Condaleeza Rice Leads California Senate Poll

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't know that she's even considering a run and even if she does I imagine she'd still end up being an underdog, but she could make it a competitive race.

She’s been out of public life for years, she’s never run for office and she’s a Republican, but Condoleezza Rice is now the first choice of California voters to replace Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer in 2016.

A Field Poll released Wednesday showed that the former Bush administration official leads a list of 18 potential Senate candidates, with 49 percent of likely voters saying that they would be inclined to vote for her and 39 percent not inclined.

Ms. Rice edged Attorney General Kamala Harris, a Democrat and the Senate contest’s only declared candidate, with 46 percent saying they were inclined to support her and 37 percent not inclined.

Condoleezza Rice for Senate California voters say - Washington Times

I thought she was interested or at least hinted at wanting to be the next NFL Commissioner. I wasn't aware she was even interested in running for the Senate.

I am surprised a woman of Ms. Rice's intellect would continue to live in California. That's a major strike against her playing any leadership role.

She is not a dumb person HOWEVER it would have garnered her more Indy/Undecided votes/given her more credibility had she stood-up to Cheney & threatened to resign under protest when she had the opportunity.

Condi could certainly give anybody a run for their money.

I have always admired her greatly! :thup:

I don't know that she's even considering a run and even if she does I imagine she'd still end up being an underdog, but she could make it a competitive race.

She’s been out of public life for years, she’s never run for office and she’s a Republican, but Condoleezza Rice is now the first choice of California voters to replace Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer in 2016.

A Field Poll released Wednesday showed that the former Bush administration official leads a list of 18 potential Senate candidates, with 49 percent of likely voters saying that they would be inclined to vote for her and 39 percent not inclined.

Ms. Rice edged Attorney General Kamala Harris, a Democrat and the Senate contest’s only declared candidate, with 46 percent saying they were inclined to support her and 37 percent not inclined.

Condoleezza Rice for Senate California voters say - Washington Times

It would be interesting- but from what I have heard Rice has no taste for the dirt and grime of the campaign trail. I think it is a long shot.

It would be interesting- but from what I have heard Rice has no taste for the dirt and grime of the campaign trail. I think it is a long shot.

Agreed. I'd be very surprised if they end up talking her into running.

I wish she was running in another state. But good luck to her she has the smarts and class.

Rice has a great gig right now- why would she want to give it up for the grind of Washington, and frankly having to suck up to big campaign donors and constituents?

I would say she has a real up hill battle in CA....but sure, if she has any interest let her run.

I think she could win if she ran.

But I don't think she has any desire to do so.

Really? I just don't know. Since she'd easily be the front runner on the GOP side there's no chance in hell the top two candidates would be two GOPers in the jungle primary and that always was the main way the GOP planned to have any chance of winning the seat.

CA has just trended more and more to the left in recent years and even running as a moderate is almost a losing strategy anymore for statewide races.

Condeleeza would be one we would pray would run for office. I would just love it if the Republican ticket was CARSON/RICE! What would the dums do? I can just imagine the apoplectic fits!

Condeleeza would be one we would pray would run for office. I would just love it if the Republican ticket was CARSON/RICE! What would the dums do? I can just imagine the apoplectic fits!

Why do you think getting some pathetic Uncle Toms up there saying "Yassa, Boss, we sho be shiftless" really impresses anyone.

Hey, if the GOP wants to impress people, run someone who doesn't blame working people for the raping they've received at the hands of the 1%.

That would be really, really impressive.

Forum List

Back