Columbine survivor on guns? She wants armed staff in public schools....you know, she survived a shooting so she actually has experience in this

I think the key to keeping the schools safe is metal detectors and searches of the students when they come into the school.

Like they do in federal courthouses and US penitentiaries.

Shouldn't we treat the safety of our children as seriously as we do our bureaucrats and convicted child molesters doing time?

I think another key is just being aware of your own kids......and the teachers need to let people know when they have a problem child.........

And get rid of gun free school zones......

It's not likely to happen in the immediate future, but the idea has been born at least. Now it will be interesting to hear if it has any real support?
Armed faculty/staff/administration in schools, and armed guards in schools, is nothing new.

1642301255618.png

Yes, there could be an increased threat from teachers carrying guns who aren't reliably of sound mind. And of course there would be no way of screening them out due to pressure from the pro-gun side.
And the guns getting into the hands of the children is also another real threat.

Another objection that should be raised is the possibility of an armed guard being so easily overcome by a potential shooter by a knife or a club and then the guard's gun be used by the potential shooter.

The case in a nutshell: Where there are guns there is going to be a possiblility of shootings.
Where there are no guns there is no possibility of shootings.
Owning a gun, does not mean you can bring the gun to school. You would think the schools would know which of their teachers own guns and which are stable.

Owning a gun, does not mean you can bring the gun to school. You would think the schools would know which of their teachers own guns and which are stable.
You would think that unstable people would be stopped from owning guns, but you would be wrong. The pro-gunners don't want to have them known.

A woman who survived the Columbine school shooting....wants armed staff or police in schools.....

So...anti-gun extremists......here we have an actual survivor of an actual school shooting.....she understands guns save lives....

When asked how she now feels about training staff and students for active shooter situations, Noble didn’t hesitate. “Absolutely, it’s necessary. As much as it breaks my heart, my children, who are now 13 and 10, have had that training,” said Noble. “I also have a sometimes unpopular opinion. I believe if a teacher or administrator has a concealed carry license and is properly trained, they should be able to carry within the school.”
======

From the rest of the column...

I would add, however, that along with these ideas, we should also remember that in the vast majority of attacks the perpetrator told someone of their plans beforehand. Acting on that information is another key component of preventing these attacks, albeit one that relies on functioning educational, mental health, and criminal justice systems. If those systems are set up to ignore or downplay risks (as we saw in the shootingin Parkland, Florida, for example), innocent lives are lost in attacks that were entirely preventable.

Evidence, you can't fix stupid.

I sincerely hope, those who get shot down in shootings and mass shootings, are gun nuts.

Evidence, you can't fix stupid.

I sincerely hope, those who get shot down in shootings and mass shootings, are gun nuts.

Mass public shootings in 2021.....

6, only one of them was a mass school shooting

Number killed.....43 ( 4 students or staff of a school were part of that total.)

Population of the United States...

Over 330 million.

So...doofus.......6 people out of 330 million in 2021 committed mass public shootings.....

Can you understand how small a number that is?

Number of people killed...total?

Lawn mowers kill between 90-100 people every single year.

Deer kill 200 people a year.

Ladders kill 300 people every year.

Cars killed 39,107

Trying to use mass public shootings and mass school shootings is just stupid....

There are over 600 million guns in this country, and over 21.5 million Americans can legally carry guns in public for self defense....

6 people out of 330 million committed the illegal act of a mass public shooting... one attacked a school....

This is why we think people like you are stupid.

Mass public shootings in 2021.....

6, only one of them was a mass school shooting

Number killed.....43 ( 4 students or staff of a school were part of that total.)

Population of the United States...

Over 330 million.

So...doofus.......6 people out of 330 million in 2021 committed mass public shootings.....

Can you understand how small a number that is?

Number of people killed...total?

Lawn mowers kill between 90-100 people every single year.

Deer kill 200 people a year.

Ladders kill 300 people every year.

Cars killed 39,107

Trying to use mass public shootings and mass school shootings is just stupid....

There are over 600 million guns in this country, and over 21.5 million Americans can legally carry guns in public for self defense....

6 people out of 330 million committed the illegal act of a mass public shooting... one attacked a school....

This is why we think people like you are stupid.
I sincerely hope those that get shot are the gun nuts.

Indications are that the Columbine shooters were routinely doped up by the system and the teachers union with mood altering drugs that have powerful and often negative effect on adolescent minds. Prescription behavior modification drugs advertised on T.V.today come with a warning of "suicidal thoughts" in adults but the media was more interested in the firearms issue than the criminal use of prescription drugs by the school administration often without the consent of parents.

A woman who survived the Columbine school shooting....wants armed staff or police in schools.....

So...anti-gun extremists......here we have an actual survivor of an actual school shooting.....she understands guns save lives....

When asked how she now feels about training staff and students for active shooter situations, Noble didn’t hesitate. “Absolutely, it’s necessary. As much as it breaks my heart, my children, who are now 13 and 10, have had that training,” said Noble. “I also have a sometimes unpopular opinion. I believe if a teacher or administrator has a concealed carry license and is properly trained, they should be able to carry within the school.”
======

From the rest of the column...

I would add, however, that along with these ideas, we should also remember that in the vast majority of attacks the perpetrator told someone of their plans beforehand. Acting on that information is another key component of preventing these attacks, albeit one that relies on functioning educational, mental health, and criminal justice systems. If those systems are set up to ignore or downplay risks (as we saw in the shootingin Parkland, Florida, for example), innocent lives are lost in attacks that were entirely preventable.

Just one armed person could have saved many lives, maybe even all of them.

Gun-free zones like schools guarantee more deaths.

If said "gun nuts" are allowed to be armed, they won't. You can bet your limey, British, 0-2 vs. America ass on that one.

(if enough of you communist brits take over that wretched country, we may need to make it 0-3)

If said "gun nuts" are allowed to be armed, they won't. You can bet your limey, British, 0-2 vs. America ass on that one.

(if enough of you communist brits take over that wretched country, we may need to make it 0-3)
Just like the armed off duty cop looking at house buying who was shot and killed by muggers.

Me thinks you need to try again.

Forum List

Back