COLORADO KIDS PAY a big price for the DECISION TO LEGALIZE MARIJUANA

Well that has to be the most stupid ass study in a long time..

Soooooooo they think we were never smoking weed before it became legal?

Yeah, we were. And some of us have had to live with these consequences for 50 years while those like you refuse to accept that these problems are very real and very crippling.

?

I call B.S. but what do I know since I switched to cocaine for like 10 years.

It has been found scientifically that the marijuana of today is 100s times stronger that what it was back in the 1970' and 1980's. If you are dumb enough to smoke it, then you deserve to be a idiot, which is exactly what the Dimwitocraps want from their constituents. You dont find many "rich" people smoking pot, usually you see, has been athletes and retarded movie stars, and many liberals on welfare..

Potent Pot: Marijuana Is Stronger Now Than It Was 20 Years Ago
When a person smokes marijuana with lower doses of THC, "it is a pleasant feeling; it is the munchies, the happiness," ElSohly told Live Science. But smoking marijuana with high doses of THC may involve a higher risk of negative health effects, such as psychosis or panic attacks, he said.
No it wasn't and Thai Stick was great, then there was rocket fuel weed and well you get the idea..If you were not around it through the decades you don't know that High Times magazine sold a THC pot enhancing unit for home use....

Never had Thai stick heard about it, but seemed complicated to make and never seen it around in Chicago.

It has been found scientifically that the marijuana of today is 100s times stronger that what it was back in the 1970' and 1980's. If you are dumb enough to smoke it, then you deserve to be a idiot, which is exactly what the Dimwitocraps want from their constituents. You dont find many "rich" people smoking pot, usually you see, has been athletes and retarded movie stars, and many liberals on welfare..

When a person smokes marijuana with lower doses of THC, "it is a pleasant feeling; it is the munchies, the happiness," ElSohly told Live Science. But smoking marijuana with high doses of THC may involve a higher risk of negative health effects, such as psychosis or panic attacks, he said.
No it wasn't and Thai Stick was great, then there was rocket fuel weed and well you get the idea..If you were not around it through the decades you don't know that High Times magazine sold a THC pot enhancing unit for home use....

Never had Thai stick heard about it, but seemed complicated to make and never seen it around in Chicago.

The stuff called wax, shatter or dabs is heated marijuana under pressure squeezing out the THC from the flower. Hash was made by separation by chemicals or cooking by boiling....

Last edited:

Yeah, we were. And some of us have had to live with these consequences for 50 years while those like you refuse to accept that these problems are very real and very crippling.

?

Why do you insist on not accepting the empirical?

The stuff called wax, shatter or dabs is heated marijuana under pressure squeezing out the THC from the flower. Hash was made by separation by chemicals or cooking by boiling....

Oh I thought someone told me you needed a 55 gallon drum of a bunch of chemicals (I forgot) dip something in...

Maybe I was stoned when someone told me it...lol

There is no price too high to pay to get high. Especially if someone else's children is paying the price.

?

I had an epiphany just yesterday on what you said. I who have enlightened myself and am now doing very well, when with my skills started doing building maintenance work, in a multi million dollar building, and have now retired early with a 1/2 million dollar stipend of dividends coming in, because I didnt dumb myself down with chemicals to try to make myself happy. I enjoy life without the mind altering drugs, while you, have to have that chemical stimulant just to survive the day. That is what makes you and me very different, and I dont feel sorry for you, because that was your "choice".

The returns are in on Colorado’s decision to legalize marijuana: (1) Large amounts of money are being made thanks to legalization, privately and by the state; (2) “horrible things are happening to kids.”

The quotation is from psychiatrist Libby Stuyt. She treats teens in southwestern Colorado and has studied the health effects of high-potency marijuana. Stuyt says: “I see increased problems with psychosis, with addiction, with suicide, with depression and anxiety” stemming from legalization in the state.

Stuyt’s report won’t surprise anyone who has read Alex Berensen’s book Tell Your Children, which I discussed here. Berensen noted that over the past few decades, studies around the globe have found that THC, the active compound in cannabis, is strongly linked to psychosis, schizophrenia, and violence. He interviewed far-flung researchers who have documented the contribution of THC to serious mental illness.

Now, are we seeing these effects in Colorado. Libby Stuyt’s report from ground zero is bolstered by data. The Washington Post informs us that in the Denver area, visits to Children’s Hospital Colorado facilities for treatment of cyclic vomiting, paranoia, psychosis and other acute cannabis-related symptoms jumped to 777 in 2015, from 161 in 2005. The increase was most notable in the years following legalization of medical sales in 2009 and retail use in 2014.

As a reward for jeopardizing the mental health of its young people, Colorado is bringing in large sums of tax revenue. According to the Washington Post, in 2018 $1.54 billion in sales produced $266 million in fees, licenses, and taxes. The marijuana industry made out like bandits too.

No politician will admit that the financial benefits of legalizing marijuana are worth significant increases in psychosis, depression, and suicide, coupled with decreased ability to perform and learn in school. However, that’s the trade-off many of them support — not just Democrats but also Republicans like Sen. Cory Gardner.

Money talks. The pursuit of it, and the power it confers, often overrides concerns over public health. It does, at any rate, in this case.

UPDATE: Our friend Seth Leibsohn disagrees with my statement that the state of Colorado is making a large amount of money thanks to the legalization of marijuana. He points out that Colorado’s budget is more than $30 billion dollars, meaning that the $266 million the state is taking in due to marijuana legalization is less than one percent of its budget.

Seth has a point.

Colorado kids pay big price for state's decision to legalize marijuana [UPDATED]

Just another piece in the puzzle of how to destroy America....let the party of INFANTICIDE rule over the country..... you saw what the dope smoking Surrender Monkey did, let's put that on steroids!

It's like abortion. Sure, it's murdering your kids, but it is a billion dollar industry and the mother saves a boat load of money.

And as you also point, out, the state is making a "killing" as well.

A similar thing happened to the Jews in Nazi Germany. They just took their gold and sent them all off to die.

Deleuze and Guattari on the Drug Assemblage

'You will not avoid hallucinations, erroneous perceptions, shameless phantasies, or bad feelings, like so many black holes on the plane of consistency, because your conscious will also go in that booby-trapped direction. Michaux: You will no longer be master of your speeds, you will get stuck in a mad race between the imperceptible and perception, a race all the more circular now that everything is relative. You will be full of yourself, you will lose control, you will be on a plane of consistency, in a body without organs but at a place where you will always botch them, empty them, undo what you do, meaningless rags. These words are so much simpler than "erroneous perceptions" (Artaud) of "bad feelings (Michaux) but say the most technical of things: that the immanent molecular and perceptive causality of desire fails in the drug assemblage; a segmentarity all the more rigid for being marginal, a territorialization all the more artificial for being based on chemical substances, hallucinatory forms, and phantasy subjectifications. Drug users thought that drugs would grant them the plane (of consistency), when in fact, the plane must instill its own drugs, remaining master of speeds and proximities.'
(A Thousand Plateaus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia)

There is a difference, then, in how hormone- and information-compromised teens react in comparison to older adults. OP's report is an intelligence about teens. duh

Forum List

Back