit with the virus and thus is ahead of most states. Most state universities here are closed indefinitely. All Seattle public schools have closed for two weeks. Amazon has 30,000 people working at home. Other large businesses such as Microsoft is doing the same. The downtown section on weekdays looks like Sunday morning. The governor announced the cancellation of all meetings over 250 people which includes sporting events, conferences, business meeting, conventions, concerts, etc. I just got a notice that a conference I was scheduled to attend in DC has just been cancelled.

Last edited:
This is Trumps opportunity to shine.

Show us how a real leader acts in a crisis.
So far, he is absent
President Obama shined at this time every year. He picked his teams for the NCAA March Madness Basketball tournament. He's just one of the peasants.

Trumps initial response was to spread misinformation and downplay the threat of the virus.

Republicans and RW media jumped in to make jokes and blame the democrats for trying to create a crisis where none exists.

Currently, there are 16 reported cases in Texas. A dozen of those cases were reported in the Houston area. Another case was reported in Gregg County in East Texas. Just a few weeks ago there were none. Two Texas school districts are closing schools. Frankly, I really don't think the virus gives a damn about how people vote. Correlation and cause and effect are not the same.

This is going to be a pattern in all states as the virus spreads, school closings, people working from home, cancellation of public events, etc and in some places strict mandatory
quarantines.

Washington was one of the first state hit with the virus and thus is ahead of most states. Most state universities here are closed indefinitely. All Seattle public schools have closed for two weeks. Amazon has 30,000 people working at home. Other large businesses such as Microsoft is doing the same. The downtown section on weekdays looks like Sunday morning. The governor announced the cancellation of all meetings over 250 people which includes sporting events, conferences, business meeting, conventions, concerts, etc. I just got a notice that a conference I was scheduled to attend in DC has just been cancelled.

All this is like closing the barn door after the horses got out.

This thing is well into the common communities now and will run full course. No containing it now, IMO.

quarantines.

This thing is well into the common communities now and will run full course. No containing it now, IMO.

Since you quite obviously are perfectly clueless, why don't you just up and stop spreading disinformation?

Of course, all these actions need to be taken, and probably many more, so as to slow down the spread. Without that, physicians, clinics, hospitals would be so overloaded with cases as to be incapable of managing them. Catastrophically overworked nurses and physicians are a danger to patients, and, not least, to themselves.

Whatever you need to do - in doubt, crazy glue your hands to your knees - just do it to keep yourself from exposing your idiocy and your belligerent ignorance any more than you already have.

Last edited:

quarantines.

That is not what our President told us

Trumps initial response was to spread misinformation and downplay the threat of the virus.

Republicans and RW media jumped in to make jokes and blame the democrats for trying to create a crisis where none exists.
If Trump really wanted to shine, he would consider acting just a bit presidential, by first canceling his rallies which would reduce the spread of the virus. Then he would concentrate his efforts on eradicating the virus which is a lot more important than buying votes with tax cuts. Finally, he would coordinate his tweets with the CDC and HHS to stop the conflicting messages coming out of the administration.

Yes, I know Mr. President this stuff is not as much fun as attacking democrats and promising tax cuts to the chant of Trump, Trump, Trump or the crafting of Tweet attacks on your enemies, but that is exactly what being a real president is all about; putting the country first. The country disparately needs leadership, not ideas, hunches, or a commentary.

Last edited:
The CDC's Budget Is Larger Now than Under Obama

This is how the budget process in Washington begins.

Step one: the president submits his budget to Congress.

Step two: Congress puts the President's budget in a drawer somewhere and forgets about it.

Step three: Congress passes a budget it likes instead.

This reality, however, has been conveniently ignored in recent weeks as some pundits and politicians have claimed Donald Trump "gutted the CDC."

Trump has been busy "slashing the government agencies" that combat disease control, one headline reads. Another claims"the Trump administration has spent the last two years gutting critical positions and programs that ....weakened the federal government's ability to manage a health crisis."

Well, it's possible there is a federal program out there somewhere that Donald Trump "gutted," but the CDC isn't one of them.

This is largely because Congress ignored the administration's budget request and increased the CDC's budget from 2017 to 2018, and again from 2019 to 2020. Trump didn't object. As ABC news reports:

All of Trump’s budget proposals have called for cuts to CDC funding, but Congress has intervened each time by passing spending bills with year-over-year increases for the CDC that Trump then signed into law."

Nevertheless, leftists of all stripes that used the imaginary "gutting" to claim both that Trump is a fool, and that the reason the CDC hasn't handled the COVI-19 outbreak with flying colors is because its budget has been "gutted," "slashed," and "depleted."

But here's the reality: the CDC's budget is now more than seven percent larger than it was under President Obama's last two budgets.

That is, the actual enacted program budget for the CDC in 2016 and 2017 were both under $7.2 billion. But for 2020, the budget Congress actually adopted — i.e., not the recommendation from the White House — is nearly $7.7 billion.

cdcbud1.png

Forum List

Back