Coach Faces $500 Fine for Letting Team Score Too Many Points

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Oct172019
Nothing could better sum up the mandatory mediocrity at the heart of moonbattery than a Pennsylvania youth football coach facing a $500 fine and possible suspension because he let his team score too many points.

Via Washington Examiner:

The Keystone Sports League, which is for children no older than 7, had ruled that no team was allowed to score greater than 30 points than the other team on the field. Coach Kyle Williams knew that he was dangerously close to breaking the rule as his team of young children already led by 30 but was unable to stop a 5-year-old boy from scoring an additional touchdown.

Williams did his best to hold down his team. He replaced starters with kids “who normally never played.” But he failed to keep the kids from trying.

Williams ran alongside the second-string 5-year-old, encouraging him to tank his scoring opportunity and fall down, but the boy crossed into the end zone anyway.

They teach kids to be ashamed to do their best because it might be better than someone else’s best. This is the progressive conception of equality in a nutshell. It is the essence of political correctness.

The coach’s brother-in-law is Torrey Smith, who used to play for the Eagles. He makes a few points:

1. Kids need to learn how to deal with failure. Don’t want to get smashed? Play better.
2. Life doesn’t let up. When it rains it pours.
3. The other kids can’t give their all because there is a rule. “Work hard but not too hard” that’s stupid.

Smith didn’t make it into the NFL by not trying. But in utopia, everyone will be equal, so trying won’t be necessary. For the sake of inclusion, everyone who wants to play will take turns in the NFL, and every game will end in a tie. People won’t need to know how to deal with failure, because no one will be allowed to fail.

Some people’s attitudes will have to be reengineered before utopia can be attained, to judge from this poll:

We once beat a team in hockey 41-0. We were 11.

We were fined $0

I scored 5 goals.

It was awesome.

Crushed them and sent em home crying to momma

I think that makes you a nazi and white supremacist who is against like things and like stuff

We were fined $0

I scored 5 goals.

It was awesome.

I think that makes you a nazi and white supremacist who is against like things and like stuff

After the game, the two teams shook hands and that was that. No crying, no helicopter parents, no loser liberals trying to Save the World.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Punishment for good play. Everyone gets a trophy so they don’t feel bad. Setting these kids up for failure at a young age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were fined $0

I scored 5 goals.

It was awesome.

After the game, the two teams shook hands and that was that. No crying, no helicopter parents, no loser liberals trying to Save the World.

Like gents
I dont think they do that anymore ...today the make the boys kiss to show tolerence and acceptance for fags and hepititus ....its a new law

With younger than 7 groups, if you are going to have that sort of rule, you shouldn't even officially keep score.

We got slaughter ruled by an all girl's team one time. It was awesome. Those Amazon lesbians were just knocking balls over the fence left and right. Nothing we could do about it when you are standing at the fence at the ball is still 10 or 15 feet above your head as it flies past.

Oct172019
Nothing could better sum up the mandatory mediocrity at the heart of moonbattery than a Pennsylvania youth football coach facing a $500 fine and possible suspension because he let his team score too many points.

Via Washington Examiner:

The Keystone Sports League, which is for children no older than 7, had ruled that no team was allowed to score greater than 30 points than the other team on the field. Coach Kyle Williams knew that he was dangerously close to breaking the rule as his team of young children already led by 30 but was unable to stop a 5-year-old boy from scoring an additional touchdown.

Williams did his best to hold down his team. He replaced starters with kids “who normally never played.” But he failed to keep the kids from trying.

Williams ran alongside the second-string 5-year-old, encouraging him to tank his scoring opportunity and fall down, but the boy crossed into the end zone anyway.

They teach kids to be ashamed to do their best because it might be better than someone else’s best. This is the progressive conception of equality in a nutshell. It is the essence of political correctness.

The coach’s brother-in-law is Torrey Smith, who used to play for the Eagles. He makes a few points:

1. Kids need to learn how to deal with failure. Don’t want to get smashed? Play better.
3. The other kids can’t give their all because there is a rule. “Work hard but not too hard” that’s stupid.

