Comical Error

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
Ruth 4:15
he is the Restorer (HaShev) of life
so in falaciously placing Jesus in Hebrew text
they mistakingly translate the same word into another of it's transliterations used for the bread used in the Temple.
John 6:35 Then Jesus declared,
" I am the (Ha)
bread (Shewb in NT Hebrew=Shev in Torah) of life ...

hint: stale crackers with the sign of death on them are not bread, it's like they want you to know Jesus' body never rises.

Last edited:
Why do you who knows not Hebrew assume the Romans who knew not Hebrew would ever get translations & transliterations right and assume they meant to use the word bread?
If he (the writer speaking in the idols behalf) didn't mean bread then you are in a lot of trouble and proven to be the least observant person on this planet.
Note: the 2 meanings of "observant" is in play here as an example, but both fitting as well.

Why do you who knows not Hebrew assume the Romans who knew not Hebrew would ever get translations & transliterations right and assume they meant to use the word bread?
If he (the writer speaking in the idols behalf) didn't mean bread then you are in a lot of trouble and proven to be the least observant person on this planet.
Note: the 2 meanings of "observant" is in play here as an example, but both fitting as well.

Bread of life is symbolic of life sustaining.

Now lets talk about Kind David and Sol (sun) and discuss of how there is no evidence of either. Do you worship Yahweh's wife too?

Ruth 4:15
he is the Restorer (HaShev) of life
so in falaciously placing Jesus in Hebrew text
they mistakingly translate the same word into another of it's transliterations used for the bread used in the Temple.
John 6:35 Then Jesus declared,
" I am the (Ha)
bread (Shewb in NT Hebrew=Shev in Torah) of life ...

hint: stale crackers with the sign of death on them are not bread, it's like they want you to know Jesus' body never rises.

hashev------what language is "shewb"??? there is no evidence whatsoever that the person called "John" ever existed ------"john" seems to be a pen name for
various writings of unknown authorship and all ----probably in greek. It seems to me kinda hopeless to try to get intricate with a quotation which is a translation of a translation written by a person who was not there. You are knocking your head
against the wall

Bread of life is symbolic of life sustaining.

Now lets talk about Kind David and Sol (sun) and discuss of how there is no evidence of either. Do you worship Yahweh's wife too?

Penelope ----I think you meant King David. There is more historic evidence of the existence of King David than there is of the existence of Jesus----and Troy. There is no tangible evidence of the existence of more than 99.9% of the people
who have lived on the planet earth. Do you still worship your pimp------or did
he dump you?
He didn't mean literal bread, duh.

how do you know what "he" meant-------you do not even know what "he" said----
someone who never met the guy wrote "he said" in a language that the quoted
guy did not speak. You have no idea what "he" meant. Your attempt to explain it is ludicrous

what language is "shewb"???
Exactly, I brought this up previously.
Where do they get shewb from?
Everywhere the Torah says HaShev (return/restore) the NT in Hebrew uses the word Shewb instead, thus they change transliterations that both hinder spotting other words in correct form as well as "they shall blot out the name".
This also hinders definitions of similar words...
hence the (ha) Bread (shew-shev)
and Hashev (Return or restore or place back) which should be the correct translation and why?
Which sounds more sensible:
I am the pumpernickle of life or
I am the restorer of life?
Remembering who the messenger (malakh) of life is also helps understanding why the proper transliteration of the Hebrew is important.

what language is "shewb"???
Exactly, I brought this up previously.
Where do they get shewb from?
Everywhere the Torah says HaShev (return/restore) the NT in Hebrew uses the word Shewb instead, thus they change transliterations that both hinder spotting other words in correct form as well as "they shall blot out the name".
This also hinders definitions of similar words...
hence the (ha) Bread (shew-shev)
and Hashev (Return or restore or place back) which should be the correct translation and why?
Which sounds more sensible:
I am the pumpernickle of life or
I am the restorer of life?
Remembering who the messenger (malakh) of life is also helps understanding why the proper transliteration of the Hebrew is important.

oh------I never saw the NT in Hebrew-------can you spell it for me? this "shewb"
thing is part of Last Supper chat? shewb? like starting with shin and ending with bet?---------and whatever inbetween? Is that the line that got
translated to "this bread is my body" ??? oh----I got it SHIN BET is the
shoresh ----restore or return---------that gets into greek or latin as BREAD???

I don't know what the word is for bread, but Shew is the temple bread, so if one said I am the (ha) [temple bread]
Shew (shev) the listener & conveyers might translate it as bread, because how would the gentile know what shew was?
So if people asked, "what's shew?" and the reply is bread, what would you suppose a translation would be used?

Regarding spelling shewb, we are talking about their transliteration of the Hebrew into English thus into Shewb.

I don't know what the word is for bread, but Shew is the temple bread, so if one said I am the (ha) [temple bread]
Shew (shev) the listener & conveyers might translate it as bread, because how would the gentile know what shew was?
So if people asked, "what's shew?" and the reply is bread, what would you suppose a translation would be used?

Regarding spelling shewb, we are talking about their transliteration of the Hebrew into English thus into Shewb.

???? shew does not mean "bread" in Hebrew----- not shewb either SHEV ----
is the root for the word "restore" or "return" I do not understand what you are
saying----from where did you get shewb means bread? Lechem is bread

Never said that, I said they replace
Hashev (return restore) with shewb and shew is the temple bread hence their "possible" mistaking Ruth
as I am the bread of life instead of I am the restorer of life.
It also doesn't help that there is no vowels so L'chm (bread)
and L'chaim (life) could be confused.

Last edited:
Yes that is a good point about Lchaim and Lchm(bread)....... People get confussed about the smallest things so that could completely baffle them esp since their "Bread" is of the "risen" quality which we are told to get rid of and burn and we can only partake of and eat the un(risen) variety at passover....The thing is every generation is to follow that law forever ....So by not following that law and reading the fine print in the instruction book(the jewish scripture) they failed not only the "test" but showed their reading skills and comprehension skills are at the kindergarten level if not lower....Too bad because to get a "passing" grade one must become literate and develop the skills to move along to the next level unless they are just plain happy to stay where they are and not become all that they can be which is too bad because last time I looked this is the only life we are given....

Forum List

Back