CONFIRMED: Allergies are psychological and can be cured through thoughts alone - the brain has direct control over allergies and the immune system

Cla234

Sep 15, 2022
Just read about Pavlovian conditioning, hypnosis, and the immune system/allergies on NIH and ResearchGate. Got several recent hits from different authors all discussing the same topic. The papers from ResearchGate and NIH are saying that hypnotising, or Pavlovian conditioning someone actually results in the immune system no longer creating antibodies against an allergen, and also the reverse. It's saying that thoughts alone are causing actual, objective and measurable changes in the immune system, something which should not be possible.

This is proof that the brain has direct control over allergies and the immune system

This is different to the idea that allergies can perhaps be worsened by stress. Instead they're claiming that thoughts alone can cause an objective allergy to disappear (or appear). For example if a person is conditioned into thinking about producing antibodies to egg protein, their body will actually produce antibodies to egg protein, causing them to actually be allergic to eggs.

The reverse is true, and if a person is Pavlovian conditioned into stopping the antibody production, the antibody production will stop and they will no longer be allergic to eggs, for instance.

The brain is very powerful, and there's so much we don't know.

th

Link?????

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Interesting- explains how so many people are turning up with allergies to cigarette smoke and gluten in the modern age. Its just mass psychosis. After all, if they had such an allergy in previous eras, they would have died at a young age.

Just read about Pavlovian conditioning, hypnosis, and the immune system/allergies on NIH and ResearchGate. Got several recent hits from different authors all discussing the same topic. The papers from ResearchGate and NIH are saying that hypnotising, or Pavlovian conditioning someone actually results in the immune system no longer creating antibodies against an allergen, and also the reverse. It's saying that thoughts alone are causing actual, objective and measurable changes in the immune system, something which should not be possible.

This is proof that the brain has direct control over allergies and the immune system

This is different to the idea that allergies can perhaps be worsened by stress. Instead they're claiming that thoughts alone can cause an objective allergy to disappear (or appear). For example if a person is conditioned into thinking about producing antibodies to egg protein, their body will actually produce antibodies to egg protein, causing them to actually be allergic to eggs.

The reverse is true, and if a person is Pavlovian conditioned into stopping the antibody production, the antibody production will stop and they will no longer be allergic to eggs, for instance.

Another post that has been put in the wrong forum! This belongs in HUMOR.

I did once read 'somewhere' that allergies are an emotional response. That in effect, if you are under emotional stress, the body then reacts to certain triggers. Your stress, your body, your triggers.......so each one could be very different from others.

And IMO, so are many cancers that develop, as well as other illnesses. As for gluten and other food allergies, I think much of that comes from how the grains are grown. Chemical pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, etc. that in some people with a lower tolerance for those components become allergic, or get cancer (which is also an immune response)

Shame that comment does not express the view that many and possibly most allergies stem from such outlined ways.
Not all .
That is now 100% supportable , imho.

Increasingly research is demonstrating the part played by the mind in so many illnesses and diseases in terms of cause ,prevention and even cure .

Hats off , again , to Chinese medicine that in so many areas still seems to be far more advanced than the Western way of curing ( only for and by money) rather than prevention in addition to different treatments for different people .

Shame that comment does not express the view that many and possibly most allergies stem from such outlined ways.
Not all .
That is now 100% supportable , imho.

Increasingly research is demonstrating the part played by the mind in so many illnesses and diseases in terms of cause ,prevention and even cure .

Hats off , again , to Chinese medicine that in so many areas still seems to be far more advanced than the Western way of curing ( only for and by money) rather than prevention in addition to different treatments for different people .

So, tell me exactly HOW my brain KNOWS what I'm allergic to, BEFORE I ever come in contact with it or develop symptoms because of it!!!

BS!!!

So, tell me exactly HOW my brain KNOWS what I'm allergic to, BEFORE I ever come in contact with it or develop symptoms because of it!!!

BS!!!

It doesn't......but the state of mind does play a role in how your immune system works.....thereby becoming allergic (or other physical reaction) to something your body is vulnerable too.

