Colts Fans Have Beef with Steak 'n Shake Ad

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Colts Fans May Have A Beef with Steak n Shake Ad
By John Russell, The Indianapolis Star
November 16, 2006

Thousands of Indianapolis residents doubtlessly will do a double-take this week when they open the mail to find out their hometown Steak n Shake restaurant is "a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys."

That's quite a public-relations pickle for the Indianapolis-based restaurant chain, especially as the Colts and Cowboys gear up to play this Sunday in Dallas.

The company, known for its steakburgers and milkshakes, inadvertently sent a mailer promoting its "Cowboys side-by-side milkshake" to more than 600,000Indianapolis residents. It was intended for the Dallas market. Some were mailed in Chicago and St. Louis.

Steak n Shake, which sponsors the Colts and the Cowboys, apologized Wednesday. "We feel just terrible," said Steven Schiller, chief marketing officer. "We sponsor only two teams. They just happened to be playing each other this weekend. We obviously messed up, and we hope Colts fans will be understanding."

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006611160474

I really miss the Steak an Shake restaurant.....
Grew up with them in Illinois.
Same for White Castle.

We don't have them up here in Alaska..

Colts and Dallas??

Go Denver Broncos......:tongue1:

I really miss the Steak an Shake restaurant.....
Grew up with them in Illinois.
Same for White Castle.

We don't have them up here in Alaska..

We have more than enough of each here. Too bad I can't fly the excess up to you. :tng:

Colts and Dallas?? Go Denver Broncos....[/QUOTE]

:thumbdown:

GO COLTS!!!! Manning, Harrison & Co. will find a way to get the job done.

I like most of the food at Steak and Shake, but the closest one to me has terrible service. I usually just go to the Fudruckers down the street instead.

Nope, that didn't work at all for me in the way I had hoped. :tng: All good things come to an end, as the saying goes. However, before the game was actually played, I’ll bet even you were not sure that the Colts wouldn’t find a way to come out of Dallas with a win.

Nope, that didn't work at all for me in the way I had hoped. :tng: All good things come to an end, as the saying goes. However, before the game was actually played, I’ll bet even you were not sure that the Colts wouldn’t find a way to come out of Dallas with a win.

I haven't watched a game this year. The Colts were favored. I expected them to win.

Having said that, the Cowboys have always had talent, minus a year or two here and there. Very few years have they been just total write-offs. One reason why people either love them or hate them. They can play with anyone.

No matter who the owner, coach and/or players are, the Cowboys have always maintained the propensity to choke. Superbowl IV comes to mind. Just consider this payback.:poke:

Forum List

Back