Compare and contrast Media coverage of two fatal Police shootings

Exccept the only reason why this case has gotten any notice at all is because a bystander was killed.
Yes, that fact was difficult for libs to brush under the rug

but they tried to mention it as little as possible

Yes, that fact was difficult for libs to brush under the rug

but they tried to mention it as little as possible

By that logic, then, the media brush MOST police shootings under the rug. There are 1000 police shootings a year. 30% of them are black people and the majority are people of color. It's become a little harder to trace now because the cops aren't reporting the race of anyone they shoot now. In any given year, only one or two become a national story, and it's usually because the cop went over the line. Also helps if there is really shocking videotape of the misconduct.

By that logic, then, the media brush MOST police shootings under the rug. There are 1000 police shootings a year. 30% of them are black people and the majority are people of color.

It's become a little harder to trace now because the cops aren't reporting the race of anyone they shoot now.
Its only harder for we the public

the lib media can find out anytime they want if they are interested

and what interests them is white cops shooting black criminals

Neither the white cop who accidentally shot a black guy or the black cop who killed an unBlack 14 year old girl were racial incidents

but the lying lib press wanted to play the race card in one instance and did

Its only harder for we the public

the lib media can find out anytime they want if they are interested

and what interests them is white cops shooting black criminals

Neither the white cop who accidentally shot a black guy or the black cop who killed an unBlack 14 year old girl were racial incidents

but the lying lib press wanted to play the race card in one instance and did

Actually, the only time the media pays attention is if the behavior by a white officer was particularly egregious - Choking a guy for nine minutes, shooting a kid 16 times when he was lying on the ground, shooting a kid playing with a toy on a playground, shooting a kid when he had his hands up. Shooting a black guy in his apartment because you got mixed up to what floor you were on.

This officer was reckless, in that he fired on a suspect in a crowded store. The 14 year old girl was in a dressing room and a bullet went through a wall.... hardly an egregious act, but possibly a reckless one.

Actually, the only time the media pays attention is if the behavior by a white officer was particularly egregious - Choking a guy for nine minutes, shooting a kid 16 times when he was lying on the ground, shooting a kid playing with a toy on a playground, shooting a kid when he had his hands up. Shooting a black guy in his apartment because you got mixed up to what floor you were on.

This officer was reckless, in that he fired on a suspect in a crowded store. The 14 year old girl was in a dressing room and a bullet went through a wall.... hardly an egregious act, but possibly a reckless one.
But for libs its only racial when a black person dies

as if to them a 14-year old hispanic doesent matter

because your outrage is driven only by politics

But for libs its only racial when a black person dies

as if to them a 14-year old hispanic doesent matter

because your outrage is driven only by politics

The 14 year old was killed by accident, she wasn't even in the officer's line of sight.

Most of the BLM cases, the officer knows who they are killing. They saw a black face, they panicked and shot.

In what report? I mean, the fact is, with so many black people murdered by cops... it's hard to keep them straight.
The report this thread id based on

there id a reason i call BLM Black LIES Matter

because the left peddling racist lies about white cops and white people

The report this thread id based on

there id a reason i call BLM Black LIES Matter

because the left peddling racist lies about white cops and white people

Okay. So let's compare. Kim Potter pulled over a black man on a pretextual stop. She escalated the situation, and then pulled out her gun and shot the man because despite being on the police force for 26 years, she couldn't tell the difference between a gun and a taser. He wasn't an immediate threat, he wasn't a danger to anyone at that moment when lethal force was used against him.

Compared to

A man was rampaging through a shopping mall, had already injured at least two women, and was beating on another woman. He was shot in what most use of force cases would rule as a justified use of force. A 14 year old girl who was out of view in a dressing room was hit by a stray bullet.

So, no, not even comparable.

Of course, if he had been a white cop, you would not only be defending his use of force, you'd probably be pointing out that the 14 year old was an undocumented immigrant and shouldn't have been in this country to start with.

Okay. So let's compare. Kim Potter pulled over a black man on a pretextual stop. She escalated the situation, and then pulled out her gun and shot the man because despite being on the police force for 26 years, she couldn't tell the difference between a gun and a taser. He wasn't an immediate threat, he wasn't a danger to anyone at that moment when lethal force was used against him.

Compared to

A man was rampaging through a shopping mall, had already injured at least two women, and was beating on another woman. He was shot in what most use of force cases would rule as a justified use of force. A 14 year old girl who was out of view in a dressing room was hit by a stray bullet.

Of course, if he had been a white cop, you would not only be defending his use of force, you'd probably be pointing out that the 14 year old was an undocumented immigrant and shouldn't have been in this country to start with.
The police -

Compared to

All your “facts” are wrong

a police trainee officer in a patrol car, which contained Kimberly Potter as a passenger, observed the vehicle signaling a right turn while it was inside a left turning lane.[37] The trainee officer also noticed that the vehicle had an expired registration tag on its license plate and had an air freshener hanging from the car's rearview mirror, a violation of Minnesota state law.[37] At 1:53 p.m. local time, the trainee officer initiated a traffic stop of Wright's vehicle on 63rd Avenue North[38][34] [39] and called for backup.[37]

After pulling the vehicle over, the trainee officer approached the vehicle and learned the driver's name. Wright did not have a driver's license[35] or proof-of-insurance card. The trainee officer returned to his squad car and was joined by Potter's supervisor who had arrived at the scene.[40] Meanwhile, Wright phoned his mother.[37] The officers ran Wright's name through a police database and learned that he had an open arrest warrant for failing to appear in court on a gross misdemeanor weapons violation for carrying a gun without a permit,

Dante Wright was a dirtbag who had an outstanding warrant and resisted arrest

Killing of Daunte Wright - Wikipedia

Dante Wright was a dirtbag who had an outstanding warrant and resisted arrest

None of which justified escalating a NON VIOLENT traffic stop into a lethal force incident.

Expired tags and an air-freshener? Seriously? This is why people hate cops.

As an aside, I had a headlight burn out, and I had a cop pull me over the other day. He was nice enough to not give me a ticket, but it was still a stressful incident. Now I imagine what that's like if you are black.

As an aside, I had a headlight burn out, and I had a cop pull me over the other day. He was nice enough to not give me a ticket, but it was still a stressful incident. Now I imagine what that's like if you are black.
I dont believe you are that weak to fall apart emotionally over a broken headlight

He killed the 14 year old because he would not listen. In the video the other cops were telling him to slow down. He had to rush in an be the hero without taking any consideration as to his actions. He should be in the cell besides Potter.
Not what the thread is about. It’s about how the media covered the two shootings so differently. You always spin. Aren’t you tired of being so dishonest?

Not what the thread is about. It’s about how the media covered the two shootings so differently. You always spin. Aren’t you tired of being so dishonest?

I care less about the media. I care about the facts of this situation.

Forum List

Back