Coldest morning afaik

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Standing in front of my living room sliding door just now looking at the snow I suddenly noticed how cold my feet were. Turning on The Weather Channel to check the temp, it says it's -2 degs F. In my 15 or so years living here, that's the coldest post-sunrise morning I can remember. Mighta been colder ones, but not to my recollection.

Standing in front of my living room sliding door just now looking at the snow I suddenly noticed how cold my feet were. Turning on The Weather Channel to check the temp, it says it's -2 degs F. In my 15 or so years living here, that's the coldest post-sunrise morning I can remember. Mighta been colder ones, but not to my recollection.
I fuckin' hate cold.

Anything under 40 sucks.

Er, bekuz of gerbil worming!

Jennifer Francis said CO2 has terrified the jet stream from its usual orbit.

I fuckin' hate cold.

Anything under 40 sucks.

Prefer it to really hot. If it's cold, you can at least dress warm for it. Not much to be done though when it's really hot. :)

I fuckin' hate cold.

Anything under 40 sucks.

Prefer it to really hot. If it's cold, you can at least dress warm for it. Not much to be done though when it's really hot. :)
What do you call really hot?

Here in Louisiana we often get 90 straight days of 90+ temps and 90%+ humidity.

You can take a shower in the morning, walk to the mailbox and back at 10 am, and need another shower.

I have vowed to never spend another August here.

It is a wonderful place October, November and December, and nice again in March, April and May.

I'd like to travel most of the rest of the time.

I have a nephew in and out of Cuba these days.

Don't know how he is doing it, but, want to find out how to go there and fish.

That would be my ideal winter retreat.

I fuckin' hate cold.

Anything under 40 sucks.

You can take a shower in the morning, walk to the mailbox and back at 10 am, and need another shower.

It is a wonderful place October, November and December, and nice again in March, April and May.

This past Summer we had triple digit temps here. Recall vividly the impression of walking outside into the heat was akin to having someone hit me in the face with a hot hair dryer. :)

I fuckin' hate cold.

Anything under 40 sucks.

This past Summer we had triple digit temps here. Recall vividly the impression of walking outside into the heat was akin to having someone hit me in the face with a hot hair dryer. :)

We get triple digits a lot.

I have an old farm house; I cannot afford to stay here paying $300 a month electricity to be warm in cold weather and cool in warm weather.

I am about to relegate this Hermitage to a deer and turkey camp, and buy a new, modern house.

I've just decided I want one nobody else has ever lived in, and, the stock market has me spooked, and I am getting a new house in a new place.

Late life adventure!!!

Until moving here, coming from California I wasn't used to such vast temperature swings. -2F in Winter, over 100F in Summer vs California's maybe 40F in the worst Winter to 90F or so in Summer. Like the actual seasons here and all, though I think Winter's too long compared with Summer. At least judging by whether the pool's open or not. :)

Until moving here, coming from California I wasn't used to such vast temperature swings. -2F in Winter, over 100F in Summer vs California's maybe 40F in the worst Winter to 90F or so in Summer. Like the actual seasons here and all, though I think Winter's too long compared with Summer. At least judging by whether the pool's open or not. :)
Sumer is a bit too hot and intense here.

A lifetime of it has left me with skin cancer problems, so, I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible, gave up salt water fishing, but, don't know how much longer I can do that.

Thinking night fishing is the solution.

Of course, no night gardening, I just where a floppy dickhhead hat, and long sleeves.

Sun is shining today, and it will warm up to the 50's; 32 right now, and I can't do that.

Hope to run the rake harrow through my gardens and let frost kill more roots and bugs.

I love getting ready for gardening and Spring.

A lifetime of it has left me with skin cancer problems, so, I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible, gave up salt water fishing, but, don't know how much longer I can do that.

Of course, no night gardening, I just where a floppy dickhhead hat, and long sleeves.

Sun is shining today, and it will warm up to the 50's; 32 right now, and I can't do that.

Hope to run the rake harrow through my gardens and let frost kill more roots and bugs.

Most weather websites will have a section noting the UV level for the day. Gives you a good idea of when it's high enough to fry you if not wearing sunblock and a hat and such. Have had days here when it was 14 which is enough to burn caucasian skin in about 20 minutes. And the Sun's rays are just like every other radiation - cumulative. Exposure adds up over your lifetime so understanding this and taking steps to reduce our exposure is imperative.

Most weather websites will have a section noting the UV level for the day. Gives you a good idea of when it's high enough to fry you if not wearing sunblock and a hat and such. Have had days here when it was 14 which is enough to burn caucasian skin in about 20 minutes. And the Sun's rays are just like every other radiation - cumulative. Exposure adds up over your lifetime so understanding this and taking steps to reduce our exposure is imperative.
I am paying for years of hitting the pool at daylight and staying until dark, from age 8-18.

Set an all-time new record low apparently. Though I only noticed it at -2F, it had been -5F setting the new record.

New Topics

Forum List

Back