Confederate statues are coming down!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 73486
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 73486

About time....reminds me a bit of the Saddam statue coming down in 2003 that you neocons loved so much, except this is our counry's disgraceful PAST and we need to get rid of every last Confederate statue in the whole country. Should be the next thing passed by Congress. Either put them in museums or let people destroy them and take pieces home with them!

About time....reminds me a bit of the Saddam statue coming down in 2003 that you neocons loved so much, except this is our counry's disgraceful PAST and we need to get rid of every last Confederate statue in the whole country. Should be the next thing passed by Congress. Either put them in museums or let people destroy them and take pieces home with them!
You dont even know what a neocon is do you

If you had trouble understanding how we got to this place. Just read the OP.

Leftists side with the looters. We will need a lot of helicopters.
Whatever doofus -- do you see Hitler statues in Germany? No, no you do not. And why? Because Hitler was a national disgrace and Germany actually banned anything Nazi-related from being displayed! It is a crime in Germany!!!

Don't tell me that people who support Confederate history, statues, anything like that are patriots. They are traitors!

Think its a bit sad! In Britain it would be like tearing down Nelsons Column in London because he was involved in the slave trade. That is what your history is about, you need to acknowledge it - warts and all!

Hitler was a great leader. His invasions of European countries were generally unnecessary. WWII German stuff is banned because of Israel's control, which like Hitler needs world control to work. Confederates were great Americans. Two totally unrelated concepts.

Hitler was a great leader. WWII German stuff is banned because of Israel's control. Confederates were great Americans. Two totally unrelated concepts.
NEONAZI ALERT -- I found one folks --can we get him "banned from the USA?

Should have been done in calmer times but the southern leaders preferred to remind southern blacks that they fought and died to own them. Nothing like reminding fellow citizens they aren’t wanted and worth 3/5ths of a vote

Well aren't you a special little snowflake?

Statue of Lenin (Seattle) - Wikipedia

Should have been done in calmer times but the southern leaders preferred to remind southern blacks that they fought and died to own them. Nothing like reminding fellow citizens they aren’t wanted and worth 3/5ths of a vote
This time will do better -- that way they can vandalize and defecate all over them!!! Go guys go!

Dear Shut_the_Flip_up_Donnie!
I might agree with you more on moving them and preserving them in museums
if taxpayers oppose these on public property.

But these are historic monuments, and moving them from their original base
destroys the historic value and integrity.

If slave labor went into building Monticello, does that mean that has to be torn down?
Where does it end?

You are partially right, that if the entire public should have a say in historic landmarks
on public property, those opinions "should be INCLUDED."
But INCLUDED does not mean IMPOSED!

But WHERE are you getting that the opinions to destroy them
weigh more than the opinions to preserve them and keep them in perspective.
Shouldn't INCLUSION also protect the interests and beliefs
of historic preservationists who DON'T HAVE A BIAS one way or another
but have an interest in the GENERAL HISTORIC value.

What is wrong with that opinion?

Otherwise, by this line of thinking,
Monticello could be removed because of slave labor.
All our cars, goods and clothing could be removed if they were made with slave
labor that offends people. So anything in museums that was made with
forced labor, all that could be sent to the dumpster!

I don't know how much longer this "cancel culture" phase has to go on,
but it seems very strange to me that out of all
3 opinions, when 2 (historic neutrality vs. pro-Confederate or States Rights history)
that require PRESERVING history are ignored as invalid or inferior
and the ONLY OPINION that matters is the third that
require PERMANENT DESTRUCTION of the history.

We don't even know if this is a temporary cultural trend,
but to destroy or remove these is PERMANENT.

And if you want to argue against minority opinions, remember
that the LGBT interests only apply to a fraction of the population,
yet those people demand INCLUSION.

Why not respect the beliefs in historic preservation here
even if they make up a minority percentage?
That never stops the LGBT from demanding inclusion
and equal protection of the laws.

If you had trouble understanding how we got to this place. Just read the OP.

Leftists side with the looters. We will need a lot of helicopters.
Whatever doofus -- do you see Hitler statues in Germany? No, no you do not. And why? Because Hitler was a national disgrace and Germany actually banned anything Nazi-related from being displayed! It is a crime in Germany!!!
he was ok ...he just went a little too far

About time....reminds me a bit of the Saddam statue coming down in 2003 that you neocons loved so much, except this is our country's disgraceful PAST and we need to get rid of every last Confederate statue in the whole country. Should be the next thing passed by Congress. Either put them in museums or let people destroy them and take pieces home with them!
Think its a bit sad! In Britain it would be like tearing down Nelsons Column in London because he was involved in the slave trade. That is what your history is about, you need to acknowledge it - warts and all!
Exactly!! The democrats always want to re-write or erase history using some lame excuse. Like the forefathers who fought for independence and wrote the Constitution to setup the USA are being condemned by democrats as "slave-owners". At that point in world history slaves were used as cheap labor, that's just the way the world was. The confederacy is another example of US history. They may disagree with the confederacy, but they can't erase it.

About time....reminds me a bit of the Saddam statue coming down in 2003 that you neocons loved so much, except this is our country's disgraceful PAST and we need to get rid of every last Confederate statue in the whole country. Should be the next thing passed by Congress. Either put them in museums or let people destroy them and take pieces home with them!
Exactly!! The democrats always want to re-write or erase history using some lame excuse. Like the forefathers who fought for independence and wrote the Constitution to setup the USA are being condemned by democrats as "slave-owners". At that point in world history slaves were used as cheap labor, that's just the way the world was. The confederacy is another example of US history. They may disagree with the confederacy, but they can't erase it.
But the statues glorify slavery, that's my point. Some cracker-ass rednecks still think they won the Civil War. We need to remind them that this is NOT the case!

But the statues glorify slavery, that's my point. Some cracker-ass rednecks still think they won the Civil War. We need to remind them that this is NOT the case!
If you say so mama

Are you an old lefty or a young one ?...im guessing young

If you say so mama

Are you an old lefty or a young one ?...im guessing young
Old enough to know enough about the horrific history of racism in this country!

Ahhhh a Millennial..thought so
Actually, I'm Gen X. The original aggrieved kids in America. We are your worst nightmare, because we will be the next generation to take control, and we aren't going to make the same mistakes that our parents made. It's our time to rule the land!

Forum List

Back