Comcastaways...WTF is Going On?

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Shakeup at ‘The View’: Rosie O’Donnell Leaving the Show Shakeup at 8216 The View 8217 Rosie O 8217 Donnell Leaving the Show TVWeek

Jon Stewart Leaving the Daily Show: Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show The Verge

Brian Williams suspended for 6 months at NBC http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/11/b...uspended-by-nbc-news-for-six-months.html?_r=0

WTF? Is this some type of voodoo hex placed on Comcast? Or is the trifecta desertion/suspension/self-implosion arising from other natural causes?

What type of pressures are there, if any, at Comcast? One thing I noticed immediately upon Comcast buying the networks and becoming overlord to them was a certain and discernable change in the Daily Show host's demeanor...on a certain subject... He became less and less funny; more and more of a political activist. Of course that is the Swansong for a comedian's career the minute he becomes a fanatic for any political viewpoint. And of course O'Donnel is divorcing "her wife"; which may be the cause of the stress she cites for leaving the View. Brian Williams, was he too getting walking orders to embellish to boost ratings? Impossible to say.

Just my musings, but seriuosly, I'd really like to know what the hell is going on here. Surely I'm not the only person in the world wondering why this company's best and brightest are imploding for all the world to see all within what, like 72 hours of each other?

*waits for the "nothing to see here, it's all just a coincidence, you're crazy, move-along" crowd to show up and spam the thread, smoothing over the wrinkles*

Can a woman divorce a wife? I wonder if the canned legal forms will all have to be re-written to straighten out this whole men marrying men women marrying women fad.

Can a woman divorce a wife? I wonder if the canned legal forms will all have to be re-written to straighten out this whole men marrying men women marrying women fad.
Yeah, after decades fighting for the right to marry, The Gay Agenda™ will move on to fight for the right to divorce.

"Oops. We forgot to ask for that, and now I'm trapped with this bitch for life!"

Did Comcast announce a pay freeze? Layoffs? Union issues? Seriously, I want to know.

Did Comcast announce a pay freeze? Layoffs? Union issues? Seriously, I want to know.
I don't think Comcast owns ABC or Comedy Central.

List of assets owned by Comcast - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Comedy Central is owned by Viacom, which is in alliance with Comcast:
Dec 19, 2003
Viacom and Comcast Sign Multi-Year Affiliation Agreement
Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) and Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) today announced a multi-year agreement that provides for the long-term carriage of Viacom's cable television networks, for new video on demand (VOD) products for Comcast subscribers, and for analog and digital retransmission consent to Comcast systems for Viacom television stations. Viacom and Comcast Sign Multi-Year Affiliation Agreement

From the looks of things, if Viacom doesn't fall in line, it's a bit...um...vulnerable...to Comcast's whims?

John did the Daily Show for 15 years, he is probably ready to move on, Rosie, she's flippant and leaves shows left and right...

In this painting commemorating the founding of Comcast, the circled woman is actually an ALIEN! :eek:

Conspiracy_Theory_-_5.jpg

Rosie is leaving because she is getting divorced from her wife.
Jon retired.
Brian was caught lying.
Not a big deal, it just happened around the same time.

Forum List

Back