Collins wants republicans to vote for her but she wants the next SC pick to be democrat!?

Redcurtain

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2020
I’m truly dumbfounded that a woman who wants to win republican votes won’t vote to take control of the the most important seat to protect the Constitution.
she’s going to get smoked in Maine, I wouldn’t vote for that that fraud.

I’m truly dumbfounded that a woman who wants to win republican votes won’t vote to take control of the the most important seat to protect the Constitution.

Someone should sit down with Susan with a copy of the Constitution and show her a presidential term is four years, not three and a half as she mistakenly believes

• Banned
We need the seat!
879CB788-FE5B-48A4-9FD6-8264F91E0AED.jpeg

Collins will be forced to vote. If she votes against the nominee it won't get her any more votes. She is either going to win on not. So why would she not support a Conservative court justice even if she loses?

She's just trying to hold off the rabid media until the last moment.

• Banned

Collins will be forced to vote. If she votes against the nominee it won't get her any more votes. She is either going to win on not. So why would she not support a Conservative court justice even if she loses?

Does she think democrats will vote for her if she doesn’t vote? Is she this stupid?

No, she said nothing of the sort. She said she favors waiting until after the election to appoint a SC justice.

Someone should sit down with Susan with a copy of the Constitution and show her a presidential term is four years, not three and a half as she mistakenly believes
Right!? I mean January 20th

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Does she think democrats will vote for her if she doesn’t vote? Is she this stupid?

She's doing everything she can to hold on to her seat. Just a last ditch effort so she can seem to be sitting on the fence.

No, she said nothing of the sort. She said she favors waiting until after the election to appoint a SC justice.
Fine. Trump can nominate on Nov. 4th, the Senate can confirm on Dec. 15th.

What sense does that make? We have the opportunity to fill the seat with out a left wing activist

Where does she say she wants the next justice to be a Democrat?

By standing down, she may well end up granting them the chance down the road.

50/50 chance.

Watching MTP, and Bill Clinton, like others since Friday, brought up Lincoln.

Lincolns last Justice, Chase, was nominated, and appointed on December 6, 1964, a month after he was re-elected.

Trump can nominate, and the Senate can still get his pick approved, long before January 20th.

"President Trump has the constitutional authority to make a nomination to fill the Supreme Court vacancy, and I would have no objection to the Senate Judiciary Committee's beginning the process of reviewing his nominee's credentials."

" However, Collins did not explicitly say that she would not vote to confirm President Trump's nominee to the court if a vote was held before the election. As Republicans hold a narrow majority of 53 seats, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell could also afford to lose three votes and still confirm Mr. Trump's choice with Vice President Mike Pence breaking the tie. "

Let's not jump the shark here. She doesn't want the Senate to vote on a replacement SCOTUS justice until after election day, which I don't think there was enough time to get the nomination through the Judiciary Committee anyway. Don't forget, theses guys adjourn somewhere around 2 October, and nothing moves through the Senate that fast. Nothing said about Trump nominating somebody next week.

And she didn't say she would vote "NO", she only said she didn't want to hold the vote before Nov 3. If she says that then her base is gonna desert her and that seat will flip to the Dems. It's a close race and that might happen anyway, so politically I think she's saying exactly what she needs to say. And IMHO she's a woman of honor, so I think this is pretty much what she thinks is the right thing to say and do.

Forum List

Back