Comedy Central at it Again

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
I'm just about to give up on TV. I stopped watching "Family Guy" when I realized all of their new episodes were liberal propoganda with occasional bits of comedy. Now, I'm going to stop watching Comedy Central because they're airing a highly offensive cartoon series portraying the Bush Administration as a bunch of spoiled elementary school students, and I'm going to have to stop watching the Simpsons because the same guy made both series. Now, I try to keep an open mind where comedy is concerned, but this is just sick. It's a mean-spirited attack on a sitting President. They don't even have the decency to wait until he finishes his term in office. To give you an example, one of the first episodes features the cast torturing the cafeteria staff at the elementary school using the same frat crap used at Abu Ghraib. Why would the little scamps do this? Because the cafeteria served falafel. I like South Park as much as the next guy, but I'm not watching anything else on Comedy Central ever again.

On a side note, Comedy Central tried this once right after the 2000 election, and it fell flat. I thought they'd learned their lesson. Apparantly not.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/04/television.lilbush.reut/index.html

I'm just about to give up on TV. I stopped watching "Family Guy" when I realized all of their new episodes were liberal propoganda with occasional bits of comedy. Now, I'm going to stop watching Comedy Central because they're airing a highly offensive cartoon series portraying the Bush Administration as a bunch of spoiled elementary school students, and I'm going to have to stop watching the Simpsons because the same guy made both series. Now, I try to keep an open mind where comedy is concerned, but this is just sick. It's a mean-spirited attack on a sitting President. They don't even have the decency to wait until he finishes his term in office. To give you an example, one of the first episodes features the cast torturing the cafeteria staff at the elementary school using the same frat crap used at Abu Ghraib. Why would the little scamps do this? Because the cafeteria served falafel. I like South Park as much as the next guy, but I'm not watching anything else on Comedy Central ever again.

On a side note, Comedy Central tried this once right after the 2000 election, and it fell flat. I thought they'd learned their lesson. Apparantly not.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/04/television.lilbush.reut/index.html
You are aware that if Gore had won the 2000 elections, that we'd have had "That's my Gore!" instead of "That's my Bush!" That show was written by Matt and Trey of South Park and they voted for Bush, or they would.

As for the show itself, it might be funny and it might be bad. I've not heard anything about the new show yet. But, again, I bet if it were Clinton's administration, you'd enjoy it. ;)

You are aware that if Gore had won the 2000 elections, that we'd have had "That's my Gore!" instead of "That's my Bush!" That show was written by Matt and Trey of South Park and they voted for Bush, or they would.

As for the show itself, it might be funny and it might be bad. I've not heard anything about the new show yet. But, again, I bet if it were Clinton's administration, you'd enjoy it. ;)

Actually, I found many of the political cartoons of the day portraying Clinton as a drunken redneck to be in bad taste. I mean, at least wait until he's out of the White House.

Actually, I found many of the political cartoons of the day portraying Clinton as a drunken redneck to be in bad taste. I mean, at least wait until he's out of the White House.
Fair enough. I watched the little 5 minute clips on YouTube. They aren't that funny.

IF its funny, I'd laugh. But i don't find it funny.

I overlook Seth McFarlane's liberal views because the show (Family Guy and American Dad) is still funny to me. I mean he uses the dog and the Stoner teenage daughter as the voice of liberal reason. So i doubt his message has that much weight to it. The dog (Brian in Family Guy) comes off as a liberal talking point and the stoner daughter (American Dad) is a caricature of herself. I mean that alone is funny to me. Besides "sex in your Ear" is the shit, lol.

With comedy you have to have an open mind as most comedians are liberal. If its funny, its funny. But this "Lil Bush" looks retarded.

IF its funny, I'd laugh. But i don't find it funny.

I overlook Seth McFarlane's liberal views because the show (Family Guy and American Dad) is still funny to me. I mean he uses the dog and the Stoner teenage daughter as the voice of liberal reason. So i doubt his message has that much weight to it. The dog (Brian in Family Guy) comes off as a liberal talking point and the stoner daughter (American Dad) is a caricature of herself. I mean that alone is funny to me. Besides "sex in your Ear" is the shit, lol.

With comedy you have to have an open mind as most comedians are liberal. If its funny, its funny. But this "Lil Bush" looks retarded.

Actually, i think Family guy is often a liberal caricature. Take the "sex in your ear" episode. Meg (i think it was meg) is saying how they dont have sex ed in classes. and then Lois is like "Well if the school doesnt teach it who will?"

The way she said it made me think that they were making fun of liberal attitudes she was espousing there. I mean its obvious that if the schools dont teach it the parents would (and they should even if the schools do teach it). It just showed how assine her position was.

Of course, they may have been totally serious with that line. In which case, someone needs to point out that parents have been teaching children about sex long before schools existed.

Forum List

Back