Debate Now Common sense gun control

So here's Canada's get licensing/registration program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically you just need to pass a short, and fairly easy (though very important) safety course, and then mail away for a licence. If you're approved you'll get it in the mail and you can go shopping.

The course you will take is called the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, (CFSC for short) and the license you'll get is called a Possession and Acquisition Licence, but everyone just calls it a PAL. It's generally pronounced "pal", like the word for a friend, not "Pee Eh Ell".

Quebec firearms laws are significantly different from the rest of Canada
Québec Residents: Your government has some additional requirements not described here. You should read the page you are on now, and then also the Quebec Page to find the additional information.

The PAL is a pink card that looks similar to this:​

A PAL is a pink and blue ID card with your photo and some important information on it.

The PAL is the license that lets you buy firearms.

Detailed steps to get your PAL (Canadian Firearms Licence)​

Follow these simple steps to get your PAL gun license in Canada

1. Use the "find a class" page on this website to find out where to take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC).
  2. Pass the CFSC. It's fun and easy, very few people have any trouble. There are no trick questions, or difficult concepts.
  3. Fill out, and mail in the application form with the required supporting papers (like your photograph.)
  4. Wait a few weeks.
  5. Receive your license, and go shopping!
See, it isn't really that complicated.

What about handguns?​

How do I get a handgun in Canada?
Yes, handguns are legal in Canada. If you want to own a handgun, (or other "restricted" firearms such as AR-15 rifles) in Canada you will need to take some additional steps. After you have finish reading this page, use the "Handguns" section of this website to find out more.

What's the safety course like?​

The CFSC in Canada is easy
The course is fun and easy, and is designed to be sufficient safety instruction for people who have no prior experience with firearms.

Most people simply take a one day class (usually a Saturday), that includes watching a video, listening to an instructor, and going over a book. You know, typical classroom sort of stuff. It's pretty low key, and most people have a lot of fun.

The course comes with a great book. It's an easy read, with lots of pictures and diagrams to help you learn the details.

combined_cfsc_book.50b8f05b3bc54008cabf8dc22c63cfb2.jpg

Is the test hard?​

The test is easy
No, it's not. At the end of the course there is a test based only on what is covered in the course. Don't worry, it's pretty easy. You'll have to answer a few questions and demonstrate some knowledge of what was covered. The vast majority of people pass. Don't let the word "test" make you nervous.

How Much Does a Canadian Firearms License Cost?​

what does a gun licence cost in Cnada
It's really not that expensive. It only works out to a couple of bucks a month if you look at it in terms of a the cost over the time. It could even save you money! If you take up hunting, it can be an excellent source of surprisingly large quantities of inexpensive, and very high quality meats.

Here is a rough guide to the costs. However prices will vary, especially from province to province. My wife actually paid just $20 for her classes as part of a women's retreat.

Estimated PAL Costs​

Total$112.38$532.38
ExpenseLow EndHigh End
One day CFSC class$50$225
Optional CRFSC class for restricted firearms$0$225
Photo$0$20
Licence application fee$61.32$81.76
Postage$1.07$1.07
Approximately every five years you will have to renew your license. There is a fee to renew, however it may, or may not be waived for some renewals.

So here's Canada's get licensing/registration program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically you just need to pass a short, and fairly easy (though very important) safety course, and then mail away for a licence. If you're approved you'll get it in the mail and you can go shopping.

The course you will take is called the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, (CFSC for short) and the license you'll get is called a Possession and Acquisition Licence, but everyone just calls it a PAL. It's generally pronounced "pal", like the word for a friend, not "Pee Eh Ell".

Quebec firearms laws are significantly different from the rest of Canada
Québec Residents: Your government has some additional requirements not described here. You should read the page you are on now, and then also the Quebec Page to find the additional information.

The PAL is a pink card that looks similar to this:​

A PAL is a pink and blue ID card with your photo and some important information on it.

The PAL is the license that lets you buy firearms.

Detailed steps to get your PAL (Canadian Firearms Licence)​

Follow these simple steps to get your PAL gun license in Canada

1. Use the "find a class" page on this website to find out where to take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC).
  2. Pass the CFSC. It's fun and easy, very few people have any trouble. There are no trick questions, or difficult concepts.
  3. Fill out, and mail in the application form with the required supporting papers (like your photograph.)
  4. Wait a few weeks.
  5. Receive your license, and go shopping!
See, it isn't really that complicated.