Smith didn’t make it into the NFL by not trying. But in utopia, everyone will be equal, so trying won’t be necessary. For the sake of inclusion, everyone who wants to play will take turns in the NFL, and every game will end in a tie. People won’t need to know how to deal with failure, because no one will be allowed to fail.

Some people’s attitudes will have to be reengineered before utopia can be attained, to judge from this poll:

I had to work my ass off for more than three seasons before I finally made first string in my final year of high school, playing only the last five games of the season as a starter on the return squad, but I got my letter and had the respect of the coach and the other players. These silly asses have no idea what they're robbing kids of . . . or maybe they do and that's the whole point, to churn out weak and dependent sheep.

Oct172019

Via Washington Examiner:

I had to work my ass off for more than three seasons before I finally made first string in my final year of high school, playing only the last five games of the season as a starter on the return squad, but I got my letter and had the respect of the coach and the other players. These silly asses have no idea what they're robbing kids of . . . or maybe they do and that's the whole point, to churn out weak and dependent sheep.

Maybe if they had spent more time teaching you fundamentals when you were 5-7, you could have played 6 games your senior year :10:

When a recreational league has huge disparities among the quality of the teams, it is normally not a case of the kids on the weaker teams not trying hard, or not doing their best. It is usually a terrible coach or some systemic problem (teams drawn from larger or smaller pools of would-be players).

Nothing of value is learned by either team when this happens.

At older levels when the boys know what they are doing, there is no reason IMO to run up the score on a weak team. But when the kids are little, they don't so let em go.

That score limitation is probably more about the Dad's egos than the kids anyway. When I was coaching the littles, I don't know how many times I heard "Did we win coach?"

Oct172019

Via Washington Examiner:

Maybe if they had spent more time teaching you fundamentals when you were 5-7, you could have played 6 games your senior year :10:

:04:

Well, actually, the problem for me is that our team was very talented. I could run, but not well enough. I could catch, but not well enough. I was also light in the ass, but between the end of the third season to the fourth, I shot up to 6' and gained 40 pounds. You weren't far off though. LOL! I was 5'7'' as a freshman and just over 5'9" at the end of the third season. I did play in a few games in my junior year, but strictly off the bench in the fourth quarter.

I have nothing against a mercy rule that ends a game early if one team builds what is considered an insurmountable lead, but fining the coach is bullshit.

When a recreational league has huge disparities among the quality of the teams, it is normally not a case of the kids on the weaker teams not trying hard, or not doing their best. It is usually a terrible coach or some systemic problem (teams drawn from larger or smaller pools of would-be players).

Nothing of value is learned by either team when this happens.

Your opinion on this subject is tainted by your disdain for and lack of understanding sport in general.

Oct172019

Via Washington Examiner:

:04:

Well, actually, the problem for me is that our team was very talented. I could run, but not well enough. I could catch, but not well enough. I was also light in the ass, but between the end of the third season to the fourth, I shot up to 6' and gained 40 pounds. You weren't far off though. LOL! I was 5'7'' as a freshman and just over 5'9" at the end of the third season. I did play in a few games in my junior year, but strictly off the bench in the fourth quarter.

We had a guy like you but worse. He never played a single game in HS after JV. He lettered though. He wasn't short. He was just too damn skinny and there was nothing he could do about it. He was built for track, not football. The irony is that his brother was huge and had been an all-american and a scholastic all-american a few years before. That was just the nature of our conference. You could be dumb as a box of rocks and know nothing of football, but if you were big, you would start somewhere. I was a very undersized tight end at 5 10 and 175 lbs, but absolutely nobody else wanted that position except for people who dumbed out or were injured out so I started, but I got my ass handed to me more often than not on the line squaring up against farm boys that had 2 to 4 inches and 30+ pounds on me. I did okay as far as getting off the line to catch passes, but there definitely wasn't a strong side to our line when I was blocking :coffee:

Oct172019

Via Washington Examiner:

I doubt this coach was fined. The rule is to restrain asshole coaches (there are plenty of them) who think the game is about them and their egos. Recently, I saw a coach tells his team of third graders to stall a basketball game just to preserve their lead. Who benefited from that?

New Topics

Forum List

Back