Colin Powell Endorses Obama for Second Term

Well blacks do vote around 98% Democrat.

And it's no secret that blacks vote for other blacks.

So then Colin Powell's endorsement shouldn't come as a great surprise to anyone. :cool:

I'll bet unsealing those old divorce records is what swayed Colin Powell; it can't be Obama performance as CinC

After 'W', I don't think Powell has a lot of love in his heart for the GOP.
O’DONNELL: You worked for several Republican presidents. Are you still a Republican?

POWELL: Yes. I think I’m a Republican of more moderate mold, and that’s something of a dying breed, I’m sorry to say. But, you know, the Republicans I work for are President Reagan, President Bush 41, the Howard Bakers of the world. People who were conservative, people who were willing to push their conservative views, but people who recognized hat at the end of the day you got to find a basis for compromise. Compromise is how this country runs.

ROSE: Are you then saying that you may have to leave the Republican party that continues in the direction that it’s going?

POWELL: No, I didn’t say that at all, but nice try. I said I’m a moderate Republican, and there are fewer of us. What party are you in, Charlie?

Last edited:

Former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell on Thursday endorsed Barack Obama's bid for re-election, citing the Democratic president's efforts to wind down the war in Afghanistan and tackle terrorism.

"I think we ought to keep on the track that we are on," the Republican, who also backed Obama in 2008, told "CBS This Morning," adding, "I voted for him in 2008 and I plan to stick with him in 2012."

His son is typical GObP corrupt scum who is for sale but Colin Powell was one of the very few who actually acted on their conscience and walked away from the Bush debacle. Not surprising that he'd vow to vote his conscience now. And, especially not surprising that he'd vote for what is best for the country. Good for him. He gives me a tiny ray of hope for what the GOP used to stand for.

Not surprising that the rw cowards and hypocrites are taking a racist stand though. Idiots.

At the end of the day it comes down to this;........... blacks vote for blacks :cool:

and they vote for whites, hispanics and other nationalities. They vote democrat because that is the party that cares about them as a human being, unlike the GOP that treats them as second class citizens.

NBC won the Foreign Policy Debate ratings, at about 13 mil. viewers. The total of viewers easily approaches 60 mil., but NBC is picking up more younger adult viewers. That would be a plus number one for Obama.

Plus Number Two is any sense that Obama did better in the Defense and Foreign Policy national agenda: Than Did Romney.

Then Major Popular General Powell endorses Obama, specifically condemning the right-wind extremist, "Rape is Wonderful--Ordained by Christ," agenda. Not in so many words was it condemned, but the right-wing extremism was condemned. There is Plus Three For Obama, just in one week.

There would be two nut-case, pro-Christian-Rape agenda nutcases in the Senate--if a GOP Momentum were under way. That will easily become Plus Four for Obama, in the final days. At some point there is more likely to happen a "Nationalization" of the elections at DNC!

Since NBC scored at the top of the debate ratings--up against even prime-time broadcasts--then even the younger vote may be tuning in to the election, even at last! Likely what they are learning about the Republican Party is not what they are being taught in the schools. They were probably not taught about "Christ-Centered Rape" in the schools.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(White Eyes Now Have Deficit of Bows and Arrows, even?! Hmmm! Many wonder what gets taught in the schools, even now(?)!)

Forum List

Back