Colorado baker told to bake that cake

You really should read the law before commenting then.

Obergfell made same sex marriage legal Timmy. Not gay marriage. Gays have married as long as marriage existed. They just had to marry gays of the opposite sex.

Same sex does not discriminate based on sexuality. That would be against the law.
Sorry, Timmy.
The 5–4 ruling requires all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and the Insular Areas to perform and recognize the marriages of same-sex couples on the same terms and conditions as the marriages of opposite-sex couples, with all the accompanying rights and responsibilities.
You really should read the law before commenting. Oh, and here's a little hint for ya. Same sex couples? They're quite often gay. Not necessarily.. but likely.

Last edited:
You really should read the law before commenting then.

Obergfell made same sex marriage legal Timmy. Not gay marriage. Gays have married as long as marriage existed. They just had to marry gays of the opposite sex.

Same sex does not discriminate based on sexuality. That would be against the law.
Nie, no clearer. Are you making this up ?

This has been a kinda fun thread & topic to bangboard around for the last couple of days. I call it the 'Marie Antoinette Snit' ("let them eat cake"....“).

But the game grows tired. The ground thin.
I applaud the patience and earnestness of all of those posters who offered reasoned....and sometimes less-than-reasoned...pushback on poor posters Norm and BFilter, but.....

........but there comes a time when one must realize that folks who worship a god that sends people to eternal damnation in the fires of hell.....for baking a sweet cake, ain't really folks who can be reasoned with.

"Qu’ils mangent de la brioche"

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.
/----/ "They make me sick to my stomach."
We understand straights have that affect on you.
BTW: Any fake outrage over this:

This has been a kinda fun thread & topic to bangboard around for the last couple of days. I call it the 'Marie Antoinette Snit' ("let them eat cake"....“).

I applaud the patience and earnestness of all of those posters who offered reasoned....and sometimes less-than-reasoned...pushback on poor posters Norm and BFilter, but.....

........but there comes a time when one must realize that folks who worship a god that sends people to eternal damnation in the fires of hell.....for baking a sweet cake, ain't really folks who can be reasoned with.

/----/ Go to a gay baker (Yes they actually exist) and order a sweet cake with this inscribed in bold letters. Tell us what happens.
Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

They said the same of the same sex cake case. Didn’t end that way Joe. He just doesn’t offer the product.

Oh, and Joe, Murder is not nearly the same as not offering a product for sale.

I have a hard time imagining a custom cake baker doesn't offer a pink cake with blue icing.

"......order a sweet cake with this inscribed in bold letters. Tell us what happens."
---------------------------------------------
Ummm?
Why would I do that?
I really ain't a big cake fan.
Have never ever ordered a 'cake' from a bake shop. Ever.
And see little reason to start now.*

----------
*Although, I do have a true story. That I tell frequently enough in 'cake' situations. It goes like this:

For a family birthday many years ago a good friend gave us --for the b'day party --- a red-velvet sheet cake she bought at a local big-box grocery.
It was awful. And little of it got eaten. So, the next day I placed it in one of the compost barrels at the farm....which was kind of full, so the cake sat right on top when I closed and fastened the lid.

Fast forward almost 5 months.....into June of the following year. We've returned from wintering in Sarasota and gone about our normal farm business without opening the barrel. It's 'compost'....let it rot in peace.

But the time comes to empty it and use the now decomposed compost in the garden.
So I open the lid......and that friggin' red velvet cake looks like I had placed it there an hour before!
It was pristine.....it was almost exactly like when I had placed it there 5 months earlier.

Moral: Cake ain't all that good for you. No matter who bakes it.

I appreciate the mention! Love it when a poster writes several hundred words when they could have just said……..

Norm’s right, lock the thread

as long as you aren't violating the law in the process, I have no problem with that.
Bad law when someone's rights are violated. So you support forced labor. I think that's unconstitutional. Better check that out.

That would be his business not yours

I was addressing the idea that he was asked to bake something he didn't bake. So we can move on from that. It's not that he doesn't make cakes, he chose not to.

---------------------------------------------
Ummm?
Why would I do that?
I really ain't a big cake fan.
Have never ever ordered a 'cake' from a bake shop. Ever.
And see little reason to start now.*

----------
*Although, I do have a true story. That I tell frequently enough in 'cake' situations. It goes like this:

For a family birthday many years ago a good friend gave us --for the b'day party --- a red-velvet sheet cake she bought at a local big-box grocery.
It was awful. And little of it got eaten. So, the next day I placed it in one of the compost barrels at the farm....which was kind of full, so the cake sat right on top when I closed and fastened the lid.

Fast forward almost 5 months.....into June of the following year. We've returned from wintering in Sarasota and gone about our normal farm business without opening the barrel. It's 'compost'....let it rot in peace.

But the time comes to empty it and use the now decomposed compost in the garden.
So I open the lid......and that friggin' red velvet cake looks like I had placed it there an hour before!
It was pristine.....it was almost exactly like when I had placed it there 5 months earlier.

Moral: Cake ain't all that good for you. No matter who bakes it.
/——/ My post was rhetorical, and I think you knew that. I’m guessing I’m spoiled living in New York with the best bakeries in the country. Even the supermarket bakeries are outstanding because they have to compete with the bakeries across the street.

Nie, no clearer. Are you making this up ?

Oh, and on top of that, the Supreme Court ruling in the Windsor case made marriage about benefits and property rights. No need for the concept of sexuality in that case either.

Google any states marriage application form and see if it requires the applicant to proclaim a sexuality. I’ll save you some time, none does.

There are restaurants that won't serve conservatives.
Bullshit.
And I would say the same thing. I understand they were simply trying to make a point, it wasn't their policy but IMO the wrong way to go around it.
Really? Can't read your WaPo, but Blaster's link makes plain that their simply being "Conservative" was not the issue. They even offered to sit down with them and talk it all out so as to prevent such an occurrence again. What would be the right way to go about it?

Forum List

Back