Coffee Party Founder = Senator Webb, Obama Activist

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
NY Times, Washington Post Hide Phony ‘Coffee Party’ Astroturf Roots — at the NY Times! - Big Journalism

What product works best for hiding artificial roots? Printer’s ink, of course!

For more information, check recent copies of The Washington Post and The New York Times, both of which portrayed 41-year-old Annabel Park as a concerned citizen from Virginia who became the accidental founder of a new grass-roots liberal political group, Coffee Party USA.

In the articles, Park—who is identified as a “documentary filmmaker”—preaches “respectful and civil engagement,” even with the more successful source of her knockoff inspiration, the populist Tea Party. And in an online chat presented by the Post, she issues the following declaration:

We are purely grassroots movement, independent of any party, corporation, or lobbying organization.

Yet there was nothing accidental about Park’s anti-Tea Party activism; the Coffee Party’s roots are about as grassy as the signature surface of the old Houston Astrodome; and Park’s facade of cooperation is undermined by her “tea bagger” epithets on Twitter.

Meanwhile, her claim that the Coffee Party is “purely grassroots” and “independent of any party” is laughably rebutted by the fact that the registrant for the website was listed as “Real Virginians For Webb, 14461 Sedona Drive, Gainesville, Virginia 20155” until the information suddenly went private behind a proxy. That’s “Webb” as in Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, one of at least two elected Democrats for whom Park has actively campaigned (as evidenced by this campaign video, “Real Virginians for Webb”:

The other Democrat? Barack Obama. So intense was her support for the would-be president that Park co-directed a video for the YouTube channel, UnitedForObama, in which she encourages her mother to give a pro-Obama testimonial in their native Korean. The slick four-minute production, titled “Annabel’s Mom Takes on Sarah Palin, In Korean!!!,” features jaunty piano music and English translations of her mother’s homage to Obama, including this comment, which has the vague ring of a “Dear Leader” haiku:

I listened to Obama’s speeches/and, though my English isn’t perfect/I started to change my mind about him./I came to understand/what he wanted to accomplish/and what we really need is Obama.

The video also makes good on its title’s promise:

Sarah Palin…/that woman worries me./It’s not just that she’s inexperienced,/and a little fanatical./Thinking of her as VP worries me;/to think of her in charge of the US./This is a time for America to change.

Coffee Party USA was founded by a member of Democratic Senator Jim Webb's campaign? Hmm...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQ5Nq1ApRQ]YouTube - Real Virginians For Webb[/ame]

She seems non-partisan, no?

astroturf-astroturf1.jpg

LOL, thanks for posting that. I've been meaning to, but i wanted to see how far the Lamestream media and the Progressives-Commies would go before the "non-biased" media like, Cnn and Pmsnbc disclosed this.:lol:

I like Jim Webb just for the fact he wrote arguably the best fictional book about Vietnam, Fields of Fire.

Don't let politics prevent you from picking it up. Awesome read.

Stupak is starting the Latte Party, it agrees with the Coffee Party Platform, but they're pro-life and take 2 sugars

Why do you think she should not start a non partisan group because she is a democrat?

NY Times, Washington Post Hide Phony ‘Coffee Party’ Astroturf Roots — at the NY Times! - Big Journalism

For more information, check recent copies of The Washington Post and The New York Times, both of which portrayed 41-year-old Annabel Park as a concerned citizen from Virginia who became the accidental founder of a new grass-roots liberal political group, Coffee Party USA.

In the articles, Park—who is identified as a “documentary filmmaker”—preaches “respectful and civil engagement,” even with the more successful source of her knockoff inspiration, the populist Tea Party. And in an online chat presented by the Post, she issues the following declaration:

We are purely grassroots movement, independent of any party, corporation, or lobbying organization.

Yet there was nothing accidental about Park’s anti-Tea Party activism; the Coffee Party’s roots are about as grassy as the signature surface of the old Houston Astrodome; and Park’s facade of cooperation is undermined by her “tea bagger” epithets on Twitter.

Meanwhile, her claim that the Coffee Party is “purely grassroots” and “independent of any party” is laughably rebutted by the fact that the registrant for the website was listed as “Real Virginians For Webb, 14461 Sedona Drive, Gainesville, Virginia 20155” until the information suddenly went private behind a proxy. That’s “Webb” as in Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, one of at least two elected Democrats for whom Park has actively campaigned (as evidenced by this campaign video, “Real Virginians for Webb”:

The other Democrat? Barack Obama. So intense was her support for the would-be president that Park co-directed a video for the YouTube channel, UnitedForObama, in which she encourages her mother to give a pro-Obama testimonial in their native Korean. The slick four-minute production, titled “Annabel’s Mom Takes on Sarah Palin, In Korean!!!,” features jaunty piano music and English translations of her mother’s homage to Obama, including this comment, which has the vague ring of a “Dear Leader” haiku:

I listened to Obama’s speeches/and, though my English isn’t perfect/I started to change my mind about him./I came to understand/what he wanted to accomplish/and what we really need is Obama.

Sarah Palin…/that woman worries me./It’s not just that she’s inexperienced,/and a little fanatical./Thinking of her as VP worries me;/to think of her in charge of the US./This is a time for America to change.

Coffee Party USA was founded by a member of Democratic Senator Jim Webb's campaign? Hmm...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQ5Nq1ApRQ]YouTube - Real Virginians For Webb[/ame]

And the tea party was begun by Dick Armey........what's your point?

The woman is allowed to start a non partisan group.

Why is it you think a Chief Justices wife can start what she would claim is a non partisan group that does the rights bidding yet you dont think a dem is not allowed to do the same?

And the tea party was begun by Dick Armey........what's your point?

Only in your Lemming mind

I don't know much about this Coffee Party...but are they claiming to be a grass roots movement separate from the established parties like the Teabaggers are?

Now you righties cant seem to believe a nonpartisan group can be started by someone who is left leaning?

You people are so obvious in your partisanship and unbalenced look at the world.

The tea party movement was STOLEN from libertarians by right wing people like Dick Army ( man what a name) and claims to be non partisan and you lap that up like pablum. Yet in your mind a left leaning person can not do anything non partisan.

Do you people EVER feel shame?

Forum List

Back