College student faces potential disciplinary action over Trump photo, political Facebook post

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Three snips

A student at a New Jersey college is facing potential suspension after fellow students filed a report against him for a Facebook post he wrote after using a photo of President Trump as the background on a Zoom call. And now, a students' rights organization is calling on the university to withdraw the slew of charges it brought against him.

The school then received complaints saying that the Trump photo on the Zoom call made students "feel offended, disrespected, and taunted" and that the response to Dailyda's post made some students feel "concerned that Mr. Dailyda may have similar views and thoughts of violence."

I have gotten to the point that I have to say something. I love this country. We are a diverse, yet assimilated population from all backgrounds. I believe all must have the same opportunities and I commit to make that a priority," Dailyda said. "Beyond that, I am done with the leftist agenda of BLM and the white self haters. I have seen it in action in my doctoral classes at Stockton and the general media. I'm not backing down. If we can't get past this, ok, I'm ready to fight to the death for our county and against those that want to take it down. I believe there are also many like me."

You're right brother thier are many of us you are not alone ...the bad news no one is coming to save us ...
countryl8bertyordeTn.jpeg

Three snips

A student at a New Jersey college is facing potential suspension after fellow students filed a report against him for a Facebook post he wrote after using a photo of President Trump as the background on a Zoom call. And now, a students' rights organization is calling on the university to withdraw the slew of charges it brought against him.

The school then received complaints saying that the Trump photo on the Zoom call made students "feel offended, disrespected, and taunted" and that the response to Dailyda's post made some students feel "concerned that Mr. Dailyda may have similar views and thoughts of violence."

I have gotten to the point that I have to say something. I love this country. We are a diverse, yet assimilated population from all backgrounds. I believe all must have the same opportunities and I commit to make that a priority," Dailyda said. "Beyond that, I am done with the leftist agenda of BLM and the white self haters. I have seen it in action in my doctoral classes at Stockton and the general media. I'm not backing down. If we can't get past this, ok, I'm ready to fight to the death for our county and against those that want to take it down. I believe there are also many like me."

You're right brother thier are many of us you are not alone ...the bad news no one is coming to save us ...
View attachment 373952
Wow, he sounds like a wonderful kid. Colleges all over our country need more students like him. I have a feeling he was raised correctly, in a loving and caring home. Good for him for standing up for what he believes in.

It is an interesting situation...and a public university.

From another article: Stockton reviewing complaint against doctoral student who used Trump Zoom background

This is the kind of speech universities should be encouraging their students to express at institutions of higher education,” Greenberg said. “Their mission statements are to expand students’ world views to teach the widest variety of material. ... When these universities turn around and say, ‘We’re not going to tolerate different views,’ it’s a very chilling effect.”

Dailyda is the third Stockton student in the last few months to come under fire for controversial social media posts. In June, a nursing student issued a formal apology after a 5-year-old photo of her in “black face” with a racial slur written on her forehead surfaced. Because the incident occurred when she was a minor and not a student at Stockton, the university did not take disciplinary action against her.

At the same time, the college was investigating another student who posted on Twitter videos of rioters in Dallas stating that they should be “put down” and that “boy would get a 9mm down his throat.”

Other students had circulated screen shots of the posts and called for the student’s expulsion.

What strikes me is this: These other cases are things that occurred either in a students past or in their private lives...not academic lives...and they are facing expulsion?

None of this should end up in a disciplinary action.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back