College Football Coach Fired for Criticism of Democrat on His Own Time

Would there be an issue with this being a public school firing someone over something they say? Yes it could be. It become less of an issue based upon what he said. A student would not be permitted to demean someone like he did either.

A student in a college would be able to, they are adults.
Employees often aren't allowed to keep their job if they embarrass their employer.

The employer in this case is a government run school, 1st amendment applies.
College coaches commonly have what is known as a "morals clause", or a "personal conduct clause" in their contract. It's just a quick means to dump the coach if he embarrasses the school. The article doesn't say anything about this particular coach's clause.

I'm sure if we scour the twitter accounts of other employees we would find far worse things said about Trump and Republicans in general, and those people won't lose their jobs.
Lots of reasons why a coach might not be able to do his job after a remark like that. Will the team members respond to his coaching after that? How will the other coaches, fans, alumni respond to what many see as an embarrassment? It's possible that he was just on the line already, and anything would b enough to send him out the door. Without MUCH more info, nobody can tell what will or should happen.

You didn't respond to my statement.
Nothing in your statement called for a response. I'm not sure what speculation about other employees would accomplish. Do you have any details about them, or are we just to suppose they match the imaginary people you made up to represent otherwise unknown people?

Would there be an issue with this being a public school firing someone over something they say? Yes it could be. It become less of an issue based upon what he said. A student would not be permitted to demean someone like he did either.

Employees often aren't allowed to keep their job if they embarrass their employer.

College coaches commonly have what is known as a "morals clause", or a "personal conduct clause" in their contract. It's just a quick means to dump the coach if he embarrasses the school. The article doesn't say anything about this particular coach's clause.

I'm sure if we scour the twitter accounts of other employees we would find far worse things said about Trump and Republicans in general, and those people won't lose their jobs.
Lots of reasons why a coach might not be able to do his job after a remark like that. Will the team members respond to his coaching after that? How will the other coaches, fans, alumni respond to what many see as an embarrassment? It's possible that he was just on the line already, and anything would b enough to send him out the door. Without MUCH more info, nobody can tell what will or should happen.

You didn't respond to my statement.
Nothing in your statement called for a response. I'm not sure what speculation about other employees would accomplish. Do you have any details about them, or are we just to suppose they match the imaginary people you made up to represent otherwise unknown people?

So you responded without responding, the move of the hack.

If it weren't for double standards, your side would have no standards at all.

The matter is currently before SCOTUS in Mahanoy Area School District v. B.L. ... this is the young lady who posted an explitive filled post about the school on snapchat from her own home and the school punished her ... this sounds roughly the same as the justices are looking at whether a school can punish a student for behaviors off-campus ...
Did the student have a contract with the school that had a "personal responsibility" clause?

Did the student have a contract with the school that had a "personal responsibility" clause?

Excellent points ... thank you ... the student was kicked off the cheerleader squad as her punishment ... certainly she had no "personal responsibility" clause as a student ... but does she as a high school cheerleader? ... way back in ancient times when I was in high school, students that participated in some extra-curricular activities were held under the supervising teacher's whim and fancy ... Lord above I remember what standards of conduct the poor football players were held to by the coach ... I ran track and had a much easier time with the drivers ed teacher who supervised us ...

Another thing to consider is that the high school girl's principal may in truth be a total bitch and unreasonable ... whereas this college coach spoke complete falsehoods ... 1st Amendment rights are not unlimited ... we do have laws against slander ... dicey business lying about your boss in any situation ...

Morals!

Based what I saw by looking at the linked article, the coach's tweet wasn't purely political and the personal attack was out of line. I believe it'll cause him trouble with his lawsuit, one can be political without being stupid.
Whats wrong with personal attacks over political disagreements?

Social media is full of them

Based what I saw by looking at the linked article, the coach's tweet wasn't purely political and the personal attack was out of line. I believe it'll cause him trouble with his lawsuit, one can be political without being stupid.

Why is calling Abrams "Fat Albert" worse than calling Trump say an orange fat bastard?

Why is calling Abrams "Fat Albert" worse than calling Trump say an orange fat bastard?

It's all examples of immature people.

It's all examples of immature people.

yet only the ones who go against SJW types get fired usually.

However, after further thought, when will public persons learn that nothing posted on the internet is private?

If I were a public person I would not post of any public forum such as FaceBook or Twitter

just for my own protection

And if I were a professional in sports at any level I would not voice my personal opinions on anything

Unless I was a liberal who can get away with unpopular opinions

Otherwise we should not mix politics with sports

Looking at the team's roster, by the smile on his face I wonder if the Director of Recuiting's picture was taken just after he learned of the firing?
1620320776246.png

I second this. Of course in my opinion, if a better caption is wanted, the only way to make that happen is to simply paint a better picture.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Fascism requires your total submission 7/24. You will speak when spoken to, and you will utter no words that do not conform to the State Approved narrative.

When the Left talk about using your money to pay colleges, this is what they really want the money going towards.

An offensive line coach at the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga (UTC), Chris Malone, was fired just two days after he posted a tweet strongly criticizing failed Democrat candidate for governor Stacy Abrams and her part in what the coach perceived as election fraud in Georgia.

He is now suing the school and the individuals involved in his firing.

If he violated the provisions of the Employee Handbook, he's toast.

Is TN a right to work state?

Forum List

Back