Come Celebrate The TRUE Meaning Of Christmas This Week In My Twenty-Five Days Till Christmas Thread

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Normally I don't try too hard to get people to come to my threads,.. but this week is a bit different because this week focuses on what Christmas should actually be about. Being thankful for what we have and helping out those less fortunate than us. It isn't all about the presents or the lights or the Christmas specials, it's about what's inside your heart and that feeling that Christmas gives us can last throughout the year. For when you give, you receive more than you ever thought you would. :)

Being thankful for what we have and helping out those less fortunate than us

My mind goes back to when i was a younger man, and like many volunteered to the local Fire Dept. We would pull 'sleeper' duty, meaning you slept at the station, slid down the pole, and first truck out.

As luck would have it, i spent xmas eve on duty, the call came in for a structure fire, we were mutual aid. So off we went, like the lord's own hammer......to an orphanage fully involved.

We all fought it best we could, and then some, but the hardest part was looking those kids in the eye, kids who had nothing the day before, and even less after their tree , presents, and only existence they knew lay before them in a burnt wet pile

I mean, we had folks pulling their cars over watching.....in tears....

Mitigating fire takes a while, there are hours and hours of of finding hot spots, salvage work, etc.....

But then folks started showing up, some man was running a BBQ, a gaggle of women with blankets...... the red cross........ the churches emptied on out .......an entire community rolled on out, everything from rednecks on up to the holier than thou elites came together for the kids

It was, the best xmas eve ever......

~S~

Forum List

Back