Columbus Day abolished

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
9 cities abolish Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day in many cites.
They are replacing it with Indigenous People's Day.
They are saying that Columbus came to America to murder the natives.
Columbus came to the western hemisphere by accident.
He didn't come here to commit genocide.
We need to be honest about this.
The real reason why the Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day is to pacify the racist Democrat Voters who hate White People.
If they want to ADD an Indigenous People's holiday that is fine.
Add the holiday in the spring when there are very few holidays.
Holidays are good for our economy.

The real reason why the Left Wingers are abolishing Columbus Day is to pacify the racist Democrat Voters who hate White People.

That's true, he didn't sail out to commit genocide. That was an afterthought when the opportunity presented itself.

He sailed for personal gain, shilling for the Spanish crown and the Church. And when he got to what he thought must be India (tip: don't buy a GPS named "Columbus"), he quickly tried to enslave the "Indians", sent them out to find gold in a place that didn't have any and cut off their hands when they came back without it, took well over a thousand by force and shipped them to Spain, selling the survivors of the voyage as slaves "in the name of the Holy Trinity", sliced random pieces of flesh off them just to test their sword sharpening, hung them, hunted them down and burned them alive.

FFS I don't know why we don't have a Charles Manson day too. Nomsayin'? We could do it in the Spring when there are few holidays. Good for the economy and shit.

Say, I wonder if Amherst Massachusetts has a Columbus Day... :eusa_think:

That's true, he didn't sail out to commit genocide. That was an afterthought when the opportunity presented itself.

He sailed for personal gain, shilling for the Spanish crown and the Church. And when he got to what he thought must be India (tip: don't buy a GPS named "Columbus"), he quickly tried to enslave the "Indians", sent them out to find gold in a place that didn't have any and cut off their hands when they came back without it, took well over a thousand by force and shipped them to Spain, selling the survivors of the voyage as slaves "in the name of the Holy Trinity", sliced random pieces of flesh off them just to test their sword sharpening, hung them, hunted them down and burned them alive.

FFS I don't know why we don't have a Charles Manson day too. Nomsayin'? We could do it in the Spring when there are few holidays. Good for the economy and shit.

thanks for proving the point

Found my own answer. They do not. Scuttled it three years ago.

But they still have the name Amherst.

More...

>> The states of Florida,[32] Hawaìi,[33][34] Alaska,[35][36] Vermont,[37] South Dakota,[38] New Mexico,[39]and Maine[40] do not recognize ["Columbus Day"] and have each replaced it with celebrations of Indigenous People's Day (in Hawaii, Discoverers' Day, in South Dakota, Native American Day[31]). Columbus Day also competes with Leif Erikson Day. ... In the state of Oregon, Columbus Day is not an official holiday.[42]

Iowa and Nevada do not celebrate Columbus Day as an official holiday, but the states' respective governors are "authorized and requested" by statute to proclaim the day each year.[43] Several states have removed the day as a paid holiday for state government workers, while still maintaining it—either as a day of recognition, or as a legal holiday for other purposes, including California and Texas.[44][45][46][47][48]

U.S. cities that officially eschew Columbus Day to celebrate Indigenous Peoples' Day, began with Berkeley, California in 1992 and, as of 2018, include Austin, Boise, Cincinnati, Denver, Los Angeles, Mankato, Minnesota, Portland (Oregon), San Francisco, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Seattle, St. Paul, Tacoma, and "dozens of others."[30][49][50][51][45][52][53][54][55][56][57] Columbus, Ohio has chosen to honor veterans instead of Christopher Columbus, and removed Columbus Day as a city holiday. Various tribal governments in Oklahoma designate the day as Native American Day, or name it after their own tribe.[58] << (Wiki)​

No new holidays! Think of all the government workers that get paid for doing nothing and then they get paid for an additional day off for free.

From the OP link:

>> “Then there is a large population of Italian Americans who for some reason align themselves with this idea of Columbus being an Italian American,” said Matias. “He never made it out of the Caribbean, and was sent back to face charges. So even then Columbus was seen as a criminal who filled his ships with rapists, murders and thieves. We are hoping to generate some interest that Columbus is not a great representative. I always say they should have Frank Sinatra Day.” <<​

I've noticed this too, the bizarre contrivance that "b-but but Columbus was Italian" as if it had something to do with the price of eggs in Genoa --- in spite of the fact that he was working for Spain, not Italy, which didn't even exist at the time, so he had literally nothing to do with Italianism.

The choice of Frank Sinatra at the end is equally bizarro. I'm sure Galileo and DaVinci are most amuserated by that.

From the OP link:

>> “Then there is a large population of Italian Americans who for some reason align themselves with this idea of Columbus being an Italian American,” said Matias. “He never made it out of the Caribbean, and was sent back to face charges. So even then Columbus was seen as a criminal who filled his ships with rapists, murders and thieves. We are hoping to generate some interest that Columbus is not a great representative. I always say they should have Frank Sinatra Day.” <<​

I've noticed this too, the bizarre contrivance that "b-but but Columbus was Italian" as if it had something to do with the price of eggs in Genoa --- in spite of the fact that he was working for Spain, not Italy, which didn't even exist at the time, so he had literally nothing to do with Italianism.

The choice of Frank Sinatra at the end is equally bizarro. I'm sure Galileo and DaVinci are most amuserated by that.
Abolishing Columbus Day is not really about hating Columbus, it is about hating white people.

ColumbusDay.jpg

From the OP link:

Abolishing Columbus Day is not really about hating Columbus, it is about hating white people.

I know of no evidence that Columbus "hated white people". Feel free to link that. Dood's building up quite a resume but there's always room for more.

I mean, you could make the case that he hated red people........

From the OP link:

I know of no evidence that Columbus "hated white people". Feel free to link that. Dood's building up quite a resume but there's always room for more.

I mean, you could make the case that he hated red people........
no, it is about today's left wingers hating white people
democrat racisttrdhfgjlhklhlj.jpg

I'm impressed that he slapped a picture of Columbus on there instead of Hitler.
Until now, I had no idea Columbus was gender neutral...but it seems like Europe was more easy going about shit like that then the bible beltish kinda peeps

I'm not sure I've ever seen fingers that long, anywhere. Maybe they stretch from cutting Indians' hands off :dunno:

I'm impressed that he slapped a picture of Columbus on there instead of Hitler.
Until now, I had no idea Columbus was gender neutral...but it seems like Europe was more easy going about shit like that then the bible beltish kinda peeps

I'm not sure I've ever seen fingers that long, anywhere.
And unless he waxed his chest hairs or something...there's not a shot he's an italian with that baby bare blankskin

The Europeans in the new world were not out for Genocide, but for Exploitation. The same exploitation used by any more advanced or powerful civilization at the time used on less powerful or advanced civilization.

Europeans at the time were also exploiting each other, and fighting each other. The litany of "X years war" or the "war of the fill in the blank succession" shows their ability to fight even themselves.

Stop lowering the bar for genocide to suit your current political interests.

Forum List

Back