Colin Powell Endorses Single-Payer Health Care

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This is sure to cause some controversy. I admire Powell for making this statement. <my comment

Colin Powell Endorses Single-Payer Health Care - US News and World Report

"I don't see why we can't do what Europe is doing, what Canada is doing, what Korea is doing, what all these other places are doing," Powell said at the Dec. 5 event. "I am not an expert in health care, or Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act, or however you choose to describe it, but I do know this: I have benefited from that kind of universal health care in my 55 years of public life."

Last edited:
This is sure to cause some controversy. I admire Powell for making this statement. <my comment

Colin Powell Endorses Single-Payer Health Care - US News and World Report

"I don't see why we can't do what Europe is doing, what Canada is doing, what Korea is doing, what all these other places are doing," Powell said at the Dec. 5 event. "I am not an expert in health care, or Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act, or however you choose to describe it, but I do know this: I have benefited from that kind of universal health care in my 55 years of public life."

Yes, when I look to the experts on economics and healthcare the first person I look to is Colon Powell. :cuckoo:

Well, we aren't looking at you, publius.

Most vets will probably agree with CP.

Well, we aren't looking at you, publius.

Most vets will probably agree with CP.

Funny. If that was the case you would figure that the military votes for democrats. they don't. being a vet myself I would advise you not to assume that wearing a uniform in a previous career necessarily means that veterans favor your stance on healthcare.

Military Times poll: Troops backing McCain | Army Times | armytimes.com

Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 | Army Times | armytimes.com

Forum List

Back