Come to H-town, LEOs

freyasman

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2020
Texas
From the link;

"His announcement comes as reports surface in several cities around the country of officers leaving the force or retiring early amid budget cuts and a lack of support from community leaders.

TheBlaze reported Tuesday that officers in San Francisco are leaving the force at a record pace with many of them seeking jobs at different departments in the state and around the country.

Officers in Chicago are reportedly retiring at double the average rate, with 59 retiring in August and 51 more planning to retire in September. The mass exit is likely a result of continued violence in the city coupled with a lack of support for police from the city's leaders, such as Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot.

"Who wants to stay in this environment? If you have the ability to leave, there is no incentive to stay anymore," Fraternal Order of Police Union President John Catanzara said. "The mayor doesn't back us. If you have the financial ability to do so, I don't blame a single soul for leaving."

According to a recent report from the Denver Post, more than 200 officers have either resigned or retired in Colorado since Democratic Gov. Jared Polis enacted sweeping police reforms in mid-June.

Chief Acevedo should keep his phone handy, he may be getting calls soon."

Acevedo is a dick but we could use some new blood on the HPD; too many cliques now.

We don't need the quitters anyway they are the weak ones. We need the ones who know the law and don't break the law because cops won't arrest themselves, and we damn sure don't need sovereign citizens as cops.

We don't need the quitters anyway they are the weak ones. We need the ones who know the law and don't break the law because cops won't arrest themselves, and we damn sure don't need sovereign citizens as cops.
It goes beyond your answer, and I doubt you would understand.
Some have integrity, unlike the powers in their city, and refuse to put up with it.

Irony the one who supports the lawlessness calling cops who are tied down because of democrat leadership lawlessness. lol

Some have integrity, unlike the powers in their city, and refuse to put up with it.
i understand that a stupid cop started this whole mess by being a killer instead of a cop.

Irony the one who supports the lawlessness calling cops who are tied down because of democrat leadership lawlessness. lol
I don't support the lawlessness nor do I support cops that are lawless. Now, prove where I have said I support the lawlessness...Or stop trying to speak for other people it gets very tiring.

i understand that a stupid cop started this whole mess by being a killer instead of a cop.
So you just broadbrush all of them. Got it. idiot

I don't support the lawlessness nor do I support cops that are lawless. Now, prove where I have said I support the lawlessness...Or stop trying to speak for other people it gets very tiring.
You're a leftists the end

It's not a systemic problem, but your first post kinda leans like you think that.

So you just broadbrush all of them. Got it. idiot
If the shoe fits wear it

So what,I have values from both sides..So do you....

So what,I have values from both sides..So do you....
NO NOT EVEN CLOSE BUCKO

I think there are a lot of cities licking their chops at the possibility of getting
some experienced officers from the poorly run cities

It costs a lot of money to send a police officer to the Police Academy and get them trained. Really, it isn't just other cities, but smaller jurisdictions like township and villages and boroughs where it would really benefit. Its a lot bigger slice of the budget for a small town to train even a single officer.

I think there are a lot of cities licking their chops at the possibility of getting

It costs a lot of money to send a police officer to the Police Academy and get them trained. Really, it isn't just other cities, but smaller jurisdictions like township and villages and boroughs where it would really benefit. Its a lot bigger slice of the budget for a small town to train even a single officer.
Cops don't like to switch cities; even if they change departments they like to stay in the same general area because it takes time to learn who's who, and what's what in an area. And to be effective, you have to know who all the players are.
Most of the training is OJT.

Cops don't like to switch cities; even if they change departments they like to stay in the same general area because it takes time to learn who's who, and what's what in an area. And to be effective, you have to know who all the players are.
Most of the training is OJT.

That makes a lot of sense. So a Chicago police officer that quit would probably be more interested in moving to a suburban department near Chicago instead of traveling across the country.

Acevedo is an ass clown- and if any of the applicants have kept up he defended, in public, the cops who killed two innocent people, and their dog, on bogus information and now indicted for their criminal lack of conscience.
Yeah, I'd want to work for him. :rolleyes:

Acevedo is an ass clown- and if any of the applicants have kept up he defended, in public, the cops who killed two innocent people, and their dog, on bogus information and now indicted for their criminal lack of conscience.
Yeah, I'd want to work for him. :rolleyes:
Like I said, he's a dick.
But HPD did let that guy Goines do dirt for 30 years....... you can't tell me those other officers didn't know what sort of shit he was up to.
An influx of new officers might slow that shit down some, people aren't comfortable doing crime around folks they don't know if they can trust.

From the link;

"There will be sausage-making when the legislature convenes in January 2021. It’s impossible to predict at this point exactly what the law, if one passes, will look like. There may be more than one. Austin’s batty brand of leftism makes it a frequent target of the more conservative legislature. The lege will have more ideas for punishing it next year.

Former Travis County Sheriff Terry Keel, for instance, has proposed taking APD away from the city entirely and putting it under the state Department of Public Safety. Former Mayor Lee Leffingwell has endorsed Flannigan’s opponent in November, Mackenzie Kelly of Take Back Austin. Everyone seems to recognize that Austin has a problem, other than those elected to set budget and policy and the fringe activists they listen to.

Today’s move by the state’s top leaders suggests they have a galvanizing issue at a time when they might have gone into session more divided. Austin’s move has probably taken Texas off the map for the Democrats in the upcoming presidential election.

“Don’t mess with Texas” extends to keeping the peace in its communities, and no Democrat here or anywhere else has shown the wisdom to stand up for that. Beto O’Rourke is the face of the Biden campaign here, and he’s now among the least popular pols in the state, wildly out of touch after failing to finish the first lap in his run for the White House.

If Austin were a bar crawler on its infamous Sixth Street, the governor and the rest of Texas just put a hand on its shoulder and said, “Austin, you’re drunk. Give us the keys so we can get you home safely.”

But HPD did let that guy Goines do dirt for 30 years
Kim Ogg got him- she's not a member of the HPD

The HPD is as corrupt as any and Acevedo is at the top, where the buck allegedly stops- IF it were a recognized problem an honorable "dept" or its leader would not have let it happen. Houston, for the most part, in the past, has been pretty good- so we thought. It has to make a curious person wonder though. It also would make me, if I were an applicant, ask the questions vs the interviewer whose job is to sell the organization.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back