Coal ash as source of rare earths

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
"Theoretically, an American company could use this technique to mine coal and coal byproducts for rare-earth metals and compete with Chinese mining," said Xu. Furthermore, for U.S. national security purposes "it is probably reasonable to have alternate sources of rare-earth metals to avoid being at the mercy of a foreign supply."
Courtesy of Sandia Labs. Citric acid is the secret sauce.

"Theoretically, an American company could use this technique to mine coal and coal byproducts for rare-earth metals and compete with Chinese mining," said Xu. Furthermore, for U.S. national security purposes "it is probably reasonable to have alternate sources of rare-earth metals to avoid being at the mercy of a foreign supply."

Theoretically, a lot of things are possible.

But the reality is that if US ingenuity figured out how to be self sufficient in solar energy and the such, the liberal alarmists would find a reason why that wasn't good for the environment.

They want American DEPENDENT , no self sufficient, on foreign sources and they want the Middle Class put back into its place

Arsenic, cadmium, lead, all kinda shit in there.

Also quite radioactive.

Deadly to people who live down wind.

Forum List

Back