Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Yup, this is disheartening.

Coca-Cola chief criticises US tax rules - FT.com

Coca-Cola now sees the US becoming a less friendly business environment than China, its chief executive has revealed, citing political gridlock and an antiquated tax structure as reasons its home market has become less competitive.

Muhtar Kent, Coke’s chief executive, said “in many respects” it was easier doing business in China, which he likened to a well-managed company. “You have a one-stop shop in terms of the Chinese foreign investment agency and local governments are fighting for investment with each other,” he told the Financial Times.

Haha....and china has way more government control than we do.
Fuck this has to burn.....burn badly.

It's not a matter of control, it's a matter of being business friendly.

if I want to set up a factory in China, the government will bend over backwards to help me.

If I want to set up a factory in the US, they are making sure that I won't be stepping on any snail darters...

if I want to set up a factory in China, the government will bend over backwards to help me.

If I want to set up a factory in the US, they are making sure that I won't be stepping on any snail darters...

In other words, a Communist Government is not bad for business..............sure you're conservative?

yes china is exploytation ready.

If they love china they can move there for all I care.

then we can charge tarriffs for their nasty assed product and sales of other drinks will soar in the US.

This is a perfect example of how the corps see the US.

merely a place to sell product and they will bail on us for an extra dime.

We should return the sentiment

In other words, a Communist Government is not bad for business..............sure you're conservative?

The Chinese stopped being "Communist" a very long time ago. Please don't be dishonest.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with China's growth, but we have to look at what they are doing right.

They are not treating business as the "enemy".

China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The People's Republic of China is a single-party state governed by the Communist Party of China (CPC).[14] The PRC exercises jurisdiction over 22 provinces, five autonomous regions, four directly-controlled municipalities (Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, and Chongqing), and two largely self-governing[15] former European colonies, Hong Kong and Macau, as special administrative regions (SARs). Its capital city is Beijing.[16] The PRC also claims as a 23rd province the island of Taiwan, which is controlled by the Government of Republic of China (ROC). This claim of Taiwan is controversial and related to the complex political status of Taiwan and the unresolved Chinese Civil War.

The Chinese stopped being "Communist" a very long time ago. Please don't be dishonest.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with China's growth, but we have to look at what they are doing right.

They are not treating business as the "enemy".

oh word, what are they now would you say? their censorship and shit is still in full effect, i know that for a fact

so now communism is just fine as long as they let Coca Cola have whatever they want.

then we can charge tarriffs for their nasty assed product and sales of other drinks will soar in the US.

Personally, I think our trade policies (all promoted by your boy Bill Clinton getting bags of money from Chinese Colonels and Monks) suck and are a large part of the problem.

But corporations are in the business of business. If you are going to put snail darters and spotted owls ahead of jobs, then don't be surprised when you lose jobs and are stuck eating the spotted owls.

Personally, I think our trade policies (all promoted by your boy Bill Clinton getting bags of money from Chinese Colonels and Monks) suck and are a large part of the problem.

But corporations are in the business of business. If you are going to put snail darters and spotted owls ahead of jobs, then don't be surprised when you lose jobs and are stuck eating the spotted owls.

do you understand what happens when you distroy certain species in an ecosystem?

Birds eat bugs and owls eat rodents.

Are you catching on yet?

oh word, what are they now would you say? their censorship and shit is still in full effect, i know that for a fact

I would call that "fascist" more than Communist, but it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY POINT.

Free speech has nothing to do with a solid business environment. We can be business friendly, and still have the right of idiots to say stupid things.

When the CEO of a major company says, "It's easier to do business in china than the US", we need to start looking at what our own business laws are...

[

do you understand what happens when you distroy certain species in an ecosystem?

Birds eat bugs and owls eat rodents.

Are you catching on yet?

A snail darter is a fish, not a bird. I could go into whole paragraphs of why the Endangered Species Act not only is bad for business, but doesn't really help animals all that much.

The thing is, if the spotted owl can't adapt, screw it. There are plenty of other owls that have learned to live along side humans, such as the barred owl.

The "endangered" species are usually the ones that were on the fast track to extinction before we came along.

If you want a world were the CEOs are kings why dont you and bripat get together and start your lists of who you will euthenize first?

You see, TM. That is the problem.
I agree....Coke wants to move to China, stop buying Coke. Problem is, most people wont stop buying coke. With operating costs, coke will be able to keep their prices low and Americans will continue buying it.

I have said all along that it is the American People that have created the problems we have. The American People, in general, do what they want, not what they say. They will complain about Wal-Mart but shop there anyway for the lower prices. They will compalin about the credit card interest rates, but use them anyway. They will complain about Nike and child labor overseas, but buy their athletic shoes anyway. They will complain about Wall Street, yet invest their money anyway hoping their money will make money for them. (They can easily invest in Muni's and get a lower, yet more safe a return).

Now, on ther flip side....exactly what is wrong with a corporation trying to make more money? If it has no adverse affect on sales, wouldnt it be foolish to NOT try to save money?

SO you see, it is up to the American People to give Coke a reason to regret their decision to produce in China, (if they opt to). You (maybe) and many like you want the product and want the government to do something about it.....I say let us, as Americans, control the decisions Coke makes. Buy Pepsi for example.

But sadly, we are a nation of NIMBY.....we speak the words, but act otherwise.

Forum List

Back