‘Cobra Kai’ Is Netflix’s No. 1 Because It’s Anti-Woke

Will have to watch it.

“In contrast to much of the unwatchable content Hollywood produces these days, “Cobra Kai” creators Jon Hurwitz, Josh Heald, and Hayden Schlossberg do not seem to mind if anyone is offended by their work. Instead of using sanctimonious leftist virtue signaling to make a point or having characters preen about their woke moral superiority, the show cleverly and hilariously mocks the cancer that is “politically correct” culture, while promoting personal responsibility and accountability for the decisions we make.

Unlike the Black Lives Matter movement, which has stated it wantsto “disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure,” “Cobra Kai” embraces the importance of having a cohesive family unit that includes strong fathers and caring mothers. It also shows us what happens when parents abrogate their most basic responsibilities and neglect their children. The outcome is often tragic and predictable.”
Its very good.

It’s the Johnnie Lawrence redemption story. Fantastic character. Maccio plays the same character he did in the movies, basically.

Will have to watch it.

“In contrast to much of the unwatchable content Hollywood produces these days, “Cobra Kai” creators Jon Hurwitz, Josh Heald, and Hayden Schlossberg do not seem to mind if anyone is offended by their work. Instead of using sanctimonious leftist virtue signaling to make a point or having characters preen about their woke moral superiority, the show cleverly and hilariously mocks the cancer that is “politically correct” culture, while promoting personal responsibility and accountability for the decisions we make.

Unlike the Black Lives Matter movement, which has stated it wantsto “disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure,” “Cobra Kai” embraces the importance of having a cohesive family unit that includes strong fathers and caring mothers. It also shows us what happens when parents abrogate their most basic responsibilities and neglect their children. The outcome is often tragic and predictable.”
So you found a safe space. I'm happy for you.

We watched it. The acting sucks, but the show knows what it is and it is very borderline satirical.

I didn't notice any woke or anti woke anything, so maybe in the current climate that makes it anti woke, I don't know.

Daniel's acting sucks, his Karate is terrible and he is some total badass, lol. On the other hand, the kids' actual karate seems to have gotten better. In season 1 it was hilarious, now actually decent for obviously staged stuff.

Anyhow, enjoy it for what it is, which is non-serious fluff stuff, and don't read too much into it or out of it and you'll probably come out ahead. JMHO.

Will have to watch it.

Just started watching. Is that old man Ed Asner?! Thought he died years ago.

I turned it off this season when they brought in that little Negro kid as a main character. Too woke for me.

Yeah, but I did like them bringing back Terry Silver the Karate Kid 3 bad guy. He is sick.

I found it amusing how the whole show exists in a parallel universe where lots of adults care deeply about karate in Los Angeles. But it is an entertaining show. The first season really developed how miserable Johnny's childhood was, and why it drove him to be a bully. He's the biggest redemption story in the show.

I found it amusing how the whole show exists in a parallel universe where lots of adults care deeply about karate in Los Angeles. But it is an entertaining show. The first season really developed how miserable Johnny's childhood was, and why it drove him to be a bully. He's the biggest redemption story in the show.
I think thats what I like most about this, the telling of the Johnny story after leaving him out of pretty much all the movies after the first. He is down to earth, blue collar and funny. And I have to admit I like all the hype around the tournament.

I think thats what I like most about this, the telling of the Johnny story after leaving him out of pretty much all the movies after the first. He is down to earth, blue collar and funny. And I have to admit I like all the hype around the tournament.

It's good how we see Johnny struggle to avoid making the same mistakes his parents made, and seeing how unhappy and scared he was during the events of the original movie was a great alternative perspective on the character.

How’d Karate Kid II do at the box office?
I would like to know this too. It got released just before my 4th birthday and I remember seeing the TV commercials for it. I loved watching Daniel smile at the girl when she smiles at him while holding her fan near the end of the film. I guess that you can say that Ralph Macchio is my first celebrity crush. :) :) :)

God bless you and him and the other remaining cast members always!!!

Holly

P.S. Another reason why that part of the film trilogy is my favorite is because there isn't even one swear word in it. :) :) :)

Will have to watch it.

I've enjoyed the show...it's funny, and reminds me of when I was a kid.

It's good how we see Johnny struggle to avoid making the same mistakes his parents made, and seeing how unhappy and scared he was during the events of the original movie was a great alternative perspective on the character.
In one episode this season, he actually made a great argument for why Iceman, and not Maverick is the real hero of Top Gun....hahah it was epic, and made some excellent points

I would like to know this too. It got released just before my 4th birthday and I remember seeing the TV commercials for it. I loved watching Daniel smile at the girl when she smiles at him while holding her fan near the end of the film. I guess that you can say that Ralph Macchio is my first celebrity crush. :) :) :)

God bless you and him and the other remaining cast members always!!!

Holly

P.S. Another reason why that part of the film trilogy is my favorite is because there isn't even one swear word in it. :) :) :)

Karate Kid II made $115 million at the box office, more than the first film. I don't know how they calculate earnings on video, cable, streaming, etc., but it was a financially successful film for the studio that produced it.

Forum List

Back