Congratulation President Elect Trump!

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I wasn't a Trump supporter, as you all realize, but I accept the verdict from the voters and wish him well. The speech he gave upon winning was well thought out and delivered with class.

I congratulate President elect Trump and his supporters. He won fair and square and deserves the win.

The concern I have about the next 4 years is what will happen to the economy if he actually does what he said he would do. Let me give you examples:

-45% tariff on Chinese imports
DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THIS WOULD DO TO INFLATION? It would be double digit and rising. As I look at retirement in the coming months, the prospect of a trade war is very scary.

-Tax Cuts that are unfunded
Do we really need to double or triple the national deficit, just to fulfill a campaign promise?

-Immigration Policy
His deportation force is a dream that will never happen. His tax cuts will take away funding for this or any other initiative

-Health Care
He really does not have a plan. His plan is to initiate health care savings accounts that are tax free. It is an old GOP standard that will not work. Granted, Obamacare needs to be reworked, but NOT repealed. Throwing 25 million people out of health insurance is not an option. I expect he will realize it.

Last edited:
1. Trump supports the GOP House plan to revise Obamacare.
2. Immigration policy will happen with real enforcement using e-verify and unleashing the Border Guards.
3. Tax cuts usually pay for themselves via growth, I hope he adds a transaction tax to hammer high frequency traders
4. All tariffs do is make imports more expensive than domestic products, we need to do something ton help US manufacturers.

Forum List

Back