CommieRAT~Abolish the Senate and Electoral College? Why Not Tear Up the Constitution?

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Seems you DemonRATS, have made the transition to CommieRATS, almost overnight, you no longer care about the Constitution, and only use it when you can pervert the Founders meanings!....Yes, I won't be here but the Second Revolution is well under way albeit, under cover on the Patriots side!

Former Congressman John Dingell, Jr., a partisan Democrat whose immediate family has controlled the same seat in the House of Representatives for 86 years, has some suggestions for fixing Congress. We should abolish the Senate and the Electoral College because they're undemocratic, "despite the constitutional hurdles of doing so." In 2015, Dingell retired from the U.S. House seat he's held since 1955, the seat he inherited from his father, John Dingell, Sr., who first won it in 1932. The seat has passed to John Jr.'s much-younger wife, Rep. Debbie Dingell, who was just re-elected in November. (Full disclosure: For 20 years, my wife and I have lived in Dearborn, Michigan, which is inside the Dingell fiefdom and looks as though it may be in perpetuity.)

Dingell is kvetching about "the complete collapse" of respect for government since he first held office and "an unprecedented cynicism about the nobility of public service itself." Things were much better in 1958, when "73 percent of Americans trusted the federal government 'to do the right thing almost always or most of the time.'" Now it's down to 18%, and Dingell blames this decline mostly on Republican wrongdoing like Watergate, the Iraq War, and "Ronald Reagan's folksy but popular message that government was not here to help." "[W]orst of all by far," he writes, is "the Trumpist mind-set" held by "jackasses who see 'deep state' conspiracies in every part of government[.]"

What really burns Dingell is how his party's numerical electoral advantage – widely expected to continue growing as caravans of illegal aliens flood into the country – isn't translating into an America run strictly according to Democrat ideas. Why not? Because "sparsely populated, usually conservative states can block legislation supported by a majority of the American people."

Read more at americanthinker.com .

Seems you DemonRATS, have made the transition to CommieRATS, almost overnight, you no longer care about the Constitution, and only use it when you can pervert the Founders meanings!....Yes, I won't be here but the Second Revolution is well under way albeit, under cover on the Patriots side!

Former Congressman John Dingell, Jr., a partisan Democrat whose immediate family has controlled the same seat in the House of Representatives for 86 years, has some suggestions for fixing Congress. We should abolish the Senate and the Electoral College because they're undemocratic, "despite the constitutional hurdles of doing so." In 2015, Dingell retired from the U.S. House seat he's held since 1955, the seat he inherited from his father, John Dingell, Sr., who first won it in 1932. The seat has passed to John Jr.'s much-younger wife, Rep. Debbie Dingell, who was just re-elected in November. (Full disclosure: For 20 years, my wife and I have lived in Dearborn, Michigan, which is inside the Dingell fiefdom and looks as though it may be in perpetuity.)

Dingell is kvetching about "the complete collapse" of respect for government since he first held office and "an unprecedented cynicism about the nobility of public service itself." Things were much better in 1958, when "73 percent of Americans trusted the federal government 'to do the right thing almost always or most of the time.'" Now it's down to 18%, and Dingell blames this decline mostly on Republican wrongdoing like Watergate, the Iraq War, and "Ronald Reagan's folksy but popular message that government was not here to help." "[W]orst of all by far," he writes, is "the Trumpist mind-set" held by "jackasses who see 'deep state' conspiracies in every part of government[.]"

What really burns Dingell is how his party's numerical electoral advantage – widely expected to continue growing as caravans of illegal aliens flood into the country – isn't translating into an America run strictly according to Democrat ideas. Why not? Because "sparsely populated, usually conservative states can block legislation supported by a majority of the American people."

The electoral college should most certainly go, but the National Popular Vote interstate compact should take care of that. As for the Senate? It's certainly not ideal that a state of 500,000 people gets the same representation as a state of 40 million, but I doubt the smaller, weaker states will give that up short of war or secession. Which aren't the worst ideas should the problem become even more exacerbated.

The electoral college should most certainly go, but the National Popular Vote interstate compact should take care of that. As for the Senate? It's certainly not ideal that a state of 500,000 people gets the same representation as a state of 40 million, but I doubt the smaller, weaker states will give that up short of war or secession. Which aren't the worst ideas should the problem become even more exacerbated.
black-flag-home-perimeter-insect-control-hg-11076-1-64_1000.jpg

We are a Republic, not a Democracy. Our founding fathers set it up that way on purpose. There wasn’t even a popular vote for President in the beginning.

No rebuttal again? :itsok:

No rebuttal again? :itsok:
Insects don't understand English, they don't think, simply react...just like you!

They've already done a pretty thorough job of rending the Constitution:

• The Federal Reserve
  • 16th Amendment & income tax
  • 17th Amendment and direct election of Senators
  • Endless interventions in foreign wars
  • The NRA and New Deal
  • The military-industrial complex
  • Medicare/Medicaid
  • The "war on poverty" and the welfare state
  • Full participation in the 4th Amendment crushing Patriot Act and the snoop state

And much, much more....

It seems excessively ironic that leftist fixture John Dingell should bring up how Americans had such confidence in government in 1958, before progressives spread their diseased doctrines throughout all the country (commencing with the 1964 presidential campaign).
Also I didn't note any massive public outcry in the fifties to do away with the electoral college (or at any other point either except just in the last few years when progressives have tried to start an outcry, without much if any success).

Leftist a-holes like Dingell would love to do away with carefully crafted measures from the founding fathers designed
especially to thwart what democrats are trying to do...flood the nation with immigrants who will vote their way
and have a few highly populated regions dominate the rest of the country.
Like Ben Franklin said they are like three wolves and a sheep holding a vote for what to have for dinner.

That's all good, but the worst problem for freedom in America lies in the university system that rewards liberalism and devastates conservative practice and ideals. They've gone too far. The hand that we let rock the cradle tends to rule the world. Half the higher education teaching and administration staffs should be military. Presently, the schools castigate the military, and that first came to my attention in Viet Nam vets returning through the FPO with California college greeters in full spit mode. The second time that came to my attention was at a junior college American History 101 course in which our professor destroyed a young woman for defending her father who died in Vietnam. He told her not to come back to HIS class because she simply stated that she still loved the father. Not a person left that classroom that day who didn't have a sick stomach. That was early seventies. Several of us defended the young woman, and he docked us ten semester points for it. She went to the school administration, and he was forced to allow her to come back to his class. He made her cry every day she was there. Letting a hate-America professor indoctrinate young people and shame young patriots is a bad idea. I wouldn't know that if I hadn't a front row seat to the future of the universities in this nation.

Wasn't Dingell the Fascist scumbag who told us that Obamacare was to "control the People"?

Forum List

Back