Computer "glitch" and Delta selling super, super cheap tickets, hilarious!

R

rdean

From about 10 a.m. to noon ET, certain Delta fares on the airline's own website and other airfare booking sites were showing up incorrectly, offering some savvy bargain hunters incredible deals. A roundtrip flight between Cincinnati and Minneapolis for February was being sold for just $25.05 and a roundtrip between Cincinnati and Salt Lake City for $48.41. The correct price for both of those fares is more than $400.

Delta to honor extremely cheap fares glitch | Fox News

Other airlines have given away free tickets when their websites "glitched". And private industry is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than government.

All new technology is "glitchy". Every time Republicans try to sell to the American people that only private industry can do it, I point out the Wall Street Crash, the exploding plants in Texas and the glitchy technology. Exxon Valdez anyone? How about Gulf Oil Spill? I know, auto recall?

From about 10 a.m. to noon ET, certain Delta fares on the airline's own website and other airfare booking sites were showing up incorrectly, offering some savvy bargain hunters incredible deals. A roundtrip flight between Cincinnati and Minneapolis for February was being sold for just $25.05 and a roundtrip between Cincinnati and Salt Lake City for $48.41. The correct price for both of those fares is more than $400.

Other airlines have given away free tickets when their websites "glitched". And private industry is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than government.

All new technology is "glitchy". Every time Republicans try to sell to the American people that only private industry can do it, I point out the Wall Street Crash, the exploding plants in Texas and the glitchy technology. Exxon Valdez anyone? How about Gulf Oil Spill? I know, auto recall?

a glitch in software that lasted two hours vs a website that hasn't functioned at all in nearly 3 full months. you are a dope....:lol:

except that Delta still honored the prices & didn't try to cram down full fare down anyone's throat. That's the difference between private industry & government. The government will still keep on trucking into the wall while private industry adapts & overcomes....

Wonder if they're legally obliged to honor the messed up low prices?

Wonder if they're legally obliged to honor the messed up low prices?

Doesn't matter. They already promised. So did the other airlines.

The group that is still having a hard time is Amazon. They lowered the prices on expensive books and other expensive items to a dollar. And they raised prices on inexpensive high volume items that cost sales. I don't know if they have settled all the lawsuits. I posted a thread on it some time back.

Fox just covering it. Delta's gonna honor the fares. And I'm wondering since the actual prices don't indicate a decimal point issue, if the given fares are the airline's actual costs, and the reg price the absurd markup? :)

Forum List

Back