College Football Is Back

I don't get college football. Why not just watch the pros? College is minor league stuff. GO COWBOYS!
College ball is better at times because of the excitement in the game.
Oregon vs Auburn was a great game that was decided with 2 seconds left. (Auburn won of course)

College ball is poorly executed. I’ll grant you it has pageantry, but the level of play is painful to watch at times.

I don't get college football. Why not just watch the pros? College is minor league stuff. GO COWBOYS!
Oregon vs Auburn was a great game that was decided with 2 seconds left. (Auburn won of course)
To me the quality of the football played is low. Any college team would get crushed by an NFL team, probably even by the shittier NFL teams as well.
I don't know......players in college tend to weigh more along the lines....in the pros...everyone has to be able to run.
In college not everyone can run.
I think Clemson could probably beat the NY Giants last year.

No they wouldn’t. There isn’t a college team out there that could even be on the same field as the worst NFL team. NFL teams are comprised of the very best 2% of all college players. The Giants were bad because they were playing against better NFL teams, they would destroy Clemson.

College ball is poorly executed. I’ll grant you it has pageantry, but the level of play is painful to watch at times.
At times......but football is really just a bunch of big guys pushing another bunch of slightly smaller guys down the field in hopes of scoring.
If you've ever been on a field during a game....it's sometimes pretty chaotic. For some reason....my opponents loved stepping on my feet with their cleats. When I got a handoff from the QB there was never a hole to run thru. Most of the time the play doesn't go as designed.....blockers simply get in the way of the defense and the RB has to be fast enough to keep from being killed. If I saw a hole a foot wide I was going to thru that sucker like light-speed and an arm tackle wasn't going to stop me.

In the pros....the running game is secondary. You have to be able to pass. Just running the ball is mostly impossible.

So you have to execute passes......which most college QBs can't do. They used to always do option plays. The option offense can kill a Defense that can't run. Pros are too fast for the option to work.

Tennessee's season is probably over already..

..kind of sums up yesterday's game.

69608119_10219975801685799_6570044196047028224_n.jpg

At times......but football is really just a bunch of big guys pushing another bunch of slightly smaller guys down the field in hopes of scoring.
If you've ever been on a field during a game....it's sometimes pretty chaotic. For some reason....my opponents loved stepping on my feet with their cleats. When I got a handoff from the QB there was never a hole to run thru. Most of the time the play doesn't go as designed.....blockers simply get in the way of the defense and the RB has to be fast enough to keep from being killed. If I saw a hole a foot wide I was going to thru that sucker like light-speed and an arm tackle wasn't going to stop me.

In the pros....the running game is secondary. You have to be able to pass. Just running the ball is mostly impossible.

So you have to execute passes......which most college QBs can't do. They used to always do option plays. The option offense can kill a Defense that can't run. Pros are too fast for the option to work.

Option offenses are boring to watch. If I’m a defensive coordinator against an option scheme, I’m blitzing every down & smacking the QB each time.

Option offenses are boring to watch. If I’m a defensive coordinator against an option scheme, I’m blitzing every down & smacking the QB each time.
That would be great....maybe they'd let someone else start besides that loser JG

They'd end up delaying a receiver. The screen will kill a blitzing defense.

michigan-smu-1458.jpg

Outside of Christmas....this is my favorite time of the year.
College Football is back.

The season has started....and before you know it, it will be over.
Hurricanes are heading toward Florida, the kids are back in school, and pretty soon Fall will be in the air.

What has changed is just about every team in college football has the talent to be able to make it a game.
Even Alabama had a rough time against Duke....for 3 quarters.

Tennessee was pathetic losing to Georgia State. Probably the worst loss in TN history. It used to be that teams were better because of recruiting, but because of the rules, good players are going to schools that normally couldn't get them before. So games are going to be more competitive.

alabama-footba-ll-2019-crimson-tide-schedule-aug-31-hoover-61912963.png
The SEC had a rough time yesterday.

Some did. 4 teams got waxed by smaller teams. But Auburn beat a higher ranked team. Alabama, Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and MS State all won their games.

One thing that makes sports interesting to watch is to have a vested interest in who wins. i usually don't give a shit who wins in pro football.

One thing that makes sports interesting to watch is to have a vested interest in who wins. i usually don't give a shit who wins in pro football.

Agreed. And the players have more enthusiasm, for the most part. Most of them will never play in the pros. Those who will are still trying to make their name.

OU is killing Houston. Jalen Hurts (built by Bama and a class act) has done great!

He is the starter for Oklahoma and has shown why. He is 20/23 passing for 332 yards and 3 TDs. He has also run for 176 yards and 3 TDs.

The score is 42-24, with 5:33 left in the game. Go Jalen!!

Oregon had that game. Also remember the play where Oregon came up a half yard short and the quarterback and the defesnive player's knees hit each other? That was the non play of the game. As it became 4th down and the back up QB had to come in because of an injury check. What makes it worse is the Oregon QB was not paying attention when the two players knees hit. SEC is tough.

Oregon had that game. Also remember the play where Oregon came up a half yard short and the quarterback and the defesnive player's knees hit each other? That was the non play of the game. As it became 4th down and the back up QB had to come in because of an injury check. What makes it worse is the Oregon QB was not paying attention when the two players knees hit. SEC is tough.

SEC teams can be tough as nails. And the defenses tend to be monsters. Look at what Jalen Hurts is doing for OU in the conference without defense.

Notre Dame pulls off the victory over Louisville. The fans of ND are now predicting an undefeated season and a playoff spot.

The best game this weekend? Clemson v. Texas A&M.

Vegas has the point spread too high. And I think Texas A&M could pull off the big upset.

The best game this weekend? Clemson v. Texas A&M.

Vegas has the point spread too high. And I think Texas A&M could pull off the big upset.
I thought the point spread was too high also, but it turned out 'bout right.

Maryland - Syracuse on the other hand...............

Today's game has me wondering about LSU's "injuries." There seem to be many in a short period of time when their opponent, Texas was hot and scoring points. These "injured players" appeared to have cramps and were fine in a matter of seconds, ready to go out on the field again.

I think any injured player should be watched for symptoms of serious injuries for at least 5 plays AT THE SIDELINE. If they seem better after that time, the coukd go back on the field.

Any thoughts?

Today's game has me wondering about LSU's "injuries." There seem to be many in a short period of time when their opponent, Texas was hot and scoring points. These "injured players" appeared to have cramps and were fine in a matter of seconds, ready to go out on the field again.

I think any injured player should be watched for symptoms of serious injuries for at least 5 plays AT THE SIDELINE. If they seem better after that time, the coukd go back on the field.

Any thoughts?

Heat related problems are fairly easily treated. But cramps can be impossible to play through. I don't think there is any need to micro-manage it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back