Coed ROOM (Not Dorm) Sharing Now. EGAD!

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Well, it's finally come to this. We have had co-ed dorms for a number of years, you know, where male and female students live in the same dorm, often on the same floor in adjoining rooms - coming and going at will, frolicking down the hallway in a state of half or total undress. Shameful!! An OUTRAGE, I tell you. (Don't forget who is writing this.)

In today's L.A. Times, the final, inevitable consequence of all of this: At Pitzer College in Claremont, California, a male and a female student are sharing the same ROOM! You heard me. And with the sanction of the college! Well! In case you want lurid details, here's the article:

Mixed-gender dorm rooms are gaining acceptance - latimes.com

Neither of them is gay. He is 21, she is 20. There is no sex involved - they are just "good friends" who are compatible and who want to be roommates. Right.

Hey - I'm not saying it can't happen. Perhaps, all will work out. But I'm here to tell you, allowing coed room sharing is an invitation to disaster for more than a couple of reasons. First of all, women are almost impossible to get along with under the best of conditions. Without sex, why should a guy put up with it all? (Just sayin') Also JUST KIDDING!!! JUST KIDDING!!!

But seriously, folks. What this well-meaning couple is overlooking is, well, basic biology. There is a reason we are built differently. We are also wired differently - especially in our late teens and early twenties. I know it is trendy to hold ourselves out as capable of resisting temptation in inter-gender relationships. Husbands who proudly announce their wife is going out to dinner with an old boyfriend and "I hope they have a good evening." Wives who proudly announce that their husband is going on a three-day business trip with a female associate. But, just under the surface of this trendy trust, lies the potential for major problems.

I submit that all of this flies in the face of reality. I am not in favor of coed room sharing. There is way too much potential for disaster.

How say you?

Last edited:
Men snore and fart in their sleep. They also leave dirty socks and underwear on the floor. If I weren't married, I would only room with a woman. I imagine it's the males pushing this. For many, many reasons... :eusa_whistle:

MJZ1193.gif

No.

My daughter is in her second year of college. First year dorms are separated, boys dorm/girls dorms. Second year there was one dorm that was all girl, she drew the short straw and ended up getting a great room, room mate and bathroom in the all girl dorm. She wanted to go off campus next year but of the half dozen girls available to room, two wanted to be RA's, two didn't have cars and the other two were bottom of the list roomies so. . . she's staying on campus. Likely she will be in a co-ed dorm. Some of the guys in her major got a house and she actually contemplated moving in with them (if she could get another girl to go with her and they weren't full up). I just laughed. One house, one bath room, four guys. Yeah, right. She'd have been making an hour commute to school.

:eek:
i submit that all of this flies in the face of reality. I am not in favor of coed room sharing. There is way too much potential for disaster.

How say you?

omg :ack-1:

Do you know what this could lead to? SEX

If they are over 18 and are legally adults, they should be able to live with anyone they want. Thats the way it is in the outside world

Forum List

Back