Coal miners blast Obama over campaign ad's digs at Romney

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Coal miners blast Obama over campaign ad's digs at Romney | Fox News

Romney appeared at an Aug. 15 event in Belmont County surrounded by 500 coal miners, and claimed that unnecessary regulation by the Obama administration's Environmental Protection Agency amounts to a "war on coal," and has helped put thousands of miners' jobs in jeopardy. The Obama campaign countered with an ad charging the miners were forced to attend the Romney rally, and that they lost a day's pay.

That ad followed a mining company official's acknowledgement that workers were told attendance was "mandatory" -- though he claimed they weren't really "forced" to attend.

Mitch Miracle said:
"These ads state that we were forced to attend this rally, and that is blatantly false."

A group of 500 miners has now penned a letter and released a video insisting that no one was forced to attend the rally and demanding that the Obama campaign disavow the ad. The workers at Century mine, in Beallsville, Ohio, which is operated by Murray Energy subsidiary American Energy Century, said they "voluntarily and enthusiastically" attended the event.

"These ads state that we were forced to attend this rally, and that is blatantly false," coal worker Mitch Miracle said on the video, reading from a letter sent to the president's campaign. "Since your approval is attached to these ads, you may not wish to support these mistruths. Why would you lie about the 500 working miners who have signed this letter? We, the employees of Century mine, would request that you immediately stop these false ads."

SUCK IT, LIBTARDS!!!!!!!!!

In an interview with a talk radio show host, Murray Energy CFO Rob Moore denied allegations that workers were “forced,” choosing instead to use the word “mandatory.”
“Our managers communicated to our workforce that the attendance at the Romney event was mandatory, but no one was forced to attend,” Moore said. He confirmed that pay was docked for all the workers.

Miners Say They Were Forced To Attend Romney Campaign Event Without Pay: 'We Knew What Would Happen' | ThinkProgress

Coal miners blast Obama over campaign ad's digs at Romney | Fox News

Romney appeared at an Aug. 15 event in Belmont County surrounded by 500 coal miners, and claimed that unnecessary regulation by the Obama administration's Environmental Protection Agency amounts to a "war on coal," and has helped put thousands of miners' jobs in jeopardy. The Obama campaign countered with an ad charging the miners were forced to attend the Romney rally, and that they lost a day's pay.

That ad followed a mining company official's acknowledgement that workers were told attendance was "mandatory" -- though he claimed they weren't really "forced" to attend.

Mitch Miracle said:
"These ads state that we were forced to attend this rally, and that is blatantly false."

A group of 500 miners has now penned a letter and released a video insisting that no one was forced to attend the rally and demanding that the Obama campaign disavow the ad. The workers at Century mine, in Beallsville, Ohio, which is operated by Murray Energy subsidiary American Energy Century, said they "voluntarily and enthusiastically" attended the event.

"These ads state that we were forced to attend this rally, and that is blatantly false," coal worker Mitch Miracle said on the video, reading from a letter sent to the president's campaign. "Since your approval is attached to these ads, you may not wish to support these mistruths. Why would you lie about the 500 working miners who have signed this letter? We, the employees of Century mine, would request that you immediately stop these false ads."

no matter how big your font... no matter how you color your words... no matter how much you tantrum... posts like this are just freaking dumbastoast.

but i wonder if the people whining about the ad are being put up to it like the miners who had to spend unpaid overtime standing behind romney so it looked like he had their support.

I can't believe anyone actually thinks thinkprogress is anything more than a National Enquirer of politics.

In an interview with a talk radio show host, Murray Energy CFO Rob Moore denied allegations that workers were “forced,” choosing instead to use the word “mandatory.”
“Our managers communicated to our workforce that the attendance at the Romney event was mandatory, but no one was forced to attend,” Moore said. He confirmed that pay was docked for all the workers.

Miners Say They Were Forced To Attend Romney Campaign Event Without Pay: 'We Knew What Would Happen' | ThinkProgress

my group of 500 miners beats your handful.

no matter how big your font... no matter how you color your words... no matter how much you tantrum... posts like this are just freaking dumbastoast.

but i wonder if the people whining about the ad are being put up to it like the miners who had to spend unpaid overtime standing behind romney so it looked like he had their support.

you have any proof the 500 miners blasting Obama for lying about them are being forced to do so?

If not, sit down and shut the fuck up.

you have any proof the 500 miners blasting Obama for lying about them are being forced to do so?

If not, sit down and shut the fuck up.

Wow... she sure shut the fuck up in a hurry, huh :rofl:

Forum List

Back