I developed an allergy to shellfish at a young age. My grandmother almost died from consuming it.
Didn't eat it for years, but then in my twenties worked in restaurants and handled tons of shellfish.
Decided at one point, what the hell and tried some. No reaction.
I now eat it freely with no worries as an adult.
All I can think is the constant handling of it at work, I developed an immunity to it.

I developed an allergy to shellfish at a young age. My grandmother almost died from consuming it.
Didn't eat it for years, but then in my twenties worked in restaurants and handled tons of shellfish.
Decided at one point, what the hell and tried some. No reaction.
I now eat it freely with no worries as an adult.
All I can think is the constant handling of it at work, I developed an immunity to it.

When I was a kid I was allergic to everything......rubbing alcohol, house paint, mowing the lawn, soaps, perfumes, acidic foods, starch in raw potatoes, etc until I got married and had my firstborn......then nothing.

My second born son had an anaphylactic reaction to a honey bee sting, one time........not yellow jackets, not mud daubers or hornets or wasps, but honey bees. He then got on a honey kick and ate it on everything, that sometimes was pretty gross to me anyway BUT he's not had a reaction since.

Odd how some things work themselves out that way.

My first reaction is OP is colossal BS'er. Allergies are still real even if you can convince yourself you don't have one.

It's not that allergies aren't real, but the brains effects on the immune system that can cause allergies.

Since no link was included in the OP, I did find this........

and if you follow the DOI near the top, you get this......

I would never counsel anybody to test this theory. Yes the mind can affect our health to a great extent, but I know too many people who were unknowingly exposed to things they are allergic to and had dangerous reactions. Then again a large percentage of common allergies seem to be assumed by people who actually aren't allergic to things at all.

It is interesting that allergies were generally not in the medical books until the 20th Century. Are they now generated by contamination of the food supply, artificial ingredients, or such? I don't know. I do know things I used to think I was allergic to do not bother me now. Did I outgrow them? Or just come to understand they were not a problem for me? I don't know that either.

I do know medical advice on the internet often includes a lot of disinformation, some of which could be harmful or even deadly. It is certainly no substitute for the counsel of a trained physician who knows your medical history and cares about your health.

Allergies are psychological​

What a bullshit!!! Because only living entities suffer allergies and die on an anaphylactic shock?

Allergies are a problem in context immune system. An allergy is perhaps sometimes able to cause psychological poblems - but an allergy is not caused from the psyche. Nevertheless is the immune system on its own able to "learn" - to be "conditioned". A therapy in this context is for example a so called "Desensitization" (German "Hyposensibilisierung" - hope the translation is correct). Such a therapy is expensive, needs a very long time and needs also discipline. But it has nothing to do with the human brain. Allergies are a biological problem.

Last edited:
What a bullshit!!! Because only living entities suffer allergies and die on an anaphylactic shock?

Allergies are a problem in context immune system. An allergy is perhaps sometimes able to cause psychological poblems - but an allergy is not caused from the psyche. Nevertheless is the immune system on its own able to "learn" - to be "conditioned". A therapy in this context is for example a so called "Desensitization" (German "Hyposensibilisierung" - hope the translation is correct). Such a therapy is expensive, needs a very long time and needs also discipline. But it has nothing to do with the human brain. Allergies are a biological problem.
Yep. It's not just humans who get it, but other animals get allergies -- Do other animals get allergies? | BBC Science Focus Magazine.

"Yes. Cats, dogs and horses can all develop allergies in much the same way that humans do. There are three main kinds of allergy in animals – food, flea bites and environmental allergies such as grass pollen and mould spores."

As for outgrowing them, research has shown this can be true -- Allergies: Can You Outgrow Them?.

"In some cases, you can outgrow certain allergies. If you or your child has food allergies, you may outgrow them, but you should ask your doctor to test you before reintroducing the food into your diet."

A few years ago I went to a Chinese buffet with a girlfriend. The dish she ordered was supposedly "beef."

A few short minutes after she began eating I watched her face turn beet red and her neck began to swell. She started having trouble breathing.

Should I call 911 or get her to a hospital myself?

Luckily she knew what happened and stopped eating and within 30 minutes the swelling started subsiding.

Her meal was beef, but they cooked it on the same utensils they cooked shellfish on! That little bit could have killed her

Forum List

Back