college study on Dr Seuss

They may have a point...

waiting-for-signals.png

But, instead of banning the study of Theodor Geisel, perhaps they should spend at least part of the class understanding why racism was an integral part of WWII propaganda ... ON ALL SIDES.

I really cant see whats racist in Dr Seuss. Its so hard finding any good childrens books actually. Dr Seuss has always been one of the bright spots compared to the worthless rubbish you often find.
I'm convinced these justice warriors, just dont like kids.

I believe they're referring to his work before he branched into children's literature.

They may have a point...

View attachment 462168

But, instead of banning the study of Theodor Geisel, perhaps they should spend at least part of the class understanding why racism was an integral part of WWII propaganda ... ON ALL SIDES.

Was that cartoon published before or after all the Japanese in California were rounded up and sent to "relocation camps"?

Sadly, COVID-19 has given the green light to unsavory characters to attack Asians nowadays.

To their credit, however, no media today would publish a cartoon blaming American Asians for the pandemic.

They may have a point...

View attachment 462168

UPDATE: De-facto president Quid Pro Joe Xiden has apparently cancelled Dr. Seuss because the CCP is offended by Mr. Geisel's caricatures of the Mongoloid race.

Biden removes mention of Dr. Seuss from 'Read Across America Day' (nypost.com)

Forum List

Back