What about handguns?​

How do I get a handgun in Canada?
Yes, handguns are legal in Canada. If you want to own a handgun, (or other "restricted" firearms such as AR-15 rifles) in Canada you will need to take some additional steps. After you have finish reading this page, use the "Handguns" section of this website to find out more.

What's the safety course like?​

The CFSC in Canada is easy
The course is fun and easy, and is designed to be sufficient safety instruction for people who have no prior experience with firearms.

Most people simply take a one day class (usually a Saturday), that includes watching a video, listening to an instructor, and going over a book. You know, typical classroom sort of stuff. It's pretty low key, and most people have a lot of fun.

The course comes with a great book. It's an easy read, with lots of pictures and diagrams to help you learn the details.

combined_cfsc_book.50b8f05b3bc54008cabf8dc22c63cfb2.jpg

Is the test hard?​

The test is easy
No, it's not. At the end of the course there is a test based only on what is covered in the course. Don't worry, it's pretty easy. You'll have to answer a few questions and demonstrate some knowledge of what was covered. The vast majority of people pass. Don't let the word "test" make you nervous.

How Much Does a Canadian Firearms License Cost?​

what does a gun licence cost in Cnada
It's really not that expensive. It only works out to a couple of bucks a month if you look at it in terms of a the cost over the time. It could even save you money! If you take up hunting, it can be an excellent source of surprisingly large quantities of inexpensive, and very high quality meats.

Here is a rough guide to the costs. However prices will vary, especially from province to province. My wife actually paid just $20 for her classes as part of a women's retreat.

Estimated PAL Costs​

ExpenseLow EndHigh End
Total$112.38$532.38
One day CFSC class$50$225
Optional CRFSC class for restricted firearms$0$225
Photo$0$20
Licence application fee$61.32$81.76
Postage$1.07$1.07
Approximately every five years you will have to renew your license. There is a fee to renew, however it may, or may not be waived for some renewals.
that would be in violation of the constitution,,

1. The goal is to prevent irresponsible people from accessing guns while allowing responsible people to access guns. Irresponsible gun owners are crazy people or criminals who'd use guns in a crime, like a mass shooting.

2. You can inconvenience responsible gun owners but you can't prevent them from owning or using their guns in a responsible manner. An inconvenience is taking a test, applying for a license, etc

3. Ignore the Second Amendment.

Your job is to come up with legislation that will keep irresponsible people away from guns without interfering with responsible gun ownership.
How about arresting people who behave irresponsibly and putting them in jail, where they are not a danger to the rest of us.

Don't worry about the weapon, deal with the person.

1. The goal is to prevent irresponsible people from accessing guns while allowing responsible people to access guns. Irresponsible gun owners are crazy people or criminals who'd use guns in a crime, like a mass shooting.

2. You can inconvenience responsible gun owners but you can't prevent them from owning or using their guns in a responsible manner. An inconvenience is taking a test, applying for a license, etc

Your job is to come up with legislation that will keep irresponsible people away from guns without interfering with responsible gun ownership.

We don't need to come up with anything.

The Constitution of the US says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Very clear.

The filthy ass Libtards can't infringe it with what the idiots think are "common sense" infringements.

You can never trust Liberals with "common sense" because they don't have any.

We don't need to come up with anything.

The Constitution of the US says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Very clear.

The filthy ass Libtards can't infringe it with what the idiots think are "common sense" infringements.

You can never trust Liberals with "common sense" because they don't have any.

You're supposed to ignore the Second Amendment and come up with legislation.

That's the purpose of this forum. Read the first post.

I read it. I chose to ignore it because it is not a relevant to the Liberty that this country was founded upon.

but the 2nd has worked so well for hundreds of yrs,,

and since we already have thousands of gun laws that havent worked why continue to do something we know doesnt work??

but the 2nd has worked so well for hundreds of yrs,,

and since we already have thousands of gun laws that havent worked why continue to do something we know doesnt work??
OP, I'm really pleased that your attempt to dictate the terms of the debate didn't work. When one wishes to discuss a clear natural and constitutional right the debate needs to be free and open.
If you dislike the Second Amendment then follow the legal path described in the Constition to amend it. The Constitution is not permanently carved in stone. It can be amended and has been twenty-seven times. If you can't do that then just shut up.

