Condemnation of censorship

The reason I don't condemn all censorship is that there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Sometimes it's bad - especially if a government does it. But not always. I'm sorry this doesn't fit the narrative you're trying to construct. But your narrative is bullshit.
This is always argued as if it covers everyone. It does not. It's based on individuals. Some people shout out loudly that they need to, or should be, censored. It also relates to might makes right. Jack Dorsey has more might in his pinky finger than the former has in his whole body.

The former is that orange fellow that screams, in all caps, that he should be censored.

Oh yes, free speech has value.

That is purely subjective, not absolute. Now that I've determined you're not objective, the value of the content of your free speech just plummeted. See how that works?

Lefties do not really know or care about the difference between freedom and liberty, but countless fathers, sons, and brothers have paid the ultimate price for freedom since our country was founded.

Your liberty ends where mine begins. Actions have consequences. Pedantic bumper sticker slogans are boring. Be better.

Freedom is PRICELESS.

Free speech isn't.
Woops, looks like I triggered a commie...

the reason I don't oppose non-governmental censorship is that there's nothing inherently wrong with it
"Non-governmental" is not relevant to the meaning of censorship.

It's relevant to the discussion. You want a blanket judgement on all censorship. You can't have it. I don't condemn non-government censorship. I do condemn censorship by the government. If that won't fit in your brain, I'm sorry.
Yes, you endorse censorship as defined by Wikipedia. All lefties support this vile form of cheating. If lefties couldn't suppress free speech, leftyism would never survive.

The reason I don't condemn all censorship is that there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Sometimes it's bad - especially if a government does it. But not always. I'm sorry this doesn't fit the narrative you're trying to construct. But your narrative is bullshit.
Lefties will fight to defend cheating like a cat fights being shoved into a toilet. There is only one reason why lefties defend this kind of cheating, it is because they plan to cheat.

Yes, yes. We know you don't like "lefties". But that has nothing to do with the question of whether all censorship should be condemned. Which is, supposedly, what you want to talk about. I'm beginning to suspect that the lefty hatred is more what you had in mind.

So, we know that lefties aren't going to be disavowing or condemning censorship, but we have now learned something new about lefties and this vile form of cheating. We have learned that lefties are fighting to change the meaning of censorship. The wikipedia definition is this:

Censorship
Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information. This may be done on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient." Censorship can be conducted by governments, private institutions, and other controlling bodies. Governments and private organizations may engage in censorship.Wikipedia
‐------
According to Wikipedia, censorship is simply suppression of speech, regardless of who does it. Lefties don't want to recognize censorship for what it really is unless it is the government who does it.

Oh yes, free speech has value.

That is purely subjective, not absolute. Now that I've determined you're not objective, the value of the content of your free speech just plummeted. See how that works?

Lefties do not really know or care about the difference between freedom and liberty, but countless fathers, sons, and brothers have paid the ultimate price for freedom since our country was founded.

Your liberty ends where mine begins. Actions have consequences. Pedantic bumper sticker slogans are boring. Be better.

Freedom is PRICELESS.

Free speech isn't.
Woops, looks like I triggered a commie...

You're simply not as bright or important as you think you are, Karen. :itsok: Now run along back to talk radio land.

the reason I don't oppose non-governmental censorship is that there's nothing inherently wrong with it

It's relevant to the discussion. You want a blanket judgement on all censorship. You can't have it. I don't condemn non-government censorship. I do condemn censorship by the government. If that won't fit in your brain, I'm sorry.
Yes, you endorse censorship as defined by Wikipedia. All lefties support this vile form of cheating. If lefties couldn't suppress free speech, leftyism would never survive.

Lefties will fight to defend cheating like a cat fights being shoved into a toilet. There is only one reason why lefties defend this kind of cheating, it is because they plan to cheat.

Yes, yes. We know you don't like "lefties". But that has nothing to do with the question of whether all censorship should be condemned. Which is, supposedly, what you want to talk about. I'm beginning to suspect that the lefty hatred is more what you had in mind.
Since we are discussing censorship on a political site, the default context of the censorship is obviously the politically motivated variety. Yes, I am disgusted and offended when I encounter lefties.

Bingo. It was clear to me in this genius's OP.

Lefties are screwed on this thread, since they can't admit endorsing or disavowing censorship. They know there is something wrong with this form of cheating, but they still love it too much to disavow it. They also know that they can't get caught admitting that they love this kind of cheating, so they can't endorse it either. It's a catch 22 for lefties, so they will have to evade.

How is censorship "cheating?
Censorship is simply the suppression of free speech.

From Merriam webster:
Definition of cheat
(Entry 1 of 2)
transitive verb
1: to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud.
2: to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice.

Censorship deceives an audience by hiding parts of a story or situation. Censorship is used to trick an audience into believing a political narrative by omitting relevant information or information that could allow a different conclusion from the one being engineered with censorship.

Indeed.

It is one level of dishonesty to tell a partial truth, a truth out of context, or an outright lie, with the intent of leading others to believe something that is not true.

It is a whole other level of dishonesty, beyond that, to not use any force or coercion to silence or attempt to silence others, who might tell a different story than what you are telling.

Anyone who defends any such censorship—whether legal or not, whether imposed by government or by a private interest—is showing us very vividly the nature of his character and [lack of] ethics. One who would silence an opposing view, or defend doing so, is someone never to be trusted under any circumstances.

Lefties are screwed on this thread, since they can't admit endorsing or disavowing censorship. They know there is something wrong with this form of cheating, but they still love it too much to disavow it.

To know that something is wrong would require a sense of ethics, a grasp of the distinction between right and wrong.

I think it should be obvious, from nearly every issue in which left wrong wing ideology diverges from that of us on the right; that they have no sense of right and wrong, no ethics, no conscience.

Oh, ok. I thought you referring to the election.
Yes, the election was cheating.

The election was cheating? What are you even talking about?

Lefties cannot win elections without cheating, nor can they win political debates without cheating. Cheating is innate for lefties, it is the only way to support lefty ideology.

You're the one spouting leftist tropes. Whining about monopolies, declaring businesses to be "public accommodations", trying to make discrimination illegal - that's straight up leftist dogma.
I am glad you have finally come to accept that censorship is simply the suppression of free speech, regardless of if it is legal or not, regardless of any private company rights, regardless of who does it or why. You do understand that censorship is cheating, and you do endorse this form of cheating like all lefties do.
You know, I did point to a group of many 'lefties' to include one outright communist that actually did condemn censorship.

You ignored it...

Forum List

Back