Colbert takes lampooning of the Citizen's United ruling to a new level

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Colbert explains Rove’s ‘money laundering’ scheme | Raw Replay

Unlike American Crossroads, Rove’s Crossroads GPS is a 501c4 organization that does not have to disclose its donors. Crossroads GPS can then transfer donations to the Americans Crossroads SuperPAC and the original donors remain secret.

“Clearly, these c4s have created an unprecedented, unaccountable, untraceable cash tsunami that will infect every corner of the next election,” Colbert noted. “And I feel like an idiot for not having one.”

With the help of former McCain campaign attorney Trevor Potter, Colbert created an anonymous shell corporation and a 501c4 organization.

“So I can get money for my c4, use that for political purposes, and nobody know anything about it until six months after the election?” Colbert asked.

“Yes,” Potter agreed. “And even then they won’t know who your donors are.”

“That’s my kind of campaign finance restrictions,” Colbert joked. “Can I take this c4 money and donate it to my SuperPAC?”

“You can,” Potter replied.

“But wait, SuperPACs are transparent,” Colbert observed. “And the c4 is secret. So I can take secret donations to my c4 and give it to my supposedly transparent SuperPAC. What is the difference between that and money laundering?”

“It’s hard to say,” Potter said.

Colbert explains Rove’s ‘money laundering’ scheme*|*Raw Replay

its why so many are giving to SCs super pack.

It already gave the republicans a failed frontrunner PARRY

Its why I always spell his name with an A

Republicans are accepting donations from foreign corporations and hiding their donor lists from the American People. America for sale.

yeap.

its a perfect way for AQ to donate to their favored poltical party in the US.

The cons just love that idea

• Banned
This shouldn't be a partisan thing. It's a simple matter of right and wrong.

The Citizen's United ruling was flat out wrong.

A. A 501c4 is a perfectly legal way to donate money.

B. Anyone assuming Dims aren't also taking advantage of c4's?

Everybody knows that Obama's billion $$ war chest came from the unemployed and those on public assistance.

Forum List

Back