Congratulations on another successful effort to remove humans from the work force

Where's Snake Plissken when you need him... To save the world.
Screenshot_20211024-122405_Google.jpg

It would have been cool to have lived during the time when everyone gets a check to stay home and not have to work.

It will take awhile to fully automate everything but to not have to work? That would have been great.

That's an abnormal and dysfunction of all species, and probably a good reason we've dumbed down so far and inflated so big with fat.

Sound like progress, anyone?

Right-wingers keep proving they have no understanding of economics or equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.

It's fun to say stupid crap huh? A very important piece of the progressive make-up

We dont need unemployment compensation, we need people to get their ass to work and earn their money instead of sitting around wanting handouts. We have a major labor shortage in this country, there is no excuse for anyone to expect unemployment.

A restaurant near me has a greeter that seats people and such, he has worked there 20 years and is wheelchair bound. If he can work then anyone else can. There is a place called redwood near me where its a place for mentally handicapped people, they have an entire room for retarded adults where they work doing things like proof checking returns for wayfair and other companies. They have a communal room where they can watch tv, socialize, the school gives them lunch and they get paid to do a job and they love it because they get to have a purpose and earn some money and feel like they are contributing.

Thats why things are a bit fucked up right now because we have an entire generation of "woah is me" ambitionless, selfish, self centered, lazy and weak people who dont want to actually earn anything. They expect everything. They expect to get paid for skills and knowledge they do not have. They dont want to get an education, they dont want to put in time at a job where they can get promoted, all they want is everything right now.

Me? Ive had a lot of jobs, I have a nursing degree and I have a lot of knowledge. But where I work now I am a building engineer and I earn good money, I started as a maintenance man making crap money plunging toilets, changing light bulbs, painting and doing manual labor. I did that for 9 years and by the end I was working with the health department, fire department for inspections, ordering supplies, calling contractors, and working on 150,000 dollar chillers because I stuck with it and I learned. Then I left that crappy job for one I am now where they more than doubled my previous pay and I make 30k more a year than I did as a nurse. And all it took was time, a willingness to work and learn, and a desire to make more money because I never went to school to be a building engineer but my experience and knowledge is what got me a very good paying job at a place where I am treated well.

No one deserves a good job or good pay, its something you earn. The only thing people deserve is the chance for it, but they have to earn that chance first.

FUCK YEAH.....I've had about 60-70 positions no lie. All kinds of trash too, few things are more exciting than processing dirty linen, corrections, freezing your fucking ass off in dry freezers maintained as -25 for 5-6 hours with no breaks. I loved cleaning up horse pens though, for real, few things better than ranch work. Worked my tail off early 20s washing cars and LOVED IT. 180 in a day once, by myself, just a hose, soap and brush on a stick. The beautiful 80s when we were still normal.

Somehow today we have this weird fucking notion that you can achieve something and a work ethic too if it's handed to you.

Forum List

Back