OP, I'm really pleased that your attempt to dictate the terms of the debate didn't work. When one wishes to discuss a clear natural and constitutional right the debate needs to be free and open.
If you dislike the Second Amendment then follow the legal path described in the Constition to amend it. The Constitution is not permanently carved in stone. It can be amended and has been twenty-seven times. If you can't do that then just shut up.
But it isnt just an amendment to the Constitution but has to be ratified by the states also. I dont think that there are enough blue states that would support the ending of the right to protect yourself from governments foreign or domestic.

Gun laws are only aimed at law-abiding citizens.

There is no group less likely to use guns criminally than licensed gun owners.

Or......can you list the laws, statutes, regulations that criminals obey?

1. Permit holders are extremely law abiding. They would lose their permits for any weapons-related infraction. It doesn’t happen
    1. Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”
    2. http://www.kansas.com/news/article1103132.html
http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/2572467/few-crimes-committed-by-concealed.html ( .00086%)

Please try to be less dumb.

View attachment 550684

What about just putting the ones using the guns illegally away for life with no visitation rights from others with the exception of inmates?

I have the perfect vacation resort area to put them in also it's called Bikini Atoll.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

"Calif. mom who received $4.9M after police killed her son arrested for buying guns for other son, gang​

FRESNO, Calif. - A Fresno, California, area woman who received a nearly $5 million settlement after the police killed her son has been arrested for using some of that money to buy guns for another son and gang members.

Christina Lopez, 42, was one of 14 people charged in the takedown of a Fresno-area gang that was allegedly involved in the shooting death of a man in July, according to the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office."

There are plenty of laws regarding guns on the books now. There is no need to add any more.

The end.
We could get rid of all the gun laws now on the books and go back to how it use to be, ALMOST all gun people were responsible. We just had to deal with the criminals & the occasional wack job. Then this new group of fake want a be military style persons began to appear with guns in restaurants street corners Walmart's, Who are these people?

We could get rid of all the gun laws now on the books and go back to how it use to be, ALMOST all gun people were responsible. We just had to deal with the criminals & the occasional wack job. Then this new group of fake want a be military style persons began to appear with guns in restaurants street corners Walmart's, Who are these people?
do they scare you??

I don't mind armed people showing up at the restaurants and stores I inhabit. Open carry of a weapon is perfectly legal in many states, as long as you don't do anything stupid. I don't normally carry my weapon openly, and have a concealed carry permit. But I have on occasions, when the weather was hot. I've also seen numerous other people open carrying.

The reason you're seeing more people carrying weapons, is because many states are relaxing their gun laws.

If HIPPA laws prevent BGC from finding out then mandate Drug Screenings with 4473 Forms ( with emphasis on SSRIs and Illegal Drug usage and even Chronic )

I don't mind armed people showing up at the restaurants and stores I inhabit. Open carry of a weapon is perfectly legal in many states, as long as you don't do anything stupid. I don't normally carry my weapon openly, and have a concealed carry permit. But I have on occasions, when the weather was hot. I've also seen numerous other people open carrying.

The reason you're seeing more people carrying weapons, is because many states are relaxing their gun laws.
Just today i took my family out to a shooting range and right beside me was a black man and his wife, exercising their 2nd amendment rights and having a great time doing it. Shame Karens and Kens hate black people who lawfully own guns.

1. Violent criminals will be held in prison until they are no longer a threat to society or considered a threat of committing a crime against others. This includes for life, if necessary.
2. People who have demonstrated that they are mentally ill and are a threat to themselves or criminally to others, will be held in prison, if convicted of a crime, or inpatient, locked in, mental health care, until they are no longer a threat to themselves or illegally to others.
3. Everyone not in prison or a mental institution may keep and bear arms.
4. Hoplophobia is a documented mental illness. Hoplophobes will be held in accordance with paragraph 2.

Forum List

Back