Colorado baker told to bake that cake

Bullshit.

Really? Can't read your WaPo, but Blaster's link makes plain that their simply being "Conservative" was not the issue. They even offered to sit down with them and talk it all out so as to prevent such an occurrence again. What would be the right way to go about it?

However, the restaurant added, “We have always refused service to anyone for making our staff feel uncomfortable and unsafe and this was the driving force behind our decision.”

This was all before they had ever set foot in the door. As the business owner I would have found a gay waiter to wait on them and if they said one disparaging thing at all to my waiter, then took action.

However, the restaurant added, “We have always refused service to anyone for making our staff feel uncomfortable and unsafe and this was the driving force behind our decision.”

This was all before they had ever set foot in the door. As the business owner I would have found a gay waiter to wait on them and if they said one disparaging thing at all to my waiter, then took action.
Quit acting like a child.

So it would just be their word against the waiter's or would the waiter be wearing a wire?

Yes, I disagree with cancelling them without ever having met them.
That doesn't follow. The staff would not be made uncomfortable had they no prior knowledge of this bunch. Makes sense to presume they knew them from prior experience, local news coverage, or discussion with peers working elsewhere.

That doesn't follow. The staff would not be made uncomfortable had they no prior knowledge of this bunch. Makes sense to presume they knew them from prior experience, local news coverage, or discussion with peers working elsewhere.

I get that they feel uncomfortable. It's sad a group would send off that vibe. A group that should have the intention of drawing people to them.

So, given they knew them, allowing them in could easily be inviting a lawsuit test case. Once in the door, they're more obliged to serve them.

So, given they knew them, allowing them in could easily be inviting a lawsuit test case. Once in the door, they're more obliged to serve them.

They should serve them. If the patrons start trouble, there is no lawsuit to be had against the restaurant.

"......one must realize that folks who worship a god that sends people to eternal damnation in the fires of hell for baking a sweet cake, ain't really folks who can be reasoned with......"
------------------------------------------------
I appreciate the mention!
--------------------------------------------------------
Gladly.
You're welcome.

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.

Nope.....this is a free country, unlike Britain......the Freedom of Religion is why our Founders left your tiny island. If adulterors had a party, he wouldn't bake a cake for that either, you dumb shit.

Fascists like you turn my stomach.....the death, chaos and ruin you create just never stops.

Forum List